Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: bigdead1`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I love stories. Telling them, reading them, and especially writing them. Warcraft happens to have a great story that isn't so traditional and, in my opinion, actually has quite a few unique ideas that make it stand out from the rest.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised here in America with English as my primary language. I began to use proper spelling and grammar on the internet probably because I began to use the computer to type up my stories as opposed to writing them out by hand.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Whups! I forgot to answer this question. Hehe, silly me! Well, my cousin actually brought over Reign of Chaos around the time of it's release when I was younger, and I was enthralled by the fictional units and the like. When I finally got my own copy, I was blown away. The story was amazing, and I enjoyed playing through the campaign simply to find out what happens next!

Come The Frozen Throne, I began to roleplay on various "roleplaying" maps. I started it out simply, making very basic characters and such, but over time, and with much practice, I began making more and more complicated and unique characters that really stood out. Oh, and I also started using proper grammar and spelling!

The universe of Warcraft itself is probably what really drew me in, because, as I said before, I think it is amazing, and really enjoy it. I happen to own a few Warcraft graphic novels, and I'm hoping to get some more sometime.

What made you seek our server over others?:
4chan did, actually. Someone made a thread about roleplaying on World of Warcraft (specifically on this server), and it piqued my interest. Well, that, and I've never actually heard of any other roleplaying servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds! Telling a story to a weary group of adventurers in a tavern is as exciting to me as fighting the denizens of evil! And roleplaying in crowds for me (atleast, on Warcraft III) was, when done right, the most fun and enjoyable.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the Humans. I used them the most on Warcraft III and I still do so today on World of Warcraft. My favorite class, on the other hand, is Death Knight, simply because the opening questline (which I have yet to experience myself) is so story-driven and COOL.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To roleplay with other people who actually have the desire and drive to roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule that requires everyone to use proper grammar and spelling. It bothers me when I roleplay with people who do not type properly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He approached the large house, and paused. He did not know why he had strayed from the rest of the Scourge forces, or what compelled him to come. He just did.

He felt like he recognized something. The house seemed oddly... familiar to him. Suddenly, he saw two little girls playing in the front yard. They smiled and waved at him.

"Papa!" they cried with a giggle. "Come and play with us..."

He shook his head, and the children disappeared.

"Did I really just see... no, my mind was just playing... tricks on me." Yet despite what he said, he did not feel so sure.

He made his way to the front door. He turned the knob and opened it. Inside, he saw a beautiful woman. A woman he thought he knew from somewhere before... She smiled at him and said "My dear husband! I am so glad to see you!" but then, she too, disappeared.

He paused again. "Why do I keep seeing these... aberrations? Have I possibly... been here before?" He shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk through the house.

On his left, he saw a bedroom with two cots. Inside, he saw the same woman, tucking-in the two girls he saw previously outside and kissing them goodnight. "Goodnight, Annabelle. Goodnight, Diana." Martha? Diana? The names flashed through his mind. He knew them, he realized. And just as before, they vanished.

He continued walking through the familiar house until he reached a large family room. The woman was sitting in a rocking chair before a hearth, reading a book. She heard him approach her, got up, and turned around.

"Tri-Tristan? Is it really you?" she asked, with tears forming in her eyes. 'Tristan' brought another image to his mind. This time, of a man... of himself, he realized. He had once lived here before, as Tristan, with his family.

"...Yes. I was lost for many years... I was under the influence of a powerful and evil master. He twisted me and my faith in the Holy Light into something sinister- a Death Knight."

The woman was struck with utter disbelief.

"Then why have you come here, Tristan? To sever your ties? To kill me, the woman you swore you would love and protect for all time? Your wife, Abigail?"

Again, images of her flashed through his mind. He shrugged his shoulders. "I do not know. I just... came. And I began to remember things... Things from my life before this... And I am free. I no longer feel the burden of carrying out his will."

They stood there, motionless. Then he came closer to her and embraced her.

"We must leave this place, Abigail. They are coming, I can sense them. We must be quick if we wish to escape with our lives."

"But what about our children?" she asked. "They are at school! How do we get to them?"

Tristan did not answer.

"We have to save them!"

"We cannot, Abigail. They will kill us before we even get close to our children."

"If my children will perish, then I will too," she said with tears in her eyes.

"No. Fly from here, Abigail. I will save the children."

"What if you do not return to me, Tristan? I cannot bear to lose you again..."

"Do not fear for me. I will not be stopped by the Scourge. Not so long as my children are in danger. Run, Abigail."

Abigail hurried through the back door, while Tristan left through the front. Right outside, a host of Scourge warriors stood before him. He drew his massive runeblade and prepared for battle. They would not stop him from rescuing his children...

-THE END, in traditional cliff-hanger style.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can I be quickly leveled to 55 so I can become a Death Knight? Can I even become one? It does not say whether I can or cannot in the list of "allowed races".

By the way, it took me an hour to write the story for this introduction. I hope you enjoy it!
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

To answer your question, we do not allow Peons to become DK's at this time. In order for you to roll a DK is to stick around long enough to become a grunt. Forsaken, though, are a good alternative. :P
Also, if you could please answer the third question, the rest of your intro was great but you seem to have skipped over that one.

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!
Walluce Wrote:Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I am happy to be here.

Walluce Wrote:To answer your question, we do not allow Peons to become DK's at this time. In order for you to roll a DK is to stick around long enough to become a grunt. Forsaken, though, are a good alternative. :P
A shame, I guess, but I kind of expected it. The problem with being a Forsaken, however, is that my theoretical character (as seen in my short story), and other Death Knights for that matter, aren't exactly undead. Rather, their souls are "twisted and bound to the will of the Frozen Throne", so starting out as a Forsaken only to become a living human Death Knight is a little bit... problematic, at least.

Walluce Wrote:Also, if you could please answer the third question, the rest of your intro was great but you seem to have skipped over that one.
Done. I edited my post and corrected that mistake.

Walluce Wrote:Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!
Thank you very much! I hope to see you too.