Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: LizzieMae`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing WOW since 2005; I have been afraid to do any Roleplay (partly because I am a lazy typist) but secretly I want to very much. I normally have a “role” in mind for each of my “Toons” but nothing so structured as outlined here. The idea is very appealing as well as intimidating.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America. While I took Spanish in high school, that was so many years ago I have forgotten more than I learned, if that is possible! :) Today I speak only English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Before my divorce I hated it because my ex disappeared into his “office” and played it all the time. After the divorce, we all started playing it as a family, my ex-, my daughter and I. Now I love it, but find that I am a “new Toon junkie” in that I get bored with leveling and/or just playing the game. I believe that is one of the main things that draws me to role play.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have played on Roleplay (“RP”) servers on retail where no one actually does any RPs. I find it both sad and disappointing. The fact that you take it seriously shows me that, if allowed, I could learn and enjoy the real thing here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I know this may be the straw that breaks my chances but truth is, I have no idea and I am actually shy! So the relaxing “tavern” RP may be too intimidating as a starting place. I think I would like to start with a small group of 2 or 3 total where I could get an introduction to RP without that intimidation factor and I would like to try both kinds.... smile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is hard for me, I believe at one time or another I have played all the races and classes in WoW. I used to love the Gnome race because of their intelligence and general demeanor, but I also like the Night Elves due to their relationship with Nature and yes, the Matriarchal society appeals to me as well. I love the way the NE women fight, and the Gnomes just keep on coming, so to speak, in a fight.

I like the story behind the Draenei, but I do not enjoy the way they move or the way they fight. The same with the Tauren who are also larger than life physically. I know that it is RP, but somehow I tend to “become” part of my characters and if I cannot “feel” a connection, as with the Tauren or Draenei, then I will not stay with that Toon.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are limited by my lack of experience. I would like to learn the art of RP, I would like to participate with people who take RP seriously and would not mind educating someone who is new at the craft.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
First is the respect issue. I believe that we should always be respectful of other players, no matter what their level of expertise, as long as they are making the effort to improve. (Yes, I know just a bit self-serving.) :) But I had a difficult time between that one and tolerance as they seem to be part and parcel of each other (at least to me); respecting another can mean being tolerant of things which are difficult, different, or incomprehensible at times.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Due to my lack of experience, I would like to do this later, once I get a feel for the rhythm of RP, I appreciate your allowing us to do this.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really, I am not the least bit sure of who or what my character will be, should you allow me the privilege of working with you, but I do need to say, my play time is limited. I work afternoon/evenings and my shift changes every 3-4 months. I hope that does not mean I cannot join, but I do not want to mislead you either.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you have find your way around the server, making sure to drop by our wiki, FAQs, Rules/Policies, and spent time reading the stickies found around the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The community is always helpful!

Oh! And make sure to /join chat when joining the server. It is our OOC chit-chat channel.

<333

Cressy

PS. That is fine, we have players from all over the worlds, so there is usually atleast a hand full of people on at all times.