Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Slave RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, here's what happened.
Jendrax went for a walk in Ratchet and went to the arena. Then some chaos happened... rockets, fire, explosions... so the Bruisers started checking everyone in a very rude way. Jendrax got angry at them and took a fight with them... he didn't actually mean it, but it happened. Anyway, now his reputation with Ratchet is totally Hostile after they threw him out.

So, I want to get his rep back to Neutral and I thought how could he repay his debt to Ratchet. Many ideas went through my mind, until I finally found one that I think would fit. If he becomes a slave, gets all of his gear and stuff taken, his money get taken, his Kodo get taken... basically, get everything he has taken and become a slave, would this repay his debt? This would also give some good opportunities for new RPs. Because so far, I haven't seen anyone become a slave. At some point someone may buy Jendrax. But the idea is...

If he becomes a slave, lives in a cell, has nothing, eats once a day and sees day light only on the Arena, would this get his reputation with Ratchet back to Neutral and is this RP possible in any way?

Thank you, I know it's a long read.
Slaves are basically the lowest of the low. In my opinion, this would just give the Goblins a lacky to order around for the rest of his life.

Just my opinion.
pletious Wrote:Slaves are basically the lowest of the low. In my opinion, this would just give the Goblins a lacky to order around for the rest of his life.

Just my opinion.
Well, this is something I thought about... actually the idea is to be bought by someone at some point. Until then, just sit tight and follow the Goblins' orders... :)
You should contact Rensin, he was a slave about a month ago.
if your orc turns into a slave one of my characters might buy the little fellah *shrug*
Why would an Orc willingly become a slave just to restore his reputation? Orc's are really honor-bound and slaves don't really have much honor.

I'd say the average Orc would say: Screw the little greenies I'm going somewhere else.
Knock Wrote:You should contact Rensin, he was a slave about a month ago.
I guess I can just wait for him to see it, can't I? :P

Drak Wrote:if your orc turns into a slave one of my characters might buy the little fellah *shrug*
Thanks... but let's see if he's becoming a slave in the first place. :)

Arrillion Wrote:Why would an Orc willingly become a slave just to restore his reputation? Orc's are really honor-bound and slaves don't really have much honor.

I'd say the average Orc would say: Screw the little greenies I'm going somewhere else.
Actually Jendrax is going through some strange times for him. He met the first Alliance he liked, started thinking what's the point in many things... he's kinda depressed right now, so strange behavior would be absolutely normal for him... :roll:
Ask a GM if your rep can get put to neutral and in exchange you become a slave. It's not something I would ever do, or even a lot of people, but I guess you could do it. I think the most likely way for it to happen would be your Orc walking into Ratchet with the Bruisers knowing about him, and they tie you up and slave you. A warning, though: Every Slave RP I've participated in (Like alot, considering I've got some Cartel characters) usually goes down the drain due to the Master not being there for the Slave or the Slave not being there for the Master. It's a very fickle RP relationship.
Touchseed Wrote:Ask a GM if your rep can get put to neutral and in exchange you become a slave. It's not something I would ever do, or even a lot of people, but I guess you could do it.
Actually, this is the idea... I am slave, until someone buys me and then (hopefully) set me free. LOL

Touchseed Wrote:I think the most likely way for it to happen would be your Orc walking into Ratchet with the Bruisers knowing about him, and they tie you up and slave you. A warning, though: Every Slave RP I've participated in (Like alot, considering I've got some Cartel characters) usually goes down the drain due to the Master not being there for the Slave or the Slave not being there for the Master. It's a very fickle RP relationship.
Well, I am online through the whole day on weekends and through half of it on weekdays, so I will probably be there quite some time. Also Jendrax is my second priority character, so I doubt I'll just let him be. :)
Being a slave means just that: You have -no- rights, no ways to make money, and no means to climb the scales in any sort of society. Slavery means that you are considered property, and that your life is only seen as being some sort of profit for the person that owns you. Sometimes, they make you fight in the arena. Sometimes, they make you work till you want to die.

If you want to make money, the best way would be to become a servant. However, with you pulling the stunts that you had, almost noone would take you as one, and you'd most likely be forced into Slavery.

It's -difficult- to get out of too, Sin only made his way out twice by once tricking his Troll owner, by stealing from her, and the second time by being pronounced dead in the Arena.
Actually, I am ready to put Jendrax through everything in order to get his reputation with Ratchet back to Neutral. I am aware that being a slave means having nothing and being property, but that's okay with me. It will also be fun RP to do, since it will be different from the show-off characters I actually play (Jendrax currently is a show-off too, but slavery will change him, no matter does he like it or not).

So, basically, I have no problem with making Jendrax a slave. LOL

EDIT: The problem is if it's possible and who would RP a master if he's slave in service of Ratchet? :?
But again, any and all Reputation is negate. Money and whatever else he gets, even accomplishments would be recognized to his master... not him.
Rensin Wrote:But again, any and all Reputation is negate. Money and whatever else he gets, even accomplishments would be recognized to his master... not him.
So, even if he becomes a slave of the Ratchet goblins, his reputation with Ratchet will not be back to Neutral? I mean... if I become a slave to a player, I understand that this couldn't change anything. But the idea is the ones who rule Ratchet (I guess that would the the Cartel?) to be his master... :?
Look at it this way. He's property. A living item. How can he gain reputation if he's owned?
What about Rensin? Didn't he free himself with his mad fite skilz?
Pages: 1 2