Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Austin`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Austin. I'm rather lore-whorish. I consider myself able to play every class and every race, of course some better than others. I prefer to play Horde, mainly Orc and Troll though I do not limit myself to them. I'm a hardcore-emoter, I don't really like PvP. In my eyes, spell mechanics are metaphor for what the spell actually is and does not follow lore. Thus being, I consider PvP as lorebreaking.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the United States. I speak English... and only English...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Lawd... I started playing Warcraft 3 when I was rather young. I started off on retail on Magtheridon, I was a PvEr mainly. Then, I slowly got hooked on Private servers. I started off playing on a hardcore PvP Private server, PvPing ofcourse. On this server, there was a small and rather shitty, excuse my French, RP community. It is there where I started to RP. Over the years, I've come to really enjoy RP and consider myself rather good at it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
As I'm sure a lot of you know, most RP servers have a problem staying up. I got word from a friend that this server was fairly official, which it seams to be, so I decided to check it out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy adventure RP the most, I guess you could say. I like hunting and tracking when I play my Troll Headhunter. I enjoy going out with a small group led by a leader where we would come across some rather fierce conflicts and opponents.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Repeating myself here but, as I said, I prefer Horde RP. I mainly like to RP Orc and Troll though I consider myself perfectly able to play any other class or race which I do tend to do.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect for the Staff to be mature and enforce their rules without being abusive. I also expect the RP here to be lore-correct.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"All players on this server are expected to be familiar with the history of Azeroth. While some of us take this to a level bordering on the encyclopedic, a working familiarity with basic timelines will suffice. In addition to this, all players are expected to have a character concept that makes sense within the context of Azerothian history."

I'm rather big when it comes to lore. I expect everyone to know their lore to a decent extent. I also, like I said, expect people not to break lore. If you don't know it, look it up or don't play it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is something I wrote a while back...

Blades clashed in the mist of battle. The sound of orcish war cries was behind me. "Lok'tar ogar!" they shouted as I struggled to run away hoping that I could escape the terrifying howls. But the cries did not go away. They got closer, and closer, and closer still. I turned suddenly to find myself face to axe with a massive orc, blood-covered and bloodthirsty. I rolled out of the way and speared my sword at the orc, piercing his eye. I attempted to stumble to my feet, my armor weighing me down. Behind me I heard the moans of pain that had been coming for the orc, a satisfying sound broken by the noise of a sword falling to the ground. Before I could even get to my feet I was picked up like a rag doll and tossed down a hill, my helmet falling off in the process. Before I could realize what had just happened, the orc jumped ontop of me, the spiked hilt of his axe aimed for my skull. I thought that this was going to be the end of me. To my surprise, the orc let out a loud yell, his blood splattering upon my face, dripping like rain on a window. When I looked to get a glimpse of my savior, he was already walking away.

He was wearing armor much like mine but distinctively, he had a rather large chip on his left shoulderplate and was completely missing the other. I rushed up to him "Hey!", I put my hand on his unguarded shoulder. He quickly turned to me. I was relieved to see the face of my commander. "What ye' want?", he said in his thick dwarven accent.

"I just wanted to thank you for saving me."

"Oi didn't save ye'" he paused as he began to turn "I killed me an orc."

"Of course" I said with a sigh.

The expression on my face was that of annoyance, although I tried not to show it. The commander was a very proud dwarf, he would never accept help from anyone and would rarely confess into doing a good deed. A battle hardened warrior until the end, I suppose.

I quickly ran to get my fallen helmet and then met back up with the the Commander. We kept quiet as we walked, heading toward Refugee Point. Day turned to night and we were still walking until we saw something. Something that worried me, but the Commander showed no fear. His gaze tightened as he looked around. A shadowy figure moved in the night, stalking us throughout our journey. It's occasional rumble of bushes is what alerted us of its present.

"Come out you coward!" I stupidly shouted.

"What are ye' tryin' to do, get us killed? Keep it down ya' idiot" Said the commander, yelling as he whispered.

"Right" I nodded

A bush rustled heavily as i readied my sword and shield, the Commander did the same. Before I could even harness my shield properly, something whistled past my ear and I heard the Commander yell in pain. My gaze quickly shifted to him. He was on the ground, sitting as he bled from his arm, holding it. "Don' just stand there, get him! Oi'll be fine! Go!" he said, still shocked from the attack. I nodded and looked around frantically through the narrowed gaze of my helmet. I felt something hit my shoulderplate, making the sharp sound of metal hitting metal. And then, over the hill I saw the light. It was that of a lantern carried by another Stromgarde Soldier like myself. He was followed by several others who were on horseback. They rushed down the hill. By this time, the dark figure had fled.

"Commander, are you okay?" One said

"Ye', oi'll be fine, jus' take meh back" The commander said, still holding his arm.

One of the Marines helped the Commander onto his horse, he was strangely weak for just having been hit in the arm. I too shared a horse and we road back to Refugee Point.

Once we returned to Refugee Point, the Commander didnt' seam to be getting any better. His pain had worsened greatly and he had began to fade in and out of consciousness. Whoever attacked us sure knew what he was doing. The Orcish Horde and their Defiler Allies have caused many a problem in the Highlands, risks like these are expected and understood by the us soldiers. We are all that's left of Stromgarde, we do what it takes to stay alive. We did not know how to save the Commander, he had been poisoned and none of the medics had ever dealt with such a poison before. They called for a Priest to come from Southshore, but they would not be able to get here for a while and I don't think the Commander had that time. I took off my helmet and gave the Commander a final glance before walking away.

As I was walking away, I heard a voice. "Aye, mon. I be knowin 'ow to save ya' friend" it said in a trollish accent. I turned around to find a caged Forrest Troll, probally being held prisoner by Stromgarde.

"And why should I trust you?" I said, disbelievingly

"Dis ol' troll be dyin', mon. Da' least I can be doin' is be helpin' ya commandah", he replied in his trollish accent.

I still didn't want to believe him, but the Commander's life was at risk.

“Say I did believe you, how could you help?” I replied rather aggressively.

“Before I be getting' captured, I be da potion makah of my tribe, mon. If ye' be gettin' me some of da proppah reagents, I could be makin' a poison to fix ya commandah righ' up” he explained.

“And where do I get these ‘reagents'?” I asked.

“I already be ‘avin most of ‘em in my bad ovah dere” he pointed to his bag, “I only be needin' some of a herb called Thistleweed. It be growin' anywhere in dah ‘ighlands but it not be too common. If you be findin' dat fo' me, I can be fixin' up ya' friend real good.

“And what does this herb look like?”

“You be knowin' it when ya' be seein' it” he responded slyly

Trolls have always pissed me off. They're one of the main reasons I'm fighting here today, filthy creatures. But I swallowed my pride, sighed and nodded at him. I then ventured out of the camp to go look for this Shimmerweed. It's just about daybreak and I haven't gotten the slightest amount of sleep, but I'll push through it for the commander. The basin is usually rather calm at this time of day, finding this shimmerweed shouldn't be too hard.

I was several miles out of town when I heard something strange. A familiar russle of the bushes as there was before. The noise we heard before we were attacked. Without hesitation, I pointed out my sword threateningly and shouted, "Come out, you coward! Do you fear my blade?". It was then that I heard a laugh. A sick, twisted laugh. It didn't sound like any troll or orc I've ever heard. This startled me but I was as vigilant as ever, attempting to peer around in attempt to find my stalker. As I turned around I heard that same voice yell "Fool!", a figure jumped from the shadows with its dagger facing towards me. I quickly brought my sword up to block the quick blow, peering into my enemies face and kicking it back. It was an undead, a woman at that. "Die scourge scum!" I yelled as I attempted to lung my sword into my enemy. She quickly moved out of the way, I have never seen such speed in my life. "I am no scourge, foolish human!" a wretched voice called out from a tree. Before I could peer up, I was faced with a knife of sorts, it clinked off my armor, sending a small barrage of sparks flying outwards. Distracted, I frantically looked around to find nothing but darkness. I heard an evil cackling from the distance getting further away. Whomever this way, she was playing with me like a child would play with his meal before eating it. If she thinks she can frighten me so easily, she's wrong.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. Have a nice day.
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!