Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dutchia`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Male, 19 year old, still studying at the moment. Not much more to say really, I'm not good at these introductions.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Holland, please, save me the Amsterdam references. Although I might say I'm raised with proper English. Great memories playing games with a dictionary on my lap. Grammar and spelling might go awry from time to time, any assistance in this would be helpful.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I can still remember how my brothers friend was a big Warcraft fan, he got my brother into it and in the end I got hooked. Honestly, I have always loved these large scale stories, epics for gamers. Battle.net even was what got me into Role playing.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It sounded interesting, I mean, the rules are decent and just. Most important of all it seems to attract decent folks, what more may I honestly wish for in a roleplay community?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As long as it piques my interest, I'm in for it. Rather easy with that as long as my character fits in correctly. Seeing these rules, the main problem, people stopping you from doing your thing shouldn't be that much to worry about.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Tough question, I love to play what others wont really, knock down clichés etcetera. Seeing my style, a Human Paladin or Warlock would be interesting, yet that's a matter after I'm accepted and sit down to see for myself what would work. Got this feeling a human priest might be interesting too.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just some good action with good players, rules sound good and from what I know of WoW it should indeed be a good medium for interesting roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Personally, I just love how they fall together so nicely, no real gaps, yet no real overlapping either. No big main rule that I like though.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Fair enough, ladies, gentleman. Please, take a seat, perhaps a drink, and listen to the tale I'll tell.

Perhaps this is a story from an era long before, and perhaps you might have heard it differently. This, my dear friends, is an epic, who knows what truly happened, unless those who where there?

Long ago, in a small village a man prepared for the hunt, along with his friends they'd slay the great wolf that was threatening the harvest! Armed with bows, staffs and swords they gathered at the village gate, only some had armor, and that was just peasants grade. Not knowing what they'd go into, they entered the forest.

The ones in the front where two veterans, or that's what they said at least. Amongst them they where the only ones with actual swords. Of course, they where also the fools who set up the hunt in the first place. Behind them was an army of farm boys and brave villagers, around twenty of them.

"We'll be tackling ourselves some real prey here, lads." The first one mentioned, the other one just smirked at the command. Soon the moon shone on their rugged faces, they where completely in their element.

Suddenly the monster jumped from the side, taking down one of the archers. "Assist the rears! One of them yelled" running to save the boy, yet it was already to late. Standing eye in eye with the large wolf, he was paralyzed, not knowing how he could slay such a creature. Enraged the creature struck his face, nobody would recognize that one anymore. Frenzied the other one stabbed it from behind, enraging the beast even more, it snapped its jaw towards the man, missing. In utter disbelief and fear most ran, or charged on the beast. Most of the last group where mauled and greatly injured, others did not survive. Thus only five of them remained at the field. One of them was an experienced hunter, the second veteran, and three youths with sticks. The hunter kept it occupied while on of the boys rushed for the death mans sword. Jumping towards it he fell in front of the sword, but the beast was about to jump on his back. The second veteran saved his life, he was blown away by the beast during his attack, but recovered in time. With all his strength he pushed the beast away while it was in mid-air. Again it rushed towards him, aiming for his throat.

Then, the boy became a man, a warrior, he took up the sword and with all his might he thrust it into the creatures throat. It gurgled blood and collapsed. Confused at first the new born man checked the creature, seeing how it was now dead.

Relieved, he collapsed. Some say afterwards the three heroes of the day gathered here in this tavern, perhaps even around this table! They formed the brigade that helped this little farming community a great trading port! Of course, it's all rumors, but it's quite a heroic story, no? A drink for heroes! Hurray!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I guess this covers it really, hope I didn't made any big mistakes there...
Welcome--to Conquest of the Horde!

Ah, Holland. A wonderful place!
I am Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on the server! If you have any more questions that are not already answered on the Wiki feel free to PM myself or another GM! We are here to help!

See you in-game!