Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aedein`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing World of Warcraft for around 4 years now, but discontinued my retail membership due to financial difficulties. As a result of this, I decided to search for a solid Private Roleplaying Community. I used to play on Wyrmrest Accord, as a Blood Elf Paladin. I was always 'that one guy with an overactive imagination, coming up with random subplots for characters, and staying up late trying to decide what my character has in his plans for the next day' type of guy. I take roleplaying seriously, and I'm hoping that I will fit well into CoTH

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in Wisconsin, with a primary language of English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It's quite a long story actually. One day, I was sitting around playing Runescape, when my best friend burst through the door and showed me the new game he had just bought. The moment I went over to his house and watched him log on for the first time, I knew I needed that game. So, a few weeks later, I went out and bought the game. I can honestly say that that was one of the most intelligent decisions I've ever made.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, there were two main reasons. Reason one, was because the server seemed stable, and like it had been running for a couple years, so I felt I could depend on the availability. Reason number two, was because when I searched Youtube for videos of RP Private servers, nearly all of the servers were either down, or unappealing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy anything that I could see my character doing. That goes from Boar hunting, to bar hopping, to lazy nights on the beach, to maybe even a little scuffel. I'm pretty much into anything that will make my character have something to do and be active with, aside from ERP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really enjoy the lore behind Blood Elves, and especially the Blood Knights (Paladins). I find them interesting, and the class is complex enough where I can find ways to use my character's powers for good or evil that are unique to him/her.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that this Server will have constant RP for me to jump into, but not so demanding that I can't just sit back and grind a couple boars if I feel like killing something.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really like the Rule: Respect everyone, because it seems like alot of places I go to don't enforce respect, and that quite honestly gets on my nerves a little bit. I'm glad you'll be enforcing this!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll do this as soon as I've been accepted, since I'm in kind of a time crunch, and I'd like to give you the best it can be.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
-Edit-
I actually do have a few questions.
Question 1: I saw that you need Gruntship to get to level 80, what level am I allowed to reach without being a Grunt?
Question 2: Am I allowed to bring in a character that I've already created on a retail server, and continue his story here?
Thanks in advance, Aedein.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.

You're fine as long you don't ding 51, 56 for death knights. That is, you can level up to 50 before you're a grun and have had your profile approved, a death knight can't level at all though.

You're free to bring over a character from retal as long as he fits within the setting here on CotH, no sons of Illidan or world saving epic paladins, I'm sure you get the idea, hehe.