Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lyan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've always considered myself primarily a role player, and secondarily a raider. However, because of the conditions on my old server, Sisters of Elune, I found those roles reversed for several months. Eventually, out of boredom and an almost complete lack of RP, I decided to leave, though with this server, I hope to have at least a small comeback. I'm a horrifyingly shy eighteen-year-old in real life, and that sometimes shows in the way I play my characters (Such as being hesitant to approach someone, etc.), though I can often break out of this if I decide to play a more outgoing character. I also like to play the game as a game on top of RPing; more often than not, you'll find me storming through a quest zone or trying to put together an instance instead of lounging around Silvermoon all day. Other than that, there isn't much to say, save for the fact that I consider myself a decent role player who knows the lore, separates IC and OOC, will admit to making mistakes, and, though mostly mature, knows not to take herself too seriously.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the US, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into the setting itself quite a few years back, when I played the RTS games as a kid. As for WoW, at the beginning of summer, 2007, bored and with nothing better to do, I decided to see what all the fuss was about. One thing led to another, and within a year I was a healer for one of the top raiding guilds on my server. By November of 2009, burned out and bored, I left.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A friend of mine who I used to play WoW with before we quit linked the site to me. I was a bit wary of getting back into the game, but when I saw the rules and FAQ, I was convinced. I've always been a very strict role player, and the fact that so many other players on the official servers like to run around as vampires, half-demons, the concubines of the Lich King and the like drove me away from the public RP scene. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the lore haven I've always wished for on this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love adventure role playing above everything. While sitting around talking about IC issues can be entertaining, I'd prefer to be out, rolling with a group of comrades, taking on the next enemy. This doesn't necessarily mean that you'll never find me RPwalking around cities, chatting at mailboxes or sitting around a tavern telling tales of my exploits, though. I generally take what I can get when it comes to RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race-wise, I've always been fond of the Forsaken. Not only do I love their animations and models, but their lore is, by far, my favourite. As for classes, I have to say that paladins are my number one. However, that's mostly because I used to play a holy/prot belfadin as my main.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping for decent RP, at least a semi-intelligent community, adherence to the lore, players that can understand that I'm playing my character and not trying to personally attack them, characters that aren't Arthas' cousin's roommates who can destroy the universe with a foul glare.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "Role-playing" section on the Rules page. Grakor's quote pretty much made me fall in love on the spot. As I've said above, I'm very adamant about RPing within the lore, and that pretty much summed up everything that I had been searching for when it comes to Warcraft RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I intend to fill this out eventually, but not at the moment.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing at this time.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I see you have already familiarized yourself with our FAQs and Rules, but if you haven't had the time to yet, please check out our Wiki and the stickies found all around the server.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy