Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arteyu`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm an 18 year old guy. I go to high school. My favorite fantasy universe is Faerun of The Forgotten Realms and WoW comes second. I used to read a lot of fiction when I was younger but for some reason I can't pick up books anymore they're just too heavy. My favorite authors are R. A. Salvatore, J. K. Rowling, Stephen King and H. P. Lovecraft to name a few. As much as I like talking about myself I hope this will be enough for now, I'm not too comfortable with sharing personal info for the first time. I'm sure you understand.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Estonia. I can speak Estonian, Russian and English. The latter being my third language in which I am still having difficulties expressing my thoughts and feelings from time to time... and I suck at punctuation.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3 RoC was my very first PC game. I think I was 11 years old when my parents purchased a PC along with 2 games, warcraft was one of them. I've always been fond of medieval themed books / movies / games than anything else and it grew on me. So when I heard they are releasing WoW I knew I just had to have it. When I finally got it I joined a RP server right away although I was rather immature at the time and didn't take RP too seriously. That was almost 6 years back however, I've learned from my mistakes.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Recommended by a friend I met online on another private RP server. I don't know how is he called here yet though I forgot to ask.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer roleplaying outdoors, visiting beautiful locations like the waterfalls of STV, the park of Stormwind and / or dark places like graveyards, Tirisfal Glades, Duskwood, Karahzan (depending on the character I'm currently playing). What really makes my day though is when a GM decides to host an event, taking a few characters as hostages interrogating and torturing them for example or any decent event with a good plot / story where every character can be involved. However I tend to dislike big groups because the more players there are the slower the RP and it gets really hard for me to get into character. Everyone is typing something and it requires alot of patience and full attention to read it all... even then it's still nearly impossible to respond to multiple players at once and I feel as if my own messages are lost in the wall of text. This is why I prefer small groups, about 2-8 people. I don't mind joining bigger groups from time to time though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It is a hard question and if I answered this some other day I bet I'd give you a completely different answer. For now however I'll go with human simply because they are the most versatile race in my opinion and I can roleplay them however I want. I can be a lowlife thug or a noble paladin. I can give my character my own personality because I am a human myself after all. When it comes to other races everyone have their own view of how they should be roleplayed and it can often lead to misunderstandings and arguments. For example some people think Draenei cannot be evil and are completely incorruptible. I don't agree but let's leave it at that.
What class do I prefer? This question seems a bit out of place here because usually when I am roleplaying my character I don't want to be stereotyped. For example on another server I roleplayed a night elven warrior but I used the Rogue class instead be cause I think the way Warrior works in WoW does not suit night elves at all, it is more suitable for barbarian-like characters. As of late that's what I've been doing though, playing light armour wearing fighter types, so I'll go with the Warrior.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want to have a great time interracting with other RPers. I want to learn from the better players and give a helping hand to the newbies if I can. You know, the usual stuff.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. Just like it says the game should be enjoyable for everybody although I don't mind if somebody does not respect my characters views, actions, race etc In Character and is rude to me.... In Character.
In fact I think that is a vital part of roleplaying in a world like Azeroth which is supposed to be a harsh place full of undead, demons, gnomes and other nasties. As long as OOC we understand this is just a game and we're all having fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I have stories to tell but I don't want to do it yet. I don't know what is this "Gruntship" yet but it seems like something I wouldn't want to miss in the future.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm intimidated by this interview.
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!