Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: corbinjurgens`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I used to play games a lot, but I less often do so as I'm focusing more on my school work. The first game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot 1 for PSone which is my favourite game series still today (any game developed by Naughty Dog is great). Currently I'm playing Bioshock 2 on PC, I liked the first one and the second is even better! But every now and then I miss WOW but I can't always play it since I don't often top up my retail account - I only top it up about twice a year. So I seek out free servers, but usually only play them for two seconds because they're not very good most of the time; they either have no english speakers - or terribly lag. This server, however, seems great, simply by looking around the forum and everyone seems nice.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from New Zealand, and primarily speak English. My secondary language is Japanese which I am going to University (New Zealand word for 'College') next year to study.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had interest in the game after playing the trial and so my friend bought me an account because he played it. I've been playing retail on and off for about 3 to 4 years.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A friend told me about it - said I should join because it's great, it actually has English speakers, and has got a really good latency.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've never tried any type of role-play but after having a look around the forums, I think I have a good idea what it's about and so I'm looking forward to trying it out!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I feel most familiar with the warrior class, it's usually the first class I go for when I play a new game that has the option of class simply because compared to the other options, I feel that they are the most easy to understand and play. But I have tried other classes, and I definitely liked Paladins - my second favourite class. Probably the only class I don't like to play is Shaman because I'm not into the totem thing.

Even though It's not my favourite race, I always pick Blood Elfs because I like the way they look and my favourite place (out of the places the characters begin) is the Blood Elf's one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be fun, and for there to be no idiots, because an idiot would be too lazy to do this introduction.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the 'Keyboard Skills' rule the most. Nothing annoys me more than bad English and lack of capitals & full stops (New Zealand word for period).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I sit here, staring blankly at the computer screen, easily distracted by the TV in the background. I struggle to focus, my eyes wandering as I think, which feels like the hardest thinking of my life... I can't figure out what to write. Ideas come, but easily slip away. I'm thinking of all the things I should be doing rather than sitting here watching the reflection of the TV in the computer screen like my doing homework, which is staring me right in the face at my desk. I get a glimpse of the time. Seeing that it's almost midnight I realize I better think of something fast or I'll be up all night. I scan my brain for anything...ANYTHING! Unexpectedly something clicks, I snicker to myself as the idea I've been waiting for comes to me. You can't write without inspiration, and I've found the inspiration I needed...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This is the second time I've posted this, I did one about 3 days ago but It never showed up so I did another one just in case.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you have find your way around the server, making sure to drop by our wiki, FAQs, Rules/Policies, and spent time reading the stickies found around the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The community is always helpful!

Oh! And make sure to /join chat when joining the server. It is our OOC chit-chat channel.

<333

Cressy