Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ravenmai`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I started playing about 3-4 years ago with my father and was immediately hooked. I loved the beautiful world, the magic that I could engulf myself in. I wasn't all too interested in leveling so it took me about a month to hit level 16, but once I discovered RP servers leveling went down the drain.

I'm a pretty giggly, silly person. I am a teenage girl, and I suppose that comes with the territory. Of course I know when to be serious, and I'm a very devoted RPer, but I prefer being silly 70% of the time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the US and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My father introduced me to WoW. He was a devoted player and spent all his time playing, so of course I was interested in this fantasy world he'd jumped into. After much resistance, he gave in and taught me how to play.

What made you seek our server over others?:
To be quite honest, I didn't actually find this server. My best friend and I have been RPing together for four years and she was seeking a private roleplay server. I wasn't very avidly searching, but she insisted this was legit so of course I gave it a go. :D

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As I've learned relatively recently, often times the "relaxed" roleplay doesn't satisfy me. I enjoy starting a little drama, having a little romance, picking a little fight. But most of all I enjoy creating an elaborate story to tell. Although I do like playing with others, most of the times other roleplayers don't exactly accept my characters. (Sounds like high school! x]) Maybe it's just the roleplay servers I've been to, but it's why I keep a close circle of people who I can roleplay with to my heart's content.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh, I have to choose one? Hmm... my favorite race, not necessarily to roleplay with, but in general is probably the undead. They amuse me to no end! Especially when a good roleplayer really plays on the comedy that can be associated with the decaying creatures.

My favorite class is druid. Again, not necessarily to roleplay with. My first character was a druid, and I simply love playing them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really expect a fine class of roleplayers. I've found roleplaying private servers before, but often times the roleplayers are simply terrible. x( I also don't want to be attacked for having a sense of humor. I completely respect the rules, and I never mean to offend, but... Like I said, I'm a silly person and I hope the roleplayers here can play along with me. :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, I like this Introduction one. It's very assuring that the administrators of this server take the time to carefully choose who they allow in their world.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here's a little something from an old forum roleplay (different forum) that my friend and I worked on together. :)

“The others got away, ma'am. But we were able to catch this one,” she hissed, angrily snarling at the vampire who was struggling in her iron grip. Claire walked up to him, his eyes not daring to look into hers, though the same furious expression stained his face. She looked up at him, placing her fingertips lightly upon his cheek and his eyes finally met hers.

Claire gasped, staring into those familiar eyes, unable to break the gaze. As violet as the flowers themselves, yet resembling the color of lavender. That gorgeous being that she was so proud of. The person who she adored with every fiber of her being—the only person she ever truly loved with her whole heart, a love that she could not possibly explain in words. Unbreakable… unmarred… She was gazing into the eyes of her only beloved, her son.

“Donovan…?” she whispered, placing her other hand on his cheek. He stared at her with wide eyes, unable to speak or flinch, though his face reflected fear and confusion. Questions pounded and echoed in her empty mind. Why was he still alive? Why was he a vampire? Was he always a part of the clan? Did he know who she was? Who turned him?

The questions didn't matter, he was her son. There, in front of her… cursed to the everlasting night. The same night that brought them apart, and now back together.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, I would like to ask one thing. You mentioned in the rules that vulgar language wouldn't be allowed in public channels. Does that include the more common curse words? (Such as damn, for example)

Also, I hope you don't see my comments above as trying to be defiant. >.< I'm just trying to be honest.
The best course of action is to completely avoid cursing in the public channel, IC it's just fine but in /chat or elsewhere public it might offend someone and cause unnecessary drama, and we don't want that, do we!

Welcome to the server!