Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tigra`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi everyone! My name is Karen, but I'd prefer to be called Tigra here.

I love to RP, and I've been doing it since I can remember. I prefer live action, face-to-face roleplay than compared to forum. Each of my WoW characters have their own different personalities, personas and mind-frames - I'm the type of person who has a lot of characters, rather than just concentrating on one. But I do have a 'main' so to speak, more about him later.

In retail, I really love doing achievements, old school raids and instance, as well as roleplaying (That's why I'm here) - Anything that will enrich my playing experience. I love talking to new people, and I really enjoy the contrast between OOC and IC that some people have.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
England, and my main language is English. I can speak little bits of other things too, but not much.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, it all happened about 3 years ago when I was watching a YouTube video called 'WoW - Hardware store'. I hadn't a clue what these weird creatures were (I now know them to be Tauren and Troll) and wanted to learn more. I started playing with a trial account, as I'm sure everyone does, and by level 17 I was hooked. I gradually weaned my friends, and even their parents into playing the game with me - They love it, but I realise that I gave Blizzard quite a lot of money when I started to join because of them. :P

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, I typed in what I was looking for on google, 'WoW private roleplay server' and you guys came first! I clicked around, was very impressed by the general tidiness of the website and the politeness of people in the forums, so I decided that this was the server for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love roleplay with a calm atmosphere, and in a small group, or in pairs. I'm not that keen on roleplay with big groups (10 or more) because I feel that either me, or someone else, is being left out of conversations. You'll find the character that I roleplay with the most to be very quirkly, chilled and slightly sarcastic. He's a male troll witch doctor named Meril'jin, and earned his rank through decades of hard potion tinkering and healing magic.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Trolls! Any class of troll, or if it's another race, then hunters. Trolls caught my attention when I was getting into Warcraft - I was attracted to the gait, the accent, the laid-back attitude. Oh, and the dances, can't forget the dances. I dressed up as my she-troll rogue to attend the World Wide Invitational at Paris a few years back, and my love for them has blossomed ever since.

Hunters, well, I love their attitude towards their companions, and nature. Not too hippy-ish, but just right. I love the feeling of playing a hunter, I can really relate to their love of their companion, as I am close to my pet in real life. A hunter without their friend for life isn't a hunter at all.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting to find a lot of people to roleplay with, and a handful of people that I'll have a real bond with as well as just roleplay. I'd really like to give to the server too - My experience and knowledge of lore and roleplay is quite wide, and I'm sure that I'll fit in here. :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The part about the keyboard skills. It irritates me when someone is roleplaying with me, and they use 'leetspeak'. There's a time and a place for that. I'm really glad you guys have that rule, though.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is the beginning of the story that I'm writing about my troll, it's going to be a sort of biography. -

He was born. Crying softly in his mother's warm embrace, the tiny troll clutched his hands to his chest, unaware of what had happened. Missing the warmth of his mother's womb, the infant bawled louder. His mother gently reassured the newborn, cooing softly to him in her native language. She wasn't in the most comfortable of positions, either. After all, she had given birth to this child only minutes ago. Two onlookers watched the young female cradling her newborn. This was the usual thing for forest trolls to do; Give birth surrounded by well-wishers and family. But these trolls were neither well-wishers nor family. They had been instructed to make sure that the newborn was strong, showed no obvious birth defects and had no apparent illnesses. Hastily, the larger of the trolls picked the newborn up by his neck and examined him, while his mother looked up rather nervously. He confirmed that the child was a healthy looking male with a signal of his hand. The other troll nodded and left the room rather hurriedly.
“Ya should be glad that he seems ta be fit” Sneered the remaining troll, dropping the baby into his mother's lap. “If he were missin' but one finger, I'd be giving him to the bears now.” He said no more and left the room, leaving the mother to examine her baby properly. He had soft green skin, with tiny tufts of green hair sprouting from his head. He opened his eyes for a second, half squinting at the light, revealing their colour to be deep crimson. The baby looked no different from a forest troll baby to his mother, but she knew that he was not. And unfortunately, so did everyone else in the village. He was a half blood. An unholy mixture of forest troll and jungle troll – A union that should never have happened. The young mother bowed her head and prayed to the gods that the villagers would take to him kindly, even though she knew her pleas would be ignored. No matter how much she prayed, it would not change the hearts and minds of those who she had to live with. She was already a traitor to her people for having a union with a jungle troll male all those months ago. And there was the seed of that union, in her arms. She wept silently for her child, as any loving mother would. Her last wish would be to see him grow up in an environment that sees him as nothing, an environment that would rather feed their animals than spare a scrap of bread for her boy. But this is the reality he would live in from now on. In her heart, she knew she had to come to terms with this. -

I really hope you guys like this. There's a whole lot more, but I didn't want to fill the screen too much. xD

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yea, I'm not the fastest typist in the world due to a stroke I suffered when I was 9, but I'll always replay to anything anyone says either IC or OCC in full. It just might take me a bit more time than it takes someone else. :)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay, and find our roleplay entertaining, fun, and awesome! If you haven't read our Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Policies/Rules, I would encourage you to do so now.

Hope to see you in game!

<333

Cressy
Hi Cressy,

Hope to see you too! Pretty sure I'll be online later. :)

x