Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Purge Most Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'Go to you bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know.'
-William Shakespeare

For a long time, COTH, I've been chuckin' round this server. I've built friendships with characters and with all of you, and i've watched as most people have left and skittered off with their characters as I remained. Those few that i've stuck with since the beginning have been the closest to me, those that have left have taken more than they know with them. My characters have been founded on others, their histories and blood bonds tried and true were lost with them. I've noticed around the server that so many people here are new, and while that's a wonderful, spectacular thing, I am not. I'm not even a year old and i've seen people come and go so quickly.

It is because of this that I have decided to purge all of my characters. The only one being recycled is Anski, for name purposes, as a different race and different future. Other than that, they all have to go.

Ripley Hawkins, Scruffy tomboy engineer, has retired in Ratchet after a thrilling fight with Rensin and a lot of thought and pondering.
Ivan Ashholder, Gnomish fire mage, has died inside Gnomergan one sunday morning, cut down by a roving Trogg gang, glasses smashed for the last time.
Vakari Canyoncarver, Elder Shaman Orc, has died surrounded by her kin and trusted friends, such as Broadaxe and those who still remained in the Bloodsworn Honorguard.
Hamli Beerforge, Dwarven mountaineer and exploring old coot, has permanently retired from traveling in a shack with his wife and aspiring children.
Viola Clementine, Rigorous adventure-seeker and cave spelunker, has been reported missing in the jungles of Stranglethorn.
Count Julaveran Coronoris, Forsaken mage and dust-thrower, has withdrawn into the woods of Duskwood to attempt to understand magic without life or die trying.
Iverness Morocco, Romantic hired hand, has withdrawn her own life in the transcendence of her love for another.
Luther Post, Forsaken clock maker, has died in his workshop, crushed by a large clock gear.

And last but not least,
Anski Solarclaw has vanished in the dead of night into the woods, armed with only her blades, robes and sandals.

I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone. All populated guilds I run have or will be transferred to those I feel best suited to carry them on if they so are inclined.

If you have anything to say over this, feel free, but my heart is set and cast in steel and blood, and the purging will begin as soon as this post has been posted.
What's gonna happen to the Shakespeare setting? I know a lot of people still did stuff with that... myself included.
The guild has been transferred to Cvalda, Sasail's character. It can still go on, the best projects continue without their creator.

This is actually a pretty good idea, maybe, hmm...

*ponders possibilities*
I agree with Nostra. Now I would never do what you did (I just don't have the creativity to do it XP) but I wouldn't be against the -rumored- idea of a server purge anymore.
Nice move really, Anski. I'd do the same once Cataclysm arrives.

And yeah, that mostly explains my lack of RP recently, too.

I'll start fresh along with a renewed interest (Due to the new features partly) with a Goblin Gangster Main Character, yo.