Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MellasFenixxes`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Let's see... where to start? I'm a twenty year old girl, who fell in love with RP at the beginning of 2009. That was when I discovered PlaneShift. I was hooked! Normally I wouldn't game, actually, I bought a mac to be a productive artist. But... alas, I couldn't resist. Since I started gaming I've gained interest in becoming a game designer. Currently I have a job as a graphic designer, 32 hours each week and a study to effectively increase my drawing skills. So when I have enough money... Art Academy here I come!! :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the Netherlands, so my primary language is Dutch. Though I have a lot to learn, my english is fluent and my previous RP has taught me many new words to use when describing various actions. I also speak Papiamentu and some Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
One of my friends showed it to me. PlaneShift doesn't have the graphics, and contains many bugs. It's still in development after all. Also, having a mac limits my choice of games, so after seeing it I just had to find an RP server and enjoy the atmosphere of WoW. :)

What made you seek our server over others?:
I tried Millenium first, but all characters started at 80. There was nothing to fight, no quests to do. I like for my character to grow... it felt very unnatural to travel past all these high level, evil creatures without anything happening. Besides, if I RP a kill, I'd like to add the effect of actually showing it's dead. Call it a mixture of RP/PLing. I believe they enhance each other and make your characters life all the more real. P.E. "I have a few more errands to run." or "My mother showed me how to ride a mount, but since she died... well.. I never looked into it again. Do you know a trainer?" and after my character learned the skill... they can proudly tell of their newfound skills at the inn.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
http://fenixxes.weebly.com/

This is my website with a bunch of old RP's from PlaneShift.
It contains anything from spritual discussions and a relaxing drink of nolthrir whiskey at the bar, to RP fights and spying. I like most kinds of RP, as long it creates something for my character. From new friends to enemies. Precious memories, etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
No doubt all races and classes have their style! Each race can be used to create a fascinating character, from baddie to goodie, and even in between. In PlaneShift I played a female nolthrir, she was a goodie who fell in love with a baddie. The fun part was, in her naivety she didn't realize he was evil. So he dragged her down with him, to the very bowels of darkness. Slowly realization dawned on her, but what could she do? It created, for me, a very unique experience which I'm very thankful for. To be safe I'll start out with humans or elves, simply because they're a tad easier to RP because they're like us. No fur, or hooves to keep in mind. I have to experience the world first, until I know more. That also includes the style of the players here, I like to adapt myself. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
A great way to explore World of Warcraft. I'm relatively new to this game, but I'm a fast learner and will not say anything without reason. From what I've seen so far WoW has the capability to create some real immersive gameplay. I expect the people to be kind and helpful to aid me along my journey to learn more. Not to mention filling in this form only makes me feel better and better about the community that has been accepted. They must be serious about what they do, and that's ideal!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect at all times. Even if you play a bad character, stay respectful OOC. IC'ly I'll accept nearly anything, just go with the flow. Though I really do dislike OOC interruptions in main, or smilies. Bless the brackets!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(15:04:14) Mellas sighs, realizing she arrived too late. There are blood splatters on the floor of the tower.
(15:05:12) Mellas looks around for a sign of life, partially relieved that whomever was here, either got away safely, or took a trip to Dakkru's realm.
(15:05:15) Shangshi smiles awkwardly but pleased to have found Mellas "Uh....Mellas.."
(15:07:28) Mellas turns around, giving the elf a small nod. 'Greetings, Shangshi. You look a bit... agitated,' she mentions as she looks him over. 'Do you know what happened here?'
(15:09:43) Shangshi takes the note out of his pocket and unfolds it, playing with it he frowns a little looking round "....um, no i dont... but... this is for you" he leans towards Mellas holding the sealed note out towards her.
(15:12:04) Mellas furrows her brow as she steps forward to accept the sealed note, keeping her eyes on the dermorian at all times. 'What's this?' she asks wearily, somewhat hesitant to know the contents.
(15:13:22) >Shangshi gave Mellas a book called "Sealed Note for Mellas".
(15:14:10) Shangshi steps back after handing the note over and shrugs looking over his shoulder back down the steps "I dont now, didn't ask."
(15:15:39) Mellas spots her name written on the front of the sealed note, the ink seeming to be some kind of mix between charcoal and blood. 'Who did you get this from?!'
(15:17:09) Shangshi shakes his head quickly a few times as he turns a little towards the steps. "I don't know."
(15:18:54) Shangshi plays with his own fingers and looks down the steps again.
(15:19:19) Mellas's hold on the note tightens, obviously not satisfied with Shangshi's evasive answers. With a few swift steps backwards, she finally tears the note open and reads the message.
(15:22:29) Mellas's face becomes a pale kind of azure, but she manages to keep her cool as she looks up at Shangshi. 'Mind me asking what you *do* know?' she asks, an icy edge to her voice.
(15:22:31) Shangshi scratches the side of head as he watches Mellas, just seeming to want to leave after delivering the note..
(15:27:01) Shangshi rubs his left cheek, seeming to need to do something as he stands there."Um.. actually, yes.. I can't say.. sorry, I love her too much to risk. Have to go." and turns running down the steps
(15:28:33) Mellas folds the small message once again, before tearing it into tiny snippets. They float downwards to the blood splattered floor slowly, like a lazy yawn before going to sleep. It does't take long before they lie still, silent, dead.
(15:28:59) Mellas says: 'I'll be there.'

- Taken from RP "The Guilt of Jacula" on PlaneShift.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at the moment, no. When I've created my first character I'll post the description in the forum. :)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to read through our Wiki, Stickies and FAQs as they hold valuable information that will help you truck along while playing on the server.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy
Welcome to CoTH Mellas! There will be plenty of familiar faces here, and there are others that you'll get to know and love(I hope). :mrgreen:

Edit: I don't look at dates. XD Oh well, I still welcomed Mellas.
Just a wee bit of a bump, that was. ;)

(Posted via my phone)