Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Driftstorm`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am a 19 year old male, living on the east coast of the United States. While in college, I spend more time fiddling about with games than I should, but I manage to bounce back one way another with it, if regretfully so. My hobbies have been video games, reading a mix of genres, and occasional self-gratifying writing. By no means do I have the gall to call myself a professional writer, though.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As stated above, I live in the USA, and was born in it. I've lived on the east coast all my life, and it may stay that way. English is my only language, and I only understand snippets and odd pieces of other languages.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
An idea that seems incredibly far off. It's like I've been playing WoW my whole life. I've played it since 6 months after it's release, and not once have I cancelled my subscription. I've gone on a hiatus of it for weeks sometimes, but never had the thought of "quitting" ever crossed my mind.

What got me in was the media. It had a growing playerbase and good feedback. When I got in, I made friends, and landed myself a sense of belonging. Then I got into RP, and fell into several player plots, and developed my own. I wasn't necessarily as good as I'd have liked to be in RPing, but I had a good start, in my opinion.

Some of those friends I still know, after 4 and a half years, and some I dearly miss to this day.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A reference, actually. Another player who recently joined suggested this one to me. I thought it couldn't hurt to step in and see how things rolled.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all of them, at the right moment, and if they fit into the mood. It's always good to have a flow to it all. Such as after a good fight RP with the opposing faction, it feels relieving to just settle back down in a tavern or bar and have a few drinks with comrades or friends from the fight.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
What I enjoy the utterly most in terms of RP is what I plan on making first; a troll rogue.

Trolls in general are a fun bunch. They keep it real, have a wide tribe diversity (which just means a lotta fighting), and a curious history, which dates back to the pre-Sundering Azeroth. But trolls are just outright fun to play. I like how they look, how they act, and what they bring to the table in the world of Warcraft.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are at least some focus on roleplaying, which would surpass the retail's level of RP. Blizzard made their game for people who wanted to "play the game". I want to find a server that shaped WoW for those who want to RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
While I find all of them simply a necessity to maintaining a decent RP server, "Faction NPC Deaths" is the one that stands out the most. For the longest time in retail, if you kill an NPC of a certain faction, it really had no effect unless it you went on a complete massacre.

The guard abuse policy which ties into it, as well, is a curiousity. In retail, guards were generally ignored if you did socially unacceptable behavior, simply because they were guards. But here, if I understand correctly, the guards actually serve a purpose is terms of RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
TO DO

KINGSBLOOD<scribbled out>
FOOD
WATA
SLEEP<scribbled out>
XROAD RUN

The objectives of his day, all scrawled on the back of a piece of scrap parchment, dug from trash. He never has enough ink to write everything down, so he writes what's most important. Unmindful of how obvious they may be, of course.

Today, Zeriniki couldn't get anything to eat until he got paid from a quick delivery job, from Durotar over to the Crossroads in the Barrens. It hasn't been his first, and he's been as far as Mulgore on foot, but it doesn't make running on empty any less painful.

Like the usual runs, he would get up at 5 in the morning, pick up the delivery from a seedy looking establishment in Orgrimmar, bypass the grunts at the west gate, and make a morning jog south. On the odd occasion he would find time to fill up his canteen at the Southfury River so he could scratch out "WATA" from his list.

Not this time, though. He figures it'll take him another half-hour, and he's supposed to race his ass down there before the sun rears it's shiny head over the accursed Barrens. Assuming he gets there without problems. It's always been a pretty rough ride, since there's a Venture Company site a stone's throw from his path, and harpies get brave enough to go far from their nest now and then.

For the longest time, Zeriniki's always wondered what the harpies really are, and why he's never seen any male ones. He wouldn't be hesitant to fulfill the role for a night. But if his native land taught him anything.. a flock of women, no men, and a heap load of bones is generally a very, very bad omen.

By sunrise, and a kingsblood blunt later, Zeriniki was cashing in his delivery with a troll at Crossroads. He took a pouch of silver and was ready to move on, until his ex-contractor reeled him back in. "'Ey, Zee." he called him back in Troll.
"Sup?" Zeriniki lazily twirled back around with a turn of his heel.
"Fast mover, you know that?"
"Yea'. 'Bout it?"
The contractor troll gave a shrug. "Wanna 'nother job?"
It piqued Zerinki's interest with a flutter of his eyelids. "A'igh'. Whatcha wan'?"
"You see, mon. I gots, ah.. this mon back in town. Wants me to go down south. You dig?"
"Sure, I dig."
The troll gaves a wide grin between his tusks. "Good." He tosses a shovel to Zeriniki, who catches it in his hands with a stumble back. "Bug eggs, mon. Go down south, find 'em in the Field of Giants, and dig up some. Pay's good, see?"

Zerinki snorted. He was being asked to go play in dirt, apparently. And even get paid for it. "Bugs? Seriously?"
"Seriously." The other troll nudged Zerinki along. "You go do something for us for once. For the tribe, you know?"
"Whatever." Zerinki was pushed along, slinging the shovel onto his shoulder and off to get something to eat before he went to go dig up ant eggs or something.

TO DO

KINGSBLOOD<scribbled out>
FOOD
WATA
SLEEP<scribbled out>
XROAD RUN<scribbled out>
BUG EGGS

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at the current moment, no. But I'm sure some day down the road I will.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.