Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: elenjay`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Leon. I'm 35 years old and had my first roleplaying experience when I was 15. It was pretty terrible game of DnD. A few years later I went off to university to read Mathematics and joined the both the RP and LARP Societies. I played and GM'd various tabletop games. My favourite being Rolemaster though for a long time my favourite character was a GiantSlayer (class) I played that died in a WarHammer game.
Several years later I played on some Ultima Online private servers (RP-enforced). Then I moved on to Neverwinter Nights. Playing tabletop-style games, mostly though neverwinterconnections.com. I did some scripting/programming for NWN games. Then when NWN2 came out I was the lead programmer and GM for a NWN2 Persistent World.

My experiences on the ORIGIN servers for UO stopped me from trying WoW. I'd heard that the Blizzard servers for WoW were much like the ORIGIN servers for UO. lolz dat iz sooo imm3rzif!!!!111 I only recently became aware of private servers for WoW. I found this site through google (I did check out other RP server's website too).

I look forward to roleplaying with you.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm born and bred in Wales. My first language is l33tsp34k, but I can speak English fluently also.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Sun Tsu! Well no, not really... I haven't read that yet. I haven't "got into Warcraft" yet either.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplay is required on this server. The other RP servers didn't seem so good.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like most "kinds" of roleplay.

I do NOT do solo RP. When my character is alone it is just a collection of numbers/pixels. Roleplaying is a social activity. It may take two to tango, but in my opinion two is the minimum number of participants. I like to entertain people. In an RPG I try to entertain those I am roleplaying with. The more the merrier. That said, some of my most memorable roleplay experiences have been one-on-one roleplay.

I generally prefer "deep" roleplay. Getting fully immersed in the characters and sometimes the minutiae of their lives.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I generally prefer to play a mage. For me, magic is the heart of fantasy. I tend towards a scholarly outlook and like to plan, thus the mage class fits me best. In Warcraft I think my favoured class would be Warlock, as I consider demonology to be more interesting than elemental magic.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I can't think of any.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The role-playing rules appeal most. Though I confess that my knowledge of Azeroth lore is limited at the moment. I intend to remedy that before I create a character.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll tell you a story later. The story I would like to tell is of a character I played on a UO server. The story is about a Gorean-style character. It contains elements that would not be appropriate on a PG-13 forum, but could not be removed from the story.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
k4n i haz gm?
Welcome to the server!

I'm sure you'll fit right in and enjoy your time with us, do make sure to give the Wiki, Rules and FAQs a read since they will explain a lot of good information that will help you get used to CotH!

Most importantly, remember that Happiness is mandatory, citizen.