Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aisthesis`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am an easy somewhat casual gamer from nature, but a good storyline and good RP are able to captivate me; adding that particular dimension to the game, that keeps me busy for weeks or perhaps months. I enjoy reading, writing and drawing.

I am twenty-two years old, I suppose I am very timid and hard to cross. I am a true Jazz-lover, even though I dream of making a living solely by selling my paintings, opening my own jazz-cafe appeals to me as well.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am an easy somewhat casual gamer from nature, but a good storyline and good RP are able to captivate me; adding that particular dimension to the game, that keeps me busy for weeks or perhaps months. I enjoy reading, writing and drawing.

I am twenty-two years old, I suppose I am very timid and hard to cross. I am a true Jazz-lover, even though I dream of making a living solely by selling my paintings, opening my own jazz-cafe appeals to me as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My boyfriend asked me if I wanted to join. We both love to RP, thus we started a character on one of the available RP servers. I have played World of Warcraft for about one year, until I decided I should spend my money on things that matter more than a MMORPG.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have been on a few private servers now, sincerely missing the RP or active interaction between two (or more) characters. I am interested in developing my character ICly and I love the very idea every character I meet in game, carries a story along.
I am not much of a competitive type of person, so a full PvP server does not appeal to me at all.

This server seems very serious, offering a good environment to start once again, meeting people who share the same interests.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a good and dynamic conversation between two characters that really seem to connect. I love the surprises one character can bring, how they grow together or even grow apart (sometimes with a heavy heart from the people behind the characters).

I am used to RP on forums, being able to take your steps more deliberately, editing my post until I was fully satisfied with how I had chosen my words and assembled my sentences.
RP through World of Warcraft brought a different challenge for me, firstly, my English was forced to improve.
Secondly, when I looked back on the progress my character had made, I was amazed by how fast she had grown and matured into a very independent person, with a very own personality.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The class that strikes me as the most charming, is the mage. They can vary greatly and conceal great surprises within. Nothing really tells what has shaped the mage into the very person he or she is right now. They are well educated and often very proud and delicate creatures.
My knowledge of lore is somewhat limited to the Sindorei, but I am planning on expanding my horizon. There is still much to discover :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to find a mature server, where RP is taken more heavily and seriously than the RP I sometimes experienced on retail (in “Sillymoon”).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All server rules, especially the rules applying to RP and what is expected upon creation of one character.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A bright sun blinded Iondor, as it rose above Silvermoon City. Iondor covered his eyes sighing deeply. His old body was no longer what it used to be. He stretched him self out, rubbing his soar back from wearing his heavy armor. He would have to find a new source of income. His much younger wife was expecting soon, and nothing but worries crawled into Iondor's mind. He had managed to buy some cheap bread, and even though he could not be considered poor, there was the future to think about, especially now that his first child was waiting to be born. He wondered if he had forsaken his duty when retiring from the blood knight's service, and taking care of his wife in her pregnancy instead.

He sighed once more and turned around, walking towards his home he muttered. “Why would anyone hire an old retired blood knight? I am of no good use anymore..have I not served the light as I should have?” He shook his head, now he was even starting to talk to himself. As his graceful wife, Scholastica Veritas became pregnant, Iondor started drinking.. Though he could not be considered an alcoholic, he did every now and then try to hide from his responsibilities. Disappointing his wife greatly. He sighed once more when he arrived at home, while taking a deep breath he opened the door and stepped inside, as the unique smell of alcohol accompanied him

Scholastica sat quietly in her chair, her slender hands resting idly in her lap. A small wrinkle appeared on her forehead when Iondor pushed the door open, bringing along with him a breeze from outside, accompanied with a faint scent of sweat and alcohol.
'Where have you been?' She said softly, rising from her seat. 'I have been up all night, waiting for your return.' It worried Scholastica greatly to see her husband in this state. Did he not wish for this child? Had she not been patient enough and forced Iondor in a situation he had not desired?
'We have no money for servants... I need to trust on your presence when our baby arrives. Are you not capable of understanding the impact of your new habit?!' Her voice ended in a sharp tone, a hideous tide of mixed emotions welled up from deep within her chest.

Ofcourse an argument followed, even though Iondor knew Scholastica had every right to be angry. He sighed and stumbled upstairs taking of his clothes and dropped him self on the bed. How could he have been so foolish? And how long will he continue this behavior? He closed his eyes and fell asleep, leaving Scholastica awake, with all kinds of worries of her own, but the drowsiness of Alcohol had won the battle against her emotions.

More than half of the credit goes to Cael ;) starring Iondor Sungaze.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope this'll do :)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I hope you have found your way around the forums; hitting the key points such as our Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Policies/Rules. If not..I'd recommend you do that now.

Remember to /join chat when you log on to the server!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy
I see something has gone wrong during copying and pasting my answers, perhaps essential to know - I live in the Netherlands. English is my secondary language.