Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DiodorusSiculus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I actually created my account here over a year ago but I never got arround to doing anything with it. I'm sick of the lack of RP on Retail RP Realms so I decided to come back here and actually get myself established. I've just finished High School and I'm going to College next year. I'm nearly 18, I was Captain of my High School basketball team and I just got back from a Lady GaGa concert with said team and our girlfriends plus one boyfriend.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I have for ever lived in New Zealand (go me!!) so English is my primary language. I'm also fluent in Greek (I'm actually half-Greek) and Latin, competant in Hebrew and Japanese, and have basic skills in many other languages including Arabic and Aramaic. I'm also fluent in Elven but I don't usually tell people that.
Despite being from New Zealand, I'm educated in American terminology and it's real world equivalent, hence my use of College and High School rather than our own varient names used in New Zealand.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been a fan of RPGs and RTSs for a long time. Warcraft was just one of the games I happened to afford to buy due to it's cheapness (in NZ anyway). So of course I progressed to World of Warcraft, though I had to wait till a few months after release so I could get it as a birthday present. I've been playing WoW on and off ever since. I also play the WoWRPG of which I have the books for. I'm a longtime D&D player so when a tabletop version of Warcraft came out it was only natural to buy it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, as far as I can find it's the only server that actually focuses on Roleplaying content, something I've desired greatly for a long time.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, as long as it's immersive I really do enjoy anything. As a closet nerd I take what I can get and make the most of it. So it's not the types of roleplaying that I have preferences for, but the quality of whatever RP is going.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the Blood Elves, assuming the question is limited to the palyable races. Unlike many players, Retail ones in particular, my like for them is not due to their aesthetics (if I was to pick a race based purely on how they looked I'd take the Forsaken for sure), but rather the interesting Roleplay oppertunities they can present. Their addiction to magic is an element of their character I find appealing, along with their flip-flopping allegiences. All the other races are just as interesting to Roleplay, but for me I get a special enjoyment out of Blood Elves.
As for class, definately Mage. Independant of the obvious affiliation between Blood Elves and Mages, I have always loved magic-users. They're what I play (at least first) in any Roleplaying situation. I have a softspot for Necromancers, often to the dismay of players I DM for (I always feature a Necromancer reccuring villain in my campaigns which, although vastly different each time, is still an ardent master of the undead. Undead are, of course, very annoying.) The lust for magic that Mages in the Warcraft universe have is an additional facet that I find interesting and stimulating to Roleplay. I still enjoy and do Roleplay as characters of other archetypes, but Mages will always be my favorite

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't really know what I'm expecting. And anyway, I've learnt not to expect things lest yo get let down. Not that I'm expecting this server to be a let down. XD

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Umm, I don't know. The maturity I suppose. There are definately a lot of immature people on Retail, and most of the other private servers for that matter.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I sit here in my cell, enjoying no sound except the scritching of my quill on parchment. The depth of my own folly has only just hit me. Now, after a century of damning experimentation and plotting, I finally realize my mistake. Only by the mercy of a kindly guard do I have writing material to record my experiences in hope that someday I may be understood, and maybe even pitied, for I am pitiful. I blame these people for neither my imprisonment nor for my inevitable burning come dawn. But I do criticize them for their lack of perception. To them, I am a monster, a freak of nature, or rather, of magic. They perceive me an animal, hungering only for power and death.

They are wrong.

My name is Morath: necromancer, dark lord, and human. This is my story…

Diary of a Necromancer: Chapter One - A Start
I was but a boy, eleven, perhaps twelve. Yes, I was twelve years old. I was a very fine-looking boy, if I do say so myself. I had thick, black curls of hair, often falling into my face when I looked down. I had a pale, yet rosy face with full lips, large, blue eyes, and long eyelashes. I was young. I was healthy. I was in an apprenticeship to become a necromancer.

"Concentrate, Morath," rasped my master, Derir, gripping my shoulder tightly.

I nodded, terrified, my eyes never leaving the old, cracked tombstone. "Are you sure I'm ready, Master?" I asked, my high, boyish voice squeaking slightly.

"Of course you are, boy. Don't be ridiculous. I summoned my first skeleton when I was eleven."

"Couldn't I do a zombie? You said freshly dead corpses where easier to raise."

"Yes I did, because much of their matter still remains in this Plane, and because some remnants of their spirits tend to linger for a while. But you didn't listen to the entire lesson. Zombies are much harder to control because they still have a vague sense of self, and often try to rebel against their masters. For an experienced necromancer, this isn't a problem. However, you, being a complete novice, will likely lose control and I won't have enough time to throw up a protective barrier. Skeletons are generally mindless; you shouldn't have a problem. Now, let us begin. This sort of thing, like I have told you before, is best in the full moon, which is starting to wane."

Slowly, my master worked me through the necessary spells and incantations. I shall not record them here, lest someone wishes to follow my work, which I cannot allow.

Finally, after several minutes of invoking, hand waving, and finger wriggling, I stopped, folded my arms like my master often did, and waited. The spell had left me sick, like I had swallowed a vat of oil and had swum in a pool of slime. I felt dirty, yet exhilarated. Seconds passed uneventfully. My foot began to tap. Perhaps I had done it wrong? My master would not be pleased at my failure. I chanced a glance at his face; it was expressionless. I waited some more. Finally, after several more seconds of tension, I opened my mouth to apologize to Derir. At that moment, there came the muffled sound of splintering wood. After a few moments of listening to the sound of digging, a bony hand thrust itself out of the ground.

"Ha ha!" cried my master, actually clapping his hands. "Bravo, young necromancer. Your first undead raising at twelve! Ha! I couldn't do it until I was fourteen."

"But… you said… what about the skeleton at eleven?" I asked, confused.

"I lied," said Derir simply. "But no matter. You have the makings of a great necromancer, boy. I hope I live to see it."

I looked at the fully visible skeleton I had summoned. It was busily brushing dirt and pieces of its coffin off itself. Seeing me looking, it snapped to attention, awaiting my command.

"You'll do well, boy," said my master, clapping his hand on my shoulder. "Very well." Despite my upset stomach, I grinned a genuine smile.

And so my path to the hells had begun.

It was a start.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
So, I've been runnig games for an -long- time and because of that I've grown accustomed to masterminding epicness. While this is fine for a DM or w/e it, of course, isn't such a fabulous thing for a character. I've been RPing as a character through various mediums in the last few months to try an prepae myself for playing on this server, but I don't know if I'm completely back into player mode (so to speak) or if I ever will be. I will try my best though, and I'm not above being reminded that my designs are getting a bit to grand.

Oh, on a side note, the above piece of writing is the beginning of a short story I wrote for fun ages ago set in the Forgotten Realms. It explores several facets of humanity; a personal interest of mine. As I've expressed, I have a soft spot for Necromancers, who are often portrayed as evil. I wrote the story because I thought it would be interesting to see the other side of the story and presont the view that perhaps many evil-doers are just misunderstood. I find the plurality of human nature an interesting topic.
Your intro is begging for a accepting. I bet you will get it, I can almost say Welcome to CotH but I am not a GM