Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Help with character?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm having a wee bit of trouble and I thought some of you may be able to assist me.

For some reason, whenever I create a character I end up disliking it two or three minutes later. I've been trying to conquer my habbit of making new characters one after another and so on. Yet, again, it's all with the fact that I don't like them anymore.

Does anybody have any tips or advice to creating a good, solid, one-that-somebody-would-keep character?
I'd go for something very simple and straightforward, like a human commoner or a tauren hunter, with very few frills. An endearing, friendly personality of some sort would probably be good to get you into as much roleplay as possible. If you overthink and over-elaborate on the idea before you put it into effect too well, then it's more prone to fall flat, so just go with something plain. Take a basic character out for a spin, see if you like him/her, and build up from there if you please.
Find a source of inspiration. Sometimes character concepts aren't that wonderful when they come straight from your own head, but I would say find something to inspire you and go from there.

It's worked for me in the past. The hard part is finding something inspiring - every thing else just falls into place from there.
Alright, well thank you very much. I think I have an idea.