Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Character model changes? (2.4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, apparently there were character model changes in patch 2.4. I've been trying to compare most races, but can't really see any differences even with the comparing screenshots located in the following thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread...1&pageNo=1
If you scroll down a bit, you'll be able to see the screenshots of 'after' and 'before.'
I don't see it.. Tried looking at my different characters.. Just don't see a difference.
Unless I get out some heavy-duty measurement equipment, I don't think I'll notice a difference, and I'm fairly sensitive to proportions.
It makes me wonder how someone can not only "notice" all this, but also create an anger-filled thread about it. I mean, seriously, I can't see the difference.
The only thing that stands out to me? The Night Elf male legs. They needed fixing bad, and they got it. I do notice the female human head's changes, though not by much.
I can see the differences. They're amazingly, incredibly, ungodly subtle, but they're there. Don't know why they'd even make such small changes, really.
I'm pretty sure the models were NOT changed for looks. Blizzard said they were altered for "performance" reasons, and while I cannot guess exactly what they mean there, I imagine that any visual differences are just an unintended side-effect to that.
Perhaps for clipping problems, or cutting down what it takes to render them?
Qaza Wrote:Perhaps for clipping problems, or cutting down what it takes to render them?

That seems most logical. I don't like guessing the logic behind Blizzard's decisions, though. They have been known to do a number of illogical things for completely illogical reasons.
Such as bringing out Kil'jaedin at the Sunwell? Seriously. I would have put him in the Tomb of Sargeras trying to bring back Sargeras' coporeal form.
Actually, there are subtle differences between each of the models. Granted... Having the post and pre changes with clothes and no clothes makes it extremely difficult to spot them. She also words things a bit confusingly... The troll male shoulders stick out more, meaning that they are more RAISED in comparison to the slumping old shoulders. Stuff like that.

They're there, though, just absurdly subtle. But when you start to see the differences, you can appreciate SOME of them... More bones on the undead... ugh.