Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Eventide`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Stephanie, and I'm currently a college sophomore studying English Literature. I really don't know what I want to do with this degree, but I enjoy reading, writing and psychology, which this major provides along with awesome flexibility. Therefore, as a roleplayer I have extremely, extremely high standards for myself--diction, syntax, characterization... you name it. But luckily I'm a laid back person, so I can roleplay with pretty much anyone as long as they're having as much fun as I am. I'm also very open-minded and flexible, so my characters have many different personalities and backgrounds and delve into many different situations and settings. I've been roleplaying on and off for around... 8 years.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I first got into Warcraft by playing the free trial, since I was curious about it and wanted to see if it lived up to everyone's hype. I always love trying out different mmorpgs, and I'm always on the search to find one I'll really like and stick with. I found that out of all the mmorpgs I've tried, World of Warcraft is the most fun and satisfying.

What made you seek our server over others?:
After my free trial ran out, I decided I wanted to keep playing. However, I realized that leveling up and collecting all the best armor or loot or etc. wasn't that important to me--it's the character creation and the journey, exploration and story that inspires and motivates me to continue playing. When I found this server that focuses on the roleplaying aspect of WoW, I knew it would be perfect for my playstyle. Plus, you guys seem like an active and friendly server, and that's important to me, since I'm planning on staying here for a long while. :]

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It all depends on my mood and my character, but mostly my character. As mentioned before, I'm a really flexible roleplayer, so I enjoy roleplaying in all kinds of situations--whether it be a quiet chat with another character or a full on brawl with three. The majority of the time I like having my character interact with only one or two characters at a time, since I'm more interested in developing relationships than fighting and action.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd have to say elven hunters and human warriors are my favorite classes/races. Hunters because they seem more in touch with nature, and warriors because, for me, they seem like the most courageous and upfront class. I've never been a big fan of magical classes for some reason, maybe because it seems too easy and unfair when you're just stepping away and blasting huge fireballs at everything. I love the underdog status of humans and the mysticality of elves.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'd like to join this server because it seems like an active, friendly place where I can develop my character and be with others who share the same love of roleplaying. So yeah, those are basically my expectations, and I don't think they'll be let down anytime soon from what I've seen on this site so far. :]

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "tolerance" rule definitely appeals to me the most. I think it's important that everyone remain as open-minded and respectful to any differences they encounter as possible. It just gives the place a much more positive, comfortable, community feel.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Eh, here's something I've written a while back, but I think it shows my style of writing pretty well. I definitely won't be roleplaying anything this modern here though, lol. I haven't finished it, so it ends kind of abruptly.)

“Level D, I repeat, report to base immediately. You are under violation C-5. Level D, I repeat…”

The earpiece buzzed on for a few more seconds, repeating itself, and then the generic friendly woman's voice slowly faded away. Strat heard it, had heard it the first eight times, actually, but there were better matters to attend to. Dangerous matters. The matter smiled at him.

“Ah, is that the sweet voice of Central, come to collect another of its babies?”

Strat pulled out the earpiece and dropped it onto the ground. “What do you want?” he asked. A trivial question compared to the mass thundering inside his head. The wind picked up in strength and he glanced down, below, where the cars steadily inched forward and clumps of people with no faces streamed on each side of the streets. No doubt, they were high up, not as high as Central, but Strat never had a love for heights.

The one before him smiled that smile again, he could feel it, could see delicate cheek-bones rise. Strat couldn't make out the features of his face, for the golden-black haze of dusk was creeping across the sky, but he could just make out the distinct silhouette of wings tucked neatly behind shoulders. “I think you know what I want,” his antagonist said, hefting a small bundle in his arms up against his shoulder.

Strat hesitated for a moment, probing his memory for a name or an incident from the news that would sound most familiar. But nothing came.

“Let me help you out,” came the voice again, this time closer…behind him. He spun around, staring at the face, the smile, the black eyes that danced quietly out of the golden haze. How had he moved so quickly, without sound, or Strat's notice? A cloud coasted off the path of the sun and a gentle light permeated the haze, lighting his antagonist's face.

“Why, you're just…”

The corners of his smile tipped down in mock sadness, and he tilted his head to the side humorously. “What? Just…young? I pray, don't judge a book by its covers. I'm far more advanced than your mind dare perceive.”

Indeed he was young. A young man, maybe no more than sixteen, with the delicate face and soft lips of an innocent. But the eyes…the eyes were something different.

“This is what I want,” the boy began, pursing his lips and watching Strat carefully, as if making sure he was paying good attention. “I want you to go back to Central, and all your little friends. I want you to tell them that ‘he has risen again'. Yes, just that. ‘He has risen again'. They will know what you mean.” The bundle in his arms began to wriggle around gently. He smiled, an angelic smile--though this brought a slight tremor to Strat's spine--and pulled the soft blanket away partly, revealing the head of a little boy, no more than four or five. Bending his head, he whispered something in the boy's ear, and the little boy smiled, and then he raised his head again. “I'll know if you don't tell them. Don't doubt that.”

He tucked the blanket around the boy's head again, spreading his wings as he did so, and for the first time Strat noticed that they were black. There was not a single fleck or flaw in them, just the great, feathery absence of color. A canvas that did not reflect, but pulled everything down. He lifted into the air and Strat watched him rise.

“Goodbye,” said the black-winged Angel, and before Strat could react, he had flown in a flurry of pillow-soft feathers and pushed Strat hard against the chest with one bare foot. The little boy peeked out from his blanket, watching with solemn black eyes. Strat's white wings rushed open as he teetered on the edge of the roof, flapped once, twice, and then a searing hot pain all along his spine, and the wail of air in his ears, the wail of people, and sirens, and…

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, everything is pretty well explained in the Wiki and forums. :]
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to read through our Wiki, Stickies and FAQs as they hold valuable information that will help you truck along while playing on the server.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy