Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ailthorn`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello there, CotH. I've suppose it'd be prudent of me to say I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Small stories, poems and little things like that. I moved on to forum stories, just reading what others wrote as I developed my own ideas and takes on things. Finally I began writing my own, and it has always been my goal to be an Author. Roleplaying was always a branch from that, and so I had a passion for RP from the start, haha.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from North America, and my primary language is English. I can speak some Spanish as well as Ebonics, haha. Yeah, afro-merican. In any case, I speak a few and understand a handful more as I'll need to know more languages should I wish to pursue a career in writing.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was a few years ago, when WoW was in its "Vanilla" stage, and I was at a friend's house playing it while he was grounded. It was the greatest thing I'd never seen, and when I finally convinced my poor mom to buy me the game and I bought an account I made a human warrior. I was SO original. I quickly deleted him and made a Human Rogue which I played for around three years, spanning a few servers. Tragic, I know, as it was only after that I was able to pull myself away and test out the horde. It only took one trip, after that I was all troll. All the time.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'd feel more comfortable in a reputable server over others anyday. I don't want mindless "gimme gimme" PvP private servers. I don't like to hear whining, and some GM's aren't more than underqualified players given a badge and a key to the jail cell. Here, I know better. This server is a haven, and I've no wish to go anywhere else.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Can I pick them all? I suppose not, but I'll try anyway. In reality it depends on the character that is made, of which I have no say. When I write, or create, it simply happens. I've been gifted with the ability to go into a 'zone', for lack of a better word, when I write and only snap out when I'm done. Thus being able to read whatever I wrote for the first time like everyone else. Tavern, travel, fighting. Its all part of the experience, and I hope to do just that with all of you.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would, of course, have to be Trolls. Not only can I connect with their lore and culture, as I've got a ton of Jamaican friends/family (and some in me) but their idea of tribes and familial ties stretch beyond normal human sensibilities. Human and a human argue, one gets stabbed and dies. Troll and troll argue? One gets hit with voodoo and is unable to escape their dreams and is sapped of their will until they shrivel up. The victor ends up with a nice shrunken head. Haha.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't expect anything, really. I hope for a fun community that would be slightly competitive in their goals for opposing sides but mature enough to know the difference between IC and OOC. Everyone can be friends and enjoy the company of another, thus benefiting the server as a whole and each person individually.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, for sure. I'm not a fan of drama, at all, it takes away from the fun of the game and the helpfulness of others. I'd rather be in the wrong, and have someone tell me, than have someone defend me and start and argument. Being able to speak things out like adults, or in this case, type them out. Is very important. Sometimes I take my ques from people, and I can't very well do that if people don't talk to one another, can I?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The day was just starting to become bright, the clouds that passed in front of the large class windows that made up the sixty-seventh floor of the Radiance Sky Manse were literally kissing the clouds as the fluffy white pillows drifted across the sky. The interior of the rising manse was redecorated in preparation for one of the two days of the year that the protectors of the City-State of Luminescence gathered together to celebrate past accomplishments and future victories. Today was induction and graduation day! Floors fifty-two through sixty-seven were reserved for the members of Gardens Orion and Chiyose. The two schools, though rivals, were embracing each other like long lost kin, and it was more than possible some of them were, the festivities had started before the official address was to be made and the awards for the new year were to be stated. The sixty-seventh floor held representatives from both Orion and Chiyose, those who had displayed considerable cunning, aptitude, heroism and tenacity in the face of adversity and tragedy. It was a room full of potentially great SeeD and their newly constructed and assigned groups. It was also more reserved than the other floors, due to etiquette and politeness. The man who stood near the dais, his cloud white hair reflecting the incandescent light from the mana lamps, could not have been more bored had he possibly tried. While he had a smile upon his face outwardly, he was fidgeting on the inside. He was told he might, possibly, maybe, have to give a small speech to the SeeD'lings and his peers, at the last minute. The champagne in his hand felt cool in his grip and he was suddenly glad for the fact that, if he drank three bottles of the beverage quickly, he might pass out and get passed up for the speech that he might not even have to do. "Khaerva, stop worrying so much, boy!" The voice was familiar and instantly recognized, it came from a bear of a man with hair which appeared to be in a long braid. The eye of the man, for he was wearing an eye patch, was focused squarely on the younger male's face and Khaerva was forced to release the glass and exhale.

Khaerva was looking at his father, Huang GalesBane, who had been personally and formally invited by former Headmaster Ulrik of Chiyose to join in the auspicious occasion that marked the passage of the year and the beginning of another. Huang had suffered major injuries at the hands of a marauding Wendigo a year past when protecting the Headmaster's granddaughter, Helga. The incident had robbed him of an eye, two fingers and part of his right ear. He'd taken numerous blows to the chest and had managed to get a broken arm, as well as being permanently handicapped after the beast had smashed his kneecap in. Yet, for all that, Huang GalesBane had managed to fend off the beast and carry the unconscious Helga to safety before even allowing healers to get to him. Had he done anything else, he might've had a healed leg or a lesser amount of blood loss, but that was not his way. It was because of that heroism that he was recognized and praised, despite the outcome. Just looking at his father made Khaerva feel foolish, letting something so small as giving a speech upset him so, but it was a pretty big deal. The look in his father's remaining eye would brook no argument, and Khaerva forced the drink aside and calmed himself with another breath. "There is the son I raised, even if you do mess up and embarrass yourself for the entire year." Khaerva blanched at the statement, glaring hotly at his father from across the small space that separated them. The rumble that resounded from his father's chest made it sound as though a mountain was having a hemorrhage, the laughter was full of genuine mirth and warmth. Despite his father's words the man's laugh was infectious and Khaerva found he could no more glare than he could raise his voice at the man and his indignation crested and broke to give way to a smile.

"Embarrass me? You must be getting old, it'll come back on you. The son of mighty Huang unable to address the graduating class. What a SeeD he'll turn out to be." Huang, attempting to remain straight faced long enough to cast a playful glare of his own, shook his head and flipped his braid around so that it rested upon his large back. "Pah! I've got nothing to do with it, you've your mother's tongue!" Khaerva picked his drink up and turned away, though he spoke loudly enough that his father could hear him. "Yeah, and my father's wit." He barely dodged a box of tissues aimed at his head, and the laughter commenced all over again. He didn't feel quite so nervous about the whole situation now, at least, but his formal apparel had begun to chafe at his shoulders and arms that weren't used to having the fancy and professional garments on. The room had quieted down, and it was clear why. Duke Jeremiah and Duchess Belladonna had made their way through the crowd and stood at the dais overlooking the sea of faces not just on one floor, but the screens that showed each floor that held SeeD initiates and their graduating classes. Silence reigned as the Duke spread his arms to encompass the entirety of the room, the effect the man had over the Garden's was almost palpable, and the energy of the building could have fueled all of Luminescence for weeks! After a moment of tense silence, the Duke began his address.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the esteemed Garden facilities, I am Duke Jeremiah Liminae, and I welcome you all on behalf of the city of Luminescence!" His voice, a deep tenor even without the help of the speakers in at least ten places in every room of every floor, resonated loudly. "It is my honor to congratulate both Headmasters for their exemplary efforts and that of their SeeD's in defending our great city from the forces of chaos! We owe it all to your efforts, your combined efforts! Today we celebrate each and every one of you." Applause was immediate, the cheering was deafening and it rang in Khaerva's ears even as he focused to listen to the next words of the Duke. "Graduating former initiates, it is my pleasure to welcome you to your new year as official SeeD, and I implore you to be beacons of light for those that are here following in your footsteps as those before you acted when you joined! Guide them, show them the true way and strive to have them surpass you while constantly bettering yourself! Our enemies never sleep, never rest and never remain quiet for long. We need your strength now more than ever to keep our home, your homes, safe!" More thunderous applause and wild cheering followed the statement, just hearing the Duke speak was an honor unprecedented by most, so this was truly a historic day for those new initiate SeeD'lings. Khaerva smiled for them, happy that they were allowed such an occasion and proud he was there with his father to witness it. "For those new SeeD initiates, on behalf of all Ghavast, I thank you! Without your sacrifices and strength we would not be where we are today! It is my sincere hope that you all rise to be stars in the skies above us and shine forevermore in our hearts and minds! You are our future, our life and our protectors, never let anyone tell you otherwise! The commotion and clapping and stomping that followed this statement made Khaerva think that the entire building would collapse under the strain.

Then, it was time. The Duke turned to each of the Headmasters and shook their hands, giving them the dais to speak their peace and award those they personally deemed worthy. Headmaster Raullock of Garden Orion awarded three Upperclassmen for excellent displays of valor when protecting a group of civilians from a rampant wyrm that was loose in the Slum district. They received a signed award from the Headmaster and the Duke, as well as the Duchess. Then it was Headmaster Kiyoshi's turn, her award was a silver pendant in the palm of her hand. Huang stood proud and tall, without the aid of his crutches, to accept the award. There was no moment that Khaerva could remember that he was more proud of his father than that one, until his father called him up to the dais. Then he wanted to kill him. Hesitant, but with the eyes of thousands of his peers and underclassmen boring into his back, he stepped upon the raised platform to stand near his father. The man dwarfed him by quite a bit of muscle and stood two full heads above him. A meaty arm was suddenly thrown around his shoulder and Khaerva had to resist coughing out what remained of the air in his lungs as he was crushed in a half-embrace, half-choke that his father gave him. The Duke shook his hand and motioned for the screens, and despite the giant hole in his stomach, Khaerva spoke. Like his father, Khaerva's voice was strong, but it wasn't a bass horn like that of his father, rather like a smooth and easygoing flow. "Well, I'm not too good at these things. On behalf of my fellow SeeD members I'd like to formally thank Headmistress Kiyoshi and Headmaster Raullock for their admittances into the Gardens on behalf of all the students here. I'd also like to thank Duke Jeremiah and Duchess Belladonna for the opportunity to be here." He paused for a moment, running a hand through his hair in a boyish fashion while being acutely aware of all the screens around him.

He was mortified, but he couldn't do a damn thing about it. He shook his head, a smile breaking through his fear and lighting up the screens as he continued. "I'd also like to say Chiyose is bringing the win home for sure this year, and that's a promise." He moved back away from the screen, the mix of shouted cheers and good natured boos followed his statement and the Duke placed a hand on his shoulder with a chuckle, finishing the ceremony quickly and pointing out that team organization was already finished and that the first years would receive their assigned teams via the communicators that they carried with them at all times. Khaerva was slipping away like a rabbit aiming for a rabbit hole, moving through the crowd of happy faces. Not a few girls attempted to talk to him, and the redness of his face just seemed to entice them further. He really was no good at flirting, or anything like that, that's not to say he didn't want to or that he wasn't attracted to the women, he was just...bad at it. Yet, they mistook his aloofness for mystery and pursued him all the harder. It was a viscous cycle. He was almost to his destination, the massive automatic doors that would take him out upon the balcony of the floor where the horizon and the sea were in view. The morning air hit him square in the chest, but he embraced it as he looked out over Luminescence, leaning upon one of the rails as he did so. Fresh air, cool against his skin, made him feel as though he would get over the address he'd made one day. He was pretty sure it'd never happen, but he hoped anyway.

This was the start of a new year...

(Taken from a story I wrote, and continue to write. I hope you enjoy.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am not new to the server, I've been here before! My last character was Alton, a few may have heard of him or remember, a few may not. Either way, a lot has changed for both me and the server, and its good to be back. Cheers!
Welcome BACK to Conquest of the Horde!

Weird seeing me do this, isn't it? Well it is for me..Anyways!

You know the drill, Rules, Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and policies, all should be given an updated read as we have added and changed some things.

Make sure to /join chat yadda yadda yadda.

<333

Cressy

PS. I rub roo mah chocolate sexy bear of lovin's. :B