Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hizu`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player? I guess it's hard for me to directly answer this question as you want me to. I play in a more "team oriented" type of way. I like to play in ways that benefit others and grant me greater control of what happens in the battle field and around the town.

I'm also told by many on my home server on Retail that I'm one of the kindest people out there. I tend to go out of my way to help others.

My main drawback however, is intolerance for the overly stupid.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States of America. From Texas! I know, I know, Texas, but I don't have pink flamingos in my yard. Trust me.

I also drive a car to work. Not a wagon.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I learned about the beta version in 2004. Been playing ever since!

What made you seek our server over others?:
Role playing! I've always wanted to do it, but all the servers I rolled on weren't RP.

I'm also hoping this server has more working skills.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really enjoy relaxing roleplay. Around the town type of things. On retail servers, I enjoy collecting different types of sets of gear that looked different and unique and I liked to walk around town with them, talking to the NPC's.

I also enjoy a good bit of fighting. Respectful duels. Not to kill, but as a test of skill and worth.
Man I got some strange looks too.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Now this is a tough question class wise. Four classes interest me the most. The Hunter, Priest, Mage, and Protection Warrior. All of these classes have great flavor to them and grant me the feeling of control in battle. As ANY of these classes I can easily support another person be it either hindering the enemy in battle or aiding the player directly.

Race wise? I'm quite partial to the tauren. Big, furry creatures of peace? That I do love. Trolls are my second favorite due to how awesome their culture is. A shame they got kicked out of their home islands.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm really hoping it's as role-playing oriented as I hope it is. My main concern is if I'll be able to handle it correctly and don't lapse into an anti-RP mode.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect.

It has to be respect. Some of the others come close, but I think Respect wins.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hmm...I hope this is the kind of story you mean...

Amber crouched in the bushes, watching the Alliance party pass. She hadn't been expecting to meet members of the Alliance this close to the Barrens, but she was careful all the same. She tensed as the party drew closer to her, hoping they wouldn't see her. Cursing inwardly, she wished (not for the first time) that she didn't have the hooves and large figure that were key traits to her Tauren race. Eyes narrowed, the slowly drew her bow, ready to flee as the leader of the group, a human, walked by her. The next two passed by her as well without a hitch. However, as the fourth one, a dwarf, got near, the blinked in alarm as she felt the warning signs of a sneeze. She hastily grabbed her nose to try and stop the sneeze, but it was too late. As she sneezed, she was already in the middle of running towards the deep forest behind her, hoping to get away from the Alliance even as they were already raising warning shouts and she felt a fireball pass over her head only to slam into a tree in front of her. She ducked under an overhanging branch and continued her escape before disappearing inside the lush oasis forest that surrounded one of the few lakes in the Barrens. Seeing her vanish, the human leader of the party raised a hand in the air and called the rest of the group back. "She's gone. Leave her be. We cannot waste time here with a lone Tauren. We have an important message to deliver to Lady Jaina Proudmoore. We best be on our way."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I do hope I filled all of this out correctly. I'm a bit eager to start on a REAL role-playing server for once. I have no clue what to expect exactly.
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!
Flamingos? Wagons? A sense a humor? I think I like you!

Quote:I also enjoy a good bit of fighting. Respectful duels. Not to kill, but as a test of skill and worth.
Man I got some strange looks too.
You'll be happy to learn that fighting and dueling are very common on this server. There is even an arena established near Ratchet to encourage people to fight there. There are always a handful of people there, whether drinking at the bar, cheering in the stands, recuperating at the medical area, or fighting in the arena itself.

A unique roll system (at least, it's new to me! I'd never seen it before coming to this server) is used by many on Conquest of the Horde. It codifies duels and fighting. You can learn more about it in Drink's awesome thread, Roll combat and you!