Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: sweets`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I value uniqueness in a character above all else. I can find the sense in almost anything, and I love exploiting this to invent new concepts and use old concepts in new ways. If I can find a way to add a splash of creativity to something, I won't hesitate.

As a person, a roleplayer and a poster, the value I hold highest is the respect for others. Although I admit I have spent years struggling to abide by this, and probably always will, I am constantly reminding myself and, if necessary, others, that a person simply speaking their opinion does not deserve disrespect.

I have been roleplaying for several years now, and thus I feel that I have seen all the generic things it has to offer. Although I've seen all the very basics and thus always wish to explore further, I feel that I am still a novice to anything past rudimentary knowledge.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Texas, the deep south of the United States of America. I have traveled to Australia and various other states, but my home has always remained here, deep in the heart of Texas.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My father is the ultimate geek. I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but he's trailed me along in his gaming career. At a very young age I was playing Diablo, and then somewhere along the line I got into Warcraft. The story fascinated me, although at the age of eight and nine I was mostly having to navigate through the campaign using cheat codes. I've long since gone through and cleared both the original Warcraft 3 and the expansion on fair terms, and the series has always stayed near and dear to my heart. I have been off-and-on playing its online function for the masses of unique, player created games it offers. Naturally, when World of Warcraft presented itself, I leaped on it. I've been playing since Vanilla, although now, things have gotten unfortunately stale. The roleplay community has almost completely died down as a whole. So naturally, I sought CoTH, the supposed best roleplay server, out.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Do you want the honest truth?

I pulled up Google and searched for a private roleplaying server. This was the first link to come up— but more than that, it was the only direct link. All the others led to those various top one hundred sites. I glanced through the forums, the wiki, and I am stunned. The community, the time and the effort all seem absolutely top rate. I didn't even think about seeking another server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I will love any roleplay that gives everybody a chance to express themselves and their characters. If you simply throw a bunch of unique individuals in a room, you don't need to give them a goal; the interactions will play out and tell a story on their own.

However, that is not to say I don't like seeking a goal. My favorite sorts of roleplays are generally adventure types. I remember, some time back, I had an absolutely amazing time when several friends and I trekked across the Plaguelands, another group of friends playing the part of a monstrous Scourge horde that was yearning for our flesh. The pure epic time of this night, though it was a year or two ago, has always stuck out in my mind. Unfortunately, things like this are difficult to organize, and I have yet to replicate a tale like it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I do not particularly like or dislike any race. If I were to say one was my favorite, I would have to cite several others as well— and before I knew it, I would be listing out every single race in the game. I love the sillier races such as Gnomes, but then the mystique of Night Elves draws me in as well. But I do also love the proud Tauren people, or the torn Blood Elves.

I also do not have a favorite class. My first and only max level character on retail was a Priest, but I truly cannot say why it ended up that way, as there are several other classes I find to be much more interesting. I suppose the closest I have to a favorite is the Paladin. However, I cold never force myself to invest the time in leveling it, as they are simply so stale for the majority of their earlier career. I simply love the idea of a healer who is not squishy; a medic who will stand and live at the front lines.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want to find a plethora of interesting new ideas and people. I am tired of all the stereotypical backgrounds and the generic skill sets. I want to interact with creative minds that can see things from odd perspectives.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard Skills!

I find myself ripping large clumps of hair out, screaming at the top of my lungs, and throwing myself against the wall when I read "hai mai nam r dethlokk." I can tolerate rudeness, differences, disagreements. I can deal with jerks, dweebs and dorks. But it's the moment that I see an illegible piece of speech that I throw down my keyboard, take my weave off, bite off my clip on nails, rip out the fake eyelashes, toss away my hoop earrings and kick off my five inch heels.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The dull clouds almost completely masked out the bright illumination of Lady Luna, casting an endless dark shade over the small town.

The woman, a person in her mid fifties who looked as if she were hardly more than a bit over thirty, glanced to the side, watching her old accomplice down another shot. Her eyes then moved to look at the four empty glasses before her, as she went through several motions in her mind to ensure she was not too intoxicated to carry on.

"Bartender!" She looked up as her friend called for another shot of sake. The man serving the drinks seemed uneasy with the idea of his customers consuming such ridiculous amounts of sake, though he was far too greedy to say anything other than the price. Her eyes inconspicuously followed every motion he made as he filled a small cup with more of the alcohol.

She then twitched a bit as the sound of her friend's voice came forth. "... You cannot go through with this," he said, perfectly articulate despite the fact that the majority of his body was now filled with the hard sake. How could he, she wondered, tell her right from wrong, when he had so suddenly stormed back into her life, towing a monster of a child who did nothing but assault her with horrible memories and more tears? And what did he know, when he had come all this way to attempt to convince her to plunge into the ultimate fool's bet; to pursue the same cause that her younger brother and former lover died for? Her brow furrowed and her eyes narrowed into thoughtful slits as she looked down, gripping the bright blue gem that hung around her neck. This one stone held so many memories. It both comforted and tormented her. Why could she not let go?

She again glanced to the side just as she saw the man turn his head to to gaze down the street. Silently, she shook her arm a bit. A small packet tumbled down her sleeve and into her palm. It was time. This 'friend' would know her decision once and for all.

Just as she moved her palm to empty the contents of the paper container into his drink, he suddenly whipped his head back at her, fury in his eyes. The woman quickly returned her hand to her side, hiding the packet. "If you agree to heal his arms, you will be stomping all over everything the Sandaime, our teacher, died for! You know his only goal lies in destroying our homeland! What good will it do to have him resurrect Nawaki and Dan if everything they dreamed of, if what they died for, means nothing?!" He growled and again turned away after this speech. The woman hesitated, contemplating considering his words, but ultimately decided not to waste a moment. She could feel her eyes beginning to leak out small streams of liquid as his piercing words sank through her mental barriers. Still, she glared through the blur of the tears, using her thumb nail to rip a small hole in the packet that was concealed under her palm. Ensuring her was still looking away, furious at her, the woman dumped the lump of salt-like substance into his latest shot of sake. It dissipated almost instantaneously, perfectly tasteless and odorless.

She moved her arm away just as he again turned back to her, casting a disappointed look upon the world as he tossed the liquid down his throat.

The woman slowly stood, wiping her face clean, as her old friend slumped over on the bar, completely unconscious. She called out to the bartender, who had been in the back for some time, "This man will pick up the tab. I'm off."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How, exactly, is combat usually done on the server? Pure text? Dice rolls? Realtime? Through dueling?
It's up to each participant of a fight to decide what kind of system they prefer, they're all allowed, however, the most common seem to be either pure emotes or using dice (do make sure to pay a visit to the die altar in the Gulch first, if that's what you prefer, hehe).

Welcome to the server!