Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Raethas`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Talking about myself is not something I enjoy, but bah, here it goes. I've been playing WoW for three years. Also where I got my start RPing. As far as a bit about my life, I'm majoring in computer technology at a community college, hope to be getting a job here come summer. Always a good time with graduation. Umm, I'm a guy who enjoys people, making new friends and just over all having fun. It's a game, that's what you do. Dislikes, I guess would include horrible horrible lore breakers, people who take rp way too seriously, and I mean yelling at people oocly for ic happenings.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, specifically Mississippi. I do speak English and it is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into through my friends. I held off for a few years before finally they sat me down to play it and I just got hooked. The aspect of community and the UI caught me. before I had been playing free ware MMO's. This caught me me more then the others.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've heard many good things about the server and that your rp and the ways one must go through all these things in order to be able to even join. I thought it was a wonderful way to keep trolls and the such out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Really, I love all roleplaying really. A bit unspecific but yeah. The only type I don't like is the whole 'you stole my lover, no she's mine' love triangle confusion trifecta.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have two really. My most favorite being paladin, the rp behind them, especially the Draenei paladins, are fun and create varied and interesting characters. My other would have to be a warlock. To me, they just are fun. Their rp is much more dark and much more serious side of the whole evil sort of rp. They can look the most regal in robes of deep purples but have the blackest hearts, fooling many. Unless of course you have sense demons. But in all seriousness, those are my two favorites because of the rp and story lines you can do with them.

My favorite race would have to be Draenei, even if the lore is a bit...lacking. I think that Blizzard does give enough lore to give them an even background, even if some of the factions are not as covered.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are high for this server. I've heard many good things about it from previous people who have been here and how swiftly things are taken care of.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. This one stuck out the most. I don't know how many times I've had to deal with people double or even triple my age who still hadn't learned or cared to show such.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Southshore, still laid silent in the early morning hours. The only light visible was that of the rising sun which had barely poked his peak over the soft blue ocean. Two men stood at the docks watching the it. One was a human male standing about 5'11", and his hair was as black as the night itself. A very clean-cut man, with a dagger at his side coult have been mistaken for a rogue had it not been for priestly garments that clothed his body. Though not the white robes of most, they still shown of glimpse of holy light. The other was a high-elf standing just a bit higher then the male, around 6'1". He wore a staff which was strapped to his back. His body was very nimble looking, and could be seen through his form fitting leather pants and jerkin. His face though was covered by a wrap, all save his eyes.

They stood there, no words being exchanged. They finally turned to eachother and nodded and pivoted 180 degrees and started to walk, each grabbing a large knapsack on the grass at the start of the peir and throwing it over their shoulder, towards The Kingdom of Alterac. As they passed it by they began to chat about the Lorderan and the stories they had heard. They didn't take the high road up the mountains to Alterac. No, Lorderan was their destination, and as they approached the smell of death and decay became more apparent and pungent. Both men came to an abrupt halt as they stood upon the threshhold of the Scourge domain. They could see where the dead began and where the living began.

"Soareck, this is awful." The elf said as he looked out to the wasteland.

"I know...an awful place, it is Kal'theros. Hmmm...well let us see if we can purge this place...It is big but worth a try." Soareck looked at the elf with a smile.

It was mid-day at that point and they set out to kill as many of the scourge forces as humanly possible.

Night came and the two quickly set up camp. Quickly and quietly trying to keep from drawing attenion to it...Small campfire used for cooking the the bear and boar meat they had hunted and bought. Pitched tents provided no protection but veiled themselves from the Scourge's hollow eyes.

Soareck laid there staring at the ceiling of his tent when he heard footsteps out side. He looked out and slowly made his way to Kal'theros's tent. He moved the flap to reveal nothing but a small blanket and pillow. Thinking he had only left to get some air or to heed to the call of nature, he went back to his tent and fell asleep.

By morning Kal'theros had still not returned. Soareck grew a bit worried as he moved out of his tent. He looked around the immediate area, looking for any signs of which way he went. Finally, he saw a small dot to the east and as it grew closer saw the familiar outline of Kal and his staff. Within minutes he was within hearing distance.

"Where have you been? Were you gone all night?"
"Yes, I was scouting this place and found a nice village."
"A Village?!?" Soareck could not fathom the words. Had there been a village spared from the scourge?

"Yes...Caer Darrow. Though there are no souls there to speak to...they are all dead."
"Ah...Yes I heard of that tragedy. The owners of the Barov Mansion went crazy, from what they say in Stormwind."
"Yes...but...I saw someone there."
"A survivor?"
Shakes his head. "No, an acolyte...human...he ressurected the dead...I did not believe him...He then showed me the truth in his words. He showed me the power...behind his actions..." Kal's pupil's slowly spread with the darkness inside. "Can you see...He was more powerful then I...I wanted to kill him yet he...I was too afraid...he showed me fear. Soareck...you must come...the library is extensive, the teacher's nice. A wonderful school."

Kal knew Soareck too well. He could see the light fading from him...day by day. This pushed Soareck over the edge. Soareck sighed and looked at him, "Legion owned I would guess?"

Kal smiled. "Yes..."
Soareck looked to him, "I am sorry...but you must die for what you have done."

"Die?" Kal laughed haughtily, "Before the moon hangs high in the night sky you shall come with me."

Soareck ran at him in mid-sentence sending his dagger for Kal's chest. Kal swirled around letting Soareck brush past him and, grabbing for his staff, sent it into Soareck's back.

"Why Soareck? Why make this so difficult? You could have anything you want. You can take what you want...even bring back the dead. Think Soareck....an army...at your disposal. You have seen it too Soareck...the light is dimming in this world. The 'mighty' paladins have all but corrupted it." Kal's words were soft yet powerful as the met Soareck's ears.

Soareck slowly stood up readying his dagger again. He lunged again aiming at Kal's shoulder and missed again. Kal twirled again and sent his staff toward Soareck's back but missed as Soareck ducked under the staff and came up quickly sending his dagger.

"Now Kal...who is weak?" Soareck said haughtily. Kal started to laugh, the sound reverberating and growing stronger. Soareck looked up to see him staring behind him. Soareck slowly turned his head and saw a human, wear glasses.

"Is this the man Kaizer?" The man smiled cold-heartidly.
"Yes, this is Soareck." Kal said happily.

Soareck ripped the dagger from Kal's stomach and kicked himover onto the ground and turned to the man ready to attack

"Oh? You want to fight me..." The man laughed as he said this looking from Soareck to Kal, "Kaizer, get up. It is not good to lay down on the job."

"Sorry Dr. Krastinov..." Said Kal slowly getting to his feet and brushing himself off.

Soareck did not wait for anything, he knew he had to leave and that was the only way out was to kill them and run. He dropped the dagger and muttered a few words, as he raised his hand to the sky. He brought them down quickly and a pillar of fire came down upon Krastinov. Soareck then turned to Kal and threw a smite spell at him and then began to back away. From the pillar Krastinov emerged, a small bright ember still on the shoulder armor. "Hmmmm...Kal was right...the light has begun to become corrupted. That was stronger then most...Soareck, what is your view on paladins?"

Soareck blinked almost amazed that a man of the darkness was hardly scathed from the attack. "They are pompous asses who belive they are gods when they are weak..."

"What would you like to do with them?"
"Kill most of them...though there are some who are good"
"You may do that here...our dark arts will assure your quick win against them..."

Soareck stood there a bit in thought and walked to Krastinov and kneeled before him. "Sir," He said ,"Your pupil I shall become."

Krastinov grinned from ear to ear, "Very well...you will start your studies with necromatic rituals and runes, then moving on to the library to get books and the such, after that you will come to me and I can start your training with the development of plagues and torture. Kal will be with you as well." Krastinov grabbed his blade quickly from its sheath and stabbed it into Soareck's shoulder. "One more thing...Never attack me." Pulled the sword back and returned it to it's sheath and, turning his back, left Kal and Soareck to follow.

((I did this story about 3 years ago with my first character. He actually ended up breaking free of the scourge later on. It still could use some modifications. I'll go back and proofread and finish the last part to it when I move up. I hope you did enjoy it.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have no questions that I can think of at this time, everything seems very self explanatory. As far as anything to add, I hope you approve and see me as a good addition to this roleplaying community.
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!