Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Houses, hovels, tents and their ownership.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do CotH have some sort of rule when it comes to the 'claimage' of property?

Firstly can one do that?
Secondly to who would one do that then? Players with that office or GMs?

I know that some characters in Stormwind have houses they RP in as their own, what happens if two people claim the same house and happen to be on for RP in it at the same time?
No one can really 'claim' a place as their own. But they can say it's theirs if no one's RPing there at the same moment as they are there, and when two or more people are there at the same time they gota settle it OOCly.
You can 'use' a place but not really claim it, if that makes sense. And housing is not supported by GMs, meaning that if two people claim ownership of one place, they have to work it out for themselves OOCly.
Let's see if I got this right.

I noticed a guild under the guild forums that mentioned they used Cutthroat Alley for their headquarter or something. That does not mean it is their domain alone and if a quarrel arises about the area it should be settled OOCly among the involved parties?
Unless it goes out of control, then GMs will move in to solve it for you.

But yeah, use the place, say it's your's, but don't expect GMs to support the claim, which also means others are free to use the place as well, and you have not right to tell them to go away. Of course respect should be considered, so people barging in on others' RP without cause will be punished just as any RP crasher would, generally the idea is used that a specific area, say Cut-throat alley, is really another shady alley when used by one group, and another when used by a second group.
Oh, then I got it right, thanks for clarifying this for me.

When thinking of Cutthroat Alley I came to realize that a quarrel about such an area can be handled quite fun ICly aswell.
Quote:When thinking of Cutthroat Alley I came to realize that a quarrel about such an area can be handled quite fun ICly aswell.

Hehehe, it certainly could! Gang wars, corruption and backstabbing is way more fun than any OOC solution I can come up with.
Crips vs. Bloods, IC style? Sounds good to me!

Hmm, this sounds like a hint to somebody aspiring to make an event!