Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: AceDemon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I don't really know what to say. I started playing RPGs at about 12 and couldn't get enough of it. I joined WoW, ER being my first server and tried RPing and...well I sucked, really badly. But if no one tells you, you never know, right? So I practiced more, did some writing, that I would never show anyone -ever- ...some stuff that comes out of my mind just shouldn't be seen... I couldn't afford it after a while and have been trying to fill the RPing gap that it left. N.B I'm not 12 anymore....if that wasn't entirely obvious

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
England

How did you get into Warcraft?:
See 'First and foremost'?

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplaying is primarily what I want to do on this. Servers where everyone is PvPing as instant 80's and going 'LOL RP n00bs' to anyone RPing isn't going to attract me. The only other two RP servers I found were too 'closed-off' I didn't feel like I could talk to any others on the server and it disappeared/shut-down soon after I joined.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventure/drama, preferably with a group of close friends. Sometimes just wandering, going to remote places with friends and just chilling IC.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a difficult one for me. I love Elves. I dunno why, I've always been a bit of a pointy-ear fanatic so the Night Elves captivate me the most. I love druids for their flexibility and just some of the humorous situations people can manage to RP themselves into. Though I've always wanted to be able to weild a sword as one, staves quickly lose all sorts of unique and 'cool'ness.

What are your expectations of this server?:
None, just a place to RP with some friends (some that I'm bringing along, others that I'll hopefully make here.) either for quiet down time or high-action events....Perhaps that was the wrong thing to say. I don't -expect- high-action events, I expect a place for them to be able to happen, player-made or otherwise.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To be honest, not one of them. But they're all the rules that Blizzard either posted, but should have enforced or didn't put up, but should have. Anything that enforces free, relaxed and stress-free RP appeals to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not very good at making up the kinds of stories to put here. I'm not even sure what "gruntship" is.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I hope you have found your way around the forums; hitting the key points such as our Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Policies/Rules. If not..I'd recommend you do that now.

Remember to /join chat when you log on to the server!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy
AceDemon, you mentioned in your introduction that you didn't know what Gruntship is. Since this is a pretty integral part of being a member of Conquest of the Horde, I think you should know!

A Grunt is the next level up from Peon, which is the rank that you typically hold after having your introduction accepted and made visible by the staff. As a Peon, your characters are incapable from leveling past 50. If you do so (in other words, if you continue leveling past 50 in a single sitting), you may log in to find your character locked. This is done to encourage players to become Grunts, who have no such restrictions. They are able to level select characters to 80 (specifically, ones with accepted profiles) and be rewarded for their efforts.

People can apply for their Gruntship as soon as one month after their initial acceptance. There are, however, a number of requirements that must be fulfilled:
Once all of these requirements are met, you will be -- for lack of a better word -- reviewed. People will need to vouch for you, so make sure that they know who you are! Get involved with the community, roleplay with others, and have fun! After a period of time (anywhere from a day to even a week) you should hopefully be promoted to a Grunt and can then page a GM to have your characters with accepted profiles have the level cap removed. Huzzah!

Keep in mind, however, that you do not have to level your character nor do you have to be a Grunt. I've seen a handful people on this server who appear to have been active for over a year and still are Peons (by choice, I'm assuming). However, it's very strongly encouraged and the benefits do definitely outweigh the effort required to do so -- among them 2,000 gold and ten tokens that allow you to request almost any item available in the game! You also get the satisfaction of knowing that your character got the thumbs up from the community, which is further underlined when the character is added to the wiki with all of the other accepted characters.

Hope that this helps, AceDemon! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!