Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Race/Class question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Are high elves absolutely off limits, or can you write a special application for them or something?

2) If I wanted to make a character that was a warmage, would I need to go through the process of making a prestige class, or can I just rp it out without addition of mechanics? Would more or less be a mage with a background that supports his reason for being a capable fighter. I mean...the warmage WoWRPG class doesn't really offer anything that translates mechanically into WoW that isn't already present or as something that can be roleplayed out...
According to the wiki article:

Quote:There are two other normal player-available elf races available. We know there are still High Elves, but you will not be able to convince us to allow you to have one. Period. If you are going to leave the server because you can't play a High Elf, then you have stumbled across one of the reasons we don't allow them.

I'm not sure regarding your second question. You need to be careful how you play your character. I'm pretty certain that it would be considered a prestige class, but someone with more knowledge than I can answer that. I think that balancing issues would come into play.

As appealing as being that powerful or well-rounded would be, I'd think it would be nice to play a character who has weaknesses.

And, concerning your final question, have you reached level 10?

Edit: Never you mind! You're a grunt! You've got an 80. Silly me!
Thanks Piroska for the link, hadn't seen that before.

As for balancing issues, it would be on par with a hunter in terms of how well rounded it is. Hunters are excellent at range, and capable of melee. A warmage would be the same, i'd think; Excellent at range, while capable at melee.
Warmages require a prestige class application, yeah. Otherwise everyone would be them.

Infact, if you go onto WoWWiki, you'll see Warmage is in the 'Prestige Class' category.

EDIT: And I'm not sure about the talent tree.