Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: CATACLYSM!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So whats up with that fo-sho? When it comes out are we updating to it? If so will that mess with alot of stuff already in play seeing how instead of just adding something else into the game it's actually changing areas we once "liked" to be in unlike what tBC and WotLK did. Im not agaisnt it or anything it just seems like a huge random leap to me. Though the new factions will be fun, I wanna be a werewolf!
I'll answer this in order of your questions.

Yes, it's awesome.
Most likely, but it won't be for a while.
Well, yeah. Things will have been destroyed, regrown, so overall...crazy stuff's gonna go down.
New factions are good. Werewolves are bleh. Call them Worgen. They won't eat you then...Well, okay, they will, but they're monsters. What do you expect?
If we do upgrade to Cataclysm, it'll most likely be a while even after it's released. It was the same deal with WotLK, heh.
To answer:

Too far ahead, don't worry about it.
Goblin Sapper Team. . .

'Nuff said.
Take screenshots of Azeroth, boys and girls, while it's still pretty. :P
Kiffles Wrote:Take screenshots of Azeroth, boys and girls, while it's still pretty. :P

It'll still be pretty, but a different kinda pretty.
Yeah. A gang of sapper goblins riding a runaway wagon through a burning wasteland is pretty beautiful imagery, imo.
Farewell Thousand Needles, my fair province. Thou art an infidel's now. Peace be with you, O' Thousand Needles- what a beautiful land you will be for the enemy hands.

Seriously, second favorite zone in the game and they're gonna flood it. :(
Cool, thanks for the anwsers! :D
Jeff Wrote:Farewell Thousand Needles, my fair province. Thou art an infidel's now. Peace be with you, O' Thousand Needles- what a beautiful land you will be for the enemy hands.

Seriously, second favorite zone in the game and they're gonna flood it. :(

You'll still be able to visit there, right?
Im interested to see thousand needles covered in forest, with alot of tauren all confused as to how its happened.
Something smells like delays in release. Months in delays, maybe even years. Delays that might make discussion about upgrade kind of really early. Too early to even be relevant?

Oh wait. That's Blizzard stinkin' this up. Yeah.
Avitz Wrote:Im interested to see thousand needles covered in forest, with alot of tauren all confused as to how its happened.
I have an acquaintance on my server who's tauren (I think he's a druid) has been going frequently to Thousand Needles to plants trees and the like to hopefully one day see it flourish. Or at least a little more green. He's been roleplaying doing this for a number of years now, if I remember correctly. The events of the Cataclysm -- particularly those in that area -- will be the fortunate culmination of his efforts.
Piroska Wrote:
Avitz Wrote:Im interested to see thousand needles covered in forest, with alot of tauren all confused as to how its happened.
I have an acquaintance on my server who's tauren (I think he's a druid) has been going frequently to Thousand Needles to plants trees and the like to hopefully one day see it flourish. Or at least a little more green. He's been roleplaying doing this for a number of years now, if I remember correctly. The events of the Cataclysm -- particularly those in that area -- will be the fortunate culmination of his efforts.
I am almost positive Blizzard said Thousand Needles is going to be a giant lake. So much for his saplings, eh? I'll try to find the quote.

Edit - "Thousand Needles: Will be flooded, with the eastern coastline accessible and the Shimmering Flats becoming a lake; [17] it will be retuned as a level 40-45 zone[18] and will host a dungeon."

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Cataclysm

While it only says Shimmering Flats will become a lake, it says the whole zone is flooded. Perhaps it will be something more akin to a marshland. Only time will tell!