Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Seriously?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't believe I'm having to make a post about this, but it's happening quite a lot recently so I feel it should be addressed.

When you say "Oh but I got it approved by another GM!" when we question some strange or overpowered concept of yours... it doesn't take much effort to ask that GM about what happened. And when they say no, you just look like a fool, and it just makes us frustrated that people have stooped to that level just to get some 'l33t' buff or whatever.

Seriously, guys. Quit it.
Oh man, if I had a dollar every time this happens. Hawk is right, it is frustrating. We -know- we make mistakes, since it's human nature. So when people say "but but, so and so said it's okay"... it's almost like you are hoping we will negate talking with that GM completely because of it.

Look at it this way... if I were to suddenly say "It's okay for people to be any class of any race", you guys would bat your eyes and say "...What?" and another GM would probably talk to me to see -why- I said it, or if it was taken out of context. Not all examples are this drastic, but really it's -very- much like what is happening, and has happened for a while.
That must be quite frustrating, it wouldn't be too hard to ask two or even three GMs if it is okay to do something. If three say yes then it's most likely fine until another says no. If even one of GM on all of CotH says 'No you can't do that' then that means you can't do that, there's no buts, there's no maybes there is just no.

Well, at least this is what I think. Don't hurt me!
Bounty-Hunter Wrote:That must be quite frustrating, it wouldn't be too hard to ask two or even three GMs if it is okay to do something. If three say yes then it's most likely fine until another says no. If even one of GM on all of CotH says 'No you can't do that' then that means you can't do that, there's no buts, there's no maybes there is just no.

Well, at least this is what I think. Don't hurt me!

I actually agree here.

I've been in a couple events in which someone has asked if they can pull some god-like maneuver (I will not say names). I myself do not think it should have been allowed, and luckily, the DMs didn't think so either.

Please, this is a major issue -- if the GMs say no, or you know it is too far-fetched to even try it, don't do it. You will earn a very bad name for yourself if you stoop to that level, as Hawk has stated.
If something happens. It happens for a reason.
Very few instances were we can make the reason and expect the world to agree.

Very few moments where one can do something crazy and get away with it.

Very few days we go without a dumb moment from any of us. Myself included, I will not act any better than the next newbie.

We have our moments. But seriously, we need to take a moment and think sometimes. Yet again, myself included.

So, hopefully this is good chew and great message Hawk, as to you Rensin.
So my idea to turn Rofupi into a 50 foot tall Mecha Deathknight Dragonkin isn't going to fly now, huh?
Krent Wrote:So my idea to turn Rofupi into a 50 foot tall Mecha Deathknight Dragonkin isn't going to fly now, huh?

I thought Dragonkin had wings. So yes, technically he could fly.

Huur, but that aside, I'm glad some of you take this in stride.
Well, this just sounds more like a lapse of judgment than anything. Use common sense -- and if you can't trust your own judgment, ask someone else who you know will be brutally honest. If a lot of people are reacting like you just suddenly grew wings, I'm pretty sure that would mean that you made the wrong choice.

A lot of these decisions probably don't need staff approval.
Jus remember, kiddies... Lying gets you nowhere. Short and sweet.
Monolith Wrote:Jus remember, kiddies... Lying gets you nowhere. Short and sweet.

Lying is a great way to achieve things! ... It just doesn't work on CotH.
Azheron Wrote:
Monolith Wrote:Jus remember, kiddies... Lying gets you nowhere. Short and sweet.

Lying is a great way to achieve things! ... It just doesn't work on CotH.

/nods in agreement.
It would be best if the person takes a screenshot of the conversation with the game master (just in case he isn't lying). Then just PM it to the game master doubting you. If what ever your doing is still not accepted then either get a 3rd GM and ask them kindly to debate on the topic or just give up completely.

If you somehow lost the screenshots (like I did with my convo with Hawk about the echo tiger cubs turning into mounts after 4 months.) Then just make sure you post something about it if it wasn't already posted (my post about them is in the general discussion forum on the Nov 24, 2009 titled "Quest item"). Lastly talk again to that GM before you start with whatever (on the 24th of March as agreed I'll talk again to Hawk to ask him if it's still accepted). If the GM changed their minds then it would be best to drop it, instead of causing drama.

Lying is one thing, proving yourself is another.
This is a case by case instance, wolf. You make it personal, it seems, and when it's aired out in that sort of way it tends to impede what you want rather than help out.

We are here to help you guys, but as we've said when people don't listen to us it's frustrating. We aren't always right, but sometimes... we are.
Rensin Wrote:We aren't always right, but sometimes... we are.

WHAT!? Unpossible!

I'm kidding.
To clarify, what I'm saying is that when it comes to "screenshotting" GMs, it's rather pointless. We don't doubt people when they say we've said something, but whether or not it's relevant is another matter. We don't "lie" to people, but sometimes, we are wrong. When that happens, no ammount of screenshots of whoever saying "Oh yeah, Arthas totally killed Illidian" will not make it any more correct.
Pages: 1 2