Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: What we need ICly to be a Death Knight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey i was wondering something about the death knights,do we need to have an character ICly that will reborn as a death knight as its says in the intro video of the death knights.
How does ICly your character may reborn as a death knight,the death knights cannot turn you into one it must be the Lich King...
So in my case i would like my character (Seizael) to be turned into a Death Knight and i wonder if its possible and is there thigns to do OOC before!

Thank you! :D
I think that the only requirement needed -- IC or OOC -- is a level 55 character, as is the norm on retail servers.

However achieving level 55 on this server is very different. The level cap without approval is a mere 50. In order to surpass that, you have to be a Grunt. A Grunt is a person who has:
While I haven't seen it listed any where, I've also gotten the feeling from other people that you also have to have tacit approval from the community. If you're someone who has been an extremely poor roleplayer and has flagrantly broken rules regarding play, you won't be approved.

Check out the wiki for the article regarding rolling a death knight. Also, from the wiki, death knights and their character profile approval appear to be different because they are considered Special Characters. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but these characters appear to be under more scrutiny than others.
OOCly, you have to become a Grunt first, because otherwise, you aren't allowed to level your chars above level 50. Therefore, Peons can't have DKs. About making a character DK, I don't think you need to turn an existing character into DK... and about IC, I don't know much about DKs, so some of the guys who are better with their lore will probably give you some tips. There is a DK guide around the forum though. Articles and Guides forum. Look around it and see what you can find there. :)

I hate when people write faster than me... LOL
Although, Piroska missed one thing. It's not enough just to fill the questionnaire, it gotta get approved to. :P
I am the awesome typist! Fear my prowess!

That said, thanks for the clarification, Dastmo. I haven't gone through the Gruntship process myself yet (I've yet to submit a profile and I still have two weeks to go), but I have been doing a lot of reading. A bunch of us will be eligible within the next couple of weeks, so any information that we get is helpful!
No, characters that exist already are not allowed to become Death Knights. If you want a Death Knight, after getting gruntship, you can make one, and you need to have it be a character that wasn't previously made.

So to sum up, in case I wrote that confusing.. I do that. ._.

'Live'/previously created characters cannot be risen as Death Knights.
I actually kinda disagree with that.

It seems like a nice way to progress a character.
Maelstrom Wrote:I actually kinda disagree with that.

It seems like a nice way to progress a character.

I don't think there really is a good/proper/legit IC way to do that. Considering... a raised Death Knight would have to be freed from the Lich King. But erm, I dunno.
Piken Wrote:No, characters that exist already are not allowed to become Death Knights. If you want a Death Knight, after getting gruntship, you can make one, and you need to have it be a character that wasn't previously made.

Actually, Walluce did that. :|
Piken Wrote:No, characters that exist already are not allowed to become Death Knights. If you want a Death Knight, after getting gruntship, you can make one, and you need to have it be a character that wasn't previously made.

Living Deathknights are fine, but there can't be ones that aren't third Gen, meaning released from the Lich King's will at battle of Light's Hope, or whatever it was called.

Edit: The reason we only allow third Gen DK's right now, is because of one very simple fact. There isn't any existing lore about any other DK's being made and released from the Lich King's will to date, but there is more than enough information about the third Gens. So, there you have it.
I meant it as people who had a character before then it died and was turned into a DK. I was always under the impression that that wasn't allowed. <Shrug>
Piken Wrote:I meant it as people who had a character before then it died and was turned into a DK. I was always under the impression that that wasn't allowed. <Shrug>

That isn't. They wouldn't be a third Generation then, since that battle happened before we restarted.
Rensin Wrote:
Piken Wrote:I meant it as people who had a character before then it died and was turned into a DK. I was always under the impression that that wasn't allowed. <Shrug>

That isn't. They wouldn't be a third Generation then, since that battle happened before we restarted.

As was previously stated, Walluce did that. Walluce the living Dwarf died in a battle against the Blackwolves a while back. Now he is a Death Knight? If that is not allowed how did he do it?
Torn Wrote:
Rensin Wrote:

As was previously stated, Walluce did that. Walluce the living Dwarf died in a battle against the Blackwolves a while back. Now he is a Death Knight? If that is not allowed how did he do it?

It might have been a Retcon. I'll also point at Hawk's "Seriously?" thread, for a complete answer to that. We are GMs, we are human, and we do make mistakes.
I remember reading somewhere that the Ebon Blade are finding soldiers on the battle field, and slowly creating more and more death knights to bolster their forces. I'll try and find a definite source, but in the mean time... I assume that's a no no even so?
beltharean Wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the Ebon Blade are finding soldiers on the battle field, and slowly creating more and more death knights to bolster their forces. I'll try and find a definite source, but in the mean time... I assume that's a no no even so?

Yep. If you find the source, I'll hop on the bandwagon and say it's okay, but I've yet to see anything saying that there are any DKs beyond 3rd Gen.
Pages: 1 2