Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Yojimbo`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player I like to have fun first, but I also consider myself somewhat competitive, but moreso in life than in games. I consider myself a team player, I always have more fun playing with other people. WoW is a huge world, and it's definitely not as fun to explore it on your own.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm born and raised in Canada, and my primary language is English. I speak a little French but not a lot to be considered fluent. Est-que tu vous allez a la toilet?

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been playing Blizzard games since I was 10 years old. Got hooked on Starcraft, and eventually progressed to Warcraft 3. It was there that I got hooked on DOTA for a while, playing competitively with a clan over Battle.net. Eventually I was lured into World of Warcraft by a friend, and before I knew it most of my highschool friends were playing WoW on private servers.

I've always enjoyed fantasy games/novels/movies, which is why I think Warcraft is so appealing to me. It takes you into it's own world, and your able to immerse yourself in it with it's great story and lore.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I heard about RP servers from a friend who plays WoW on the real servers, and it intrigued me. The idea of getting into character and sticking in it while you played sounded like a lot of fun. Eventually it lead me to google "WoW RP Private Servers" and Conquest of the Horde came up first.

After browsing on the forums it is clear to me why this private server is worth the application process. The community is clearly serious, and tightknit about what they want from each other. Not everyone can play on Conquest of the Horde, which means you won't see people who are immature or dumb. It's common for other Private Servers to have players who don't communicate with one another, and just do their own thing. From the vibe that I get from Conquest of the Horde, I don't think that'll be a problem.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Growing up I always loved drama class, so whenever I get to play or portay a new persona it's fun. I'd probably have a good time just chatting with other players as an Orc or even a Bloodelf.

Fighting in WoW is always fun, I do like to PvP as well as raid/instance. Being partied up is a lot of fun, and it'd be interesting to experience the type of funny situations that one might encounter when in a party of diverse personalities/players.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race would be Tauren or Bloodelf. In terms of Class definitely Rogue. I love the versatility that rogues have, there are so many ways to play a rogue even though they are primarily damage dealers. They also have the ability to wield a wide range of weapons, and poisons are a fun way of increasing DPS. Lockpicking is also amazing and worthwhile, and in PVP there aren't a lot of classes that can top a properly specced and geared Rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to give me a great roleplaying experience. Where every encounter with a new player brings something fun or interesting. Something that other servers lack. Also judging by the rigidity of the initiation process, a higher quality of players who like to have fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing, it's what got me so interested in this server. I'd definitely want to play in a world where everyone is in character. So when I encounter other players they don't just run by or not talk when I ask them things. Also being able to play as a persona just seems like a lot of fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll complete this section later. Right now I'm more interested in getting a taste for what CotH has to offer.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
None! Hopefully I can make it through the introduction process this time since my first one was too short.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.