Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rofliron`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am, I suppose you can say, 'addicted' to MMOs of any sort. I find myself on them most of my time on the computer. Even when I'm not on them, I'm talking about them with friends. Personally, in my eyes World of Warcraft is the best Online game of all time. I prefer Medieval or Mythical games such as this one, and mainly play Private Servers. I've been a mod on servers my friends have made that never got big. And I am good friends with the creator of Echeloned WoW Private Server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
U.S.A, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I learned about MMORPGs from a friend at a local Game Stop a few years ago. I had been interested in Role-Playing and DnD long before though. Prior to this server, I have played on private servers and played, on occasion, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos for the strategic feel. But soon enough, I realized my calling was WoW and since then I've been playing on mainly Private Servers.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A few friends referred me, whom I met whilst RPing on other games, so I decided, 'Heck, I'll give it a shot.' And so far I like it. I obviously haven't touched the actual server but the fact you need to fill this out gives me a more secure feeling with the Mods and Administrators. Over-all, this is the best server I've seen in a while.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Generally, the Role Play that interests me the most would be the 'Average Joe' character. I prefer being a less essential-to-the-Kingdom or Village, or where-ever the Role Play takes place kind of guy. I like smaller scenes and traveling in pairs of three or four on adventures, or if I am a Guard or Warrior of any sort I like going on occasional patrols and doing damage to the enemy when necessary. Another interest, a minor one for me is being a merchant. I like the feel of making money and meeting the role players' characters and even Out Of Character personality.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It's hard for me to decide, but I'd probably pick a Troll Hunter/Rogue just because they are exotic and the whole of them interests me. For instance, they are unique when it comes to looks for one. Also they are just one of those WoW things that really pops out to me personally, and makes me want to play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are high. There is no other way to put it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, I'm not the best typist, but the Keyboard skills bit really shows that the Admins/Mods' expectations of the players need to be fulfilled just as much the player's expectations of the server. To sum it up, I completely, in every way, agree with that rule. There is proof in that rule that this server isn't BS. This is strict RP, the way it should be.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I always thought being in the Marines would be cool.
Ha! What a stupid thing to think!

Six men.
Six minutes.
Six more reloads.

"Fourth platoon, on your feet!" Those were the last words of Captain Daniels. Just before a loud blast was heard from the rooftops of a a section of sandy buildings my platoon was conversing amongst each other, on break.
We had a clear shot to our mission, but it was 2 AM and no-one wanted to go right then, especially not Daniels. But we had to, and he ordered us up. A .50 Caliber bullet entered his chest and tore through his sternum like a hot knife through butter.
His chest nearly exploded, and a shock-wave was sent through his body, his arms shot outward and broke. We just stared in awe as Belle opened up with his M60 Light Machine Gun on the building with the sniper.
Keyes grabbed his Remington 870 shotgun, with it's tactical gear: fore-grip, tactical light, and adjustable stock. His eyes were fixed on the street as he crossed it, his pump shotgun shouldered and his feet moving toe-to-heel.
I looked around me, I found Daniels dead on the ground, blood puddling up under him. I tried not to throw up. We were currently at five men. I held my M4A03 sniper rifle tighter. I looked at the buildings now, my eyes cool and concentrated.
I found the sniper moving amongst the rooftops in a wild sprint. Belle was opening up on the windows under the runaway sniper, taking out any back up he had.
I discovered my sniper bolt cocked and ready as I shoulder it. I heard Keyes fire his shotgun twice, and he ran out of the building with his back to us. He fired multiple shells into the now closed door and the wall.
I blocked out the sound around me and my barrel trailed along as I trained my eye on the target through the scope.
I calculated him being about forty six degrees from our position, North. Keyes was crouched by a prone Corporal Johnston. Johnston had his M4 shouldered and was firing at the windows. Belle remained crouched as he self-fed his M60.
PFC Rodriguez was hit in the thigh. He was squirming as bullets whizzed past. I couldn't help him. I re-trained my eye through the scope, onto the target. He was laying down again, aiming at Belle.
Belle got hit before I could do anything. Keyes ducked behind the rock and started reloading. I exhaled, and pulled the trigger with my weapon steady. With a click the bolt moved a bit and the bullet exited my barrel.
If you have ever hit a water melon with a bat, you can picture this. I won't go into detail, but it was nasty.
An RPG-7 missile exploded next to me. Rodriguez got blown to bits. Belle had been dead for a while now.
Two minutes passed and the smoke had cleared out. Keyes looked at me, we were the last two left. Bullets rained over head. With a nod he began a sixteen yard sprint for my position.
Two minutes remained, and the distant sound of a Huey, a rescue team came into my ringing ears. Keyes dropped his shotgun as a bullet penetrated his right shin and exited his calf. Then his eye welled up with tears as he saw all of our friends dead in the sand.
Blood drenched his pant leg as he limp-sprinted to me. I was firing the rifle, turning to him and firing again.
Finally he was about two yards away. Yet, he seemed so far when the next bullet tore through his right shoulder at an angle, and into his chest.
It seemed like slow motion as the fabric of his vest spiraled and ripped when the bullet shot through the ligaments, muscle and skin.
Time returned and blood spewed out of his mouth. He was now facing the enemy, his knees hitting the ground.
Keyes' head turned, getting a glimpse of his killers. A smile came over his face as the volley of bullets from the buildings obliterated his torso.
I had to watch. I couldn't ignore it. His body hit the ground. My eyes met his, catching the coldest of stares.
But it wasn't cold like hateful, but more of a death cold, a fear cold. But Keyes was a bad-ass, he didn't fear death, he feared he'd failed his country, I could just tell.
Sound finally returned, and I looked up at the Huey hovering over head. I hugged my rifle, and yelled to get their attention.

Five more rounds.
Five minutes passed.
Five corpses lay in the sand.

My brothers lay in the sand.
Blood drenched the once beige sand.
If only my blood could replace theirs in that sand.

But not today, the Devil lost today.
Today, Fourth Platoon, D Company, 1st Marines won.
And Lucifer took it like a man.
But Marines gave it like a thousand.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Noice server mate, noice server.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I hope you have found your way around the forums; hitting the key points such as our Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Policies/Rules. If not..I'd recommend you do that now.

Remember to /join chat when you log on to the server!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy