Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Medb`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi there! I've been playing World of Warcraft for about 3 years now, and I'm not ashamed to say that I am quite addicted, haha. I'm more about community and socialness, rather than playing solo. I quit the official WoW a few months ago, and I've been hoping to find a relatively decent private RP server, and hopefully I've found one.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Currently, I live in the United States. And my primary language is definitely English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had always been interested, since it was made public. But a few years back a friend of mine almost forced me to start playing, ha. Ever since, I've put WoW as my number one online game.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, I've been searching for decent and fun RP for quite some time. Even on a few of the official Warcraft servers, good RP was hard to find. After quitting, I did some research, and I found this server. I've been reading through the rules and such, and I quite love the fact that you have to apply to play. That gives me hope that there will not be much "twinkage" on this server!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm very into 'Taven Roleplay,' and adventuring styles. I rarely do battle scenarios involving action or danger, although I can do so if necessary to the story. I prefer to Roleplay in groups of a relatively moderate size, but I do sometimes RP as a 'Story Teller' to help myself get more intune with my character. I feel that unless you've really thought about your character, and experimented with their background story / history, it's hard to RP well with them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite class would have to be Druids. I love the versatility of the class itself, ranging from healer, offensive magic, and melee fighters. I also love to RP with druids, because they're quite mystical and reserved, and that fits me quite well.

My favourite race, from the horde, would have to be Blood elves. I love that they're quite an elegant yet strong people, and still relatively mystical. I tend to RP with them in more of an assertive style.
Out of the Alliance, I would definitely pick Night Elves. Again, the elegance and mysticalness of the race and it's history is enough to make me fall in love with them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hmm, my expectations? Generally, I do not raise my expectations much for private servers. But due to the fact that you must first apply for this one, I do hope that it's worth it. I've read some good reviews on this server, and have seen it mentioned on a few WoW RP sites, so I do expect this one to keep me interested.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules that appeal to me most, and I cannot pick between either of these, are "Maturity" and "Keyboarding skills." Maturity, because despite the fact that I am still in my teens, maturity is a big thing for me when it comes to Roleplay. If I wanted to act stupid, I'd go hang out with my friends, haha. But now, this doesn't mean that I refuse to RP in a silly manner. I will just only do so when appropriate to the storyline / situation.
My second choice, Keyboarding skills, is beyond important to me. I'm very into grammar, when roleplaying. Now, I'm definitely not a 'Grammar Nazi," as some would say, but I do appreciate being able to decipher what is being typed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Since there's no scenario or anything to go off of, I'll just do a simple RP of my character in a tavern, haha.

"Sitting towards the back left corner of the slightly populated city tavern, the young druid gently lifts a glass jug of beautifully bronze ale to his parched lips. Gulping down quite a bit of the liquid substance, he then places the jug back onto the brown oak wood table beside him. After lifting a rather old looking novel, medium in size, from his lap, he cracks it open towards the middle and begins reading silently. The noise level grows in the public tavern as the night progresses, and his irritation grows along side it. He was hoping tonight would be a calm night, but he realizes his obvious mistake. Leaving the jug on the table, he stands up with haste, slams his book together and shoves it into a satchel hanging from his right shoulder. Storming out of the tavern, he mutters something under his breath. A quick cerulean flash surrounds his body as he shapeshifts into a hawk and flaps away into the night sky, hoping to find a more serene spot to continue his reading."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing, really. It's all quite self explanatory. I've read the rules and policies, so there shouldn't be anything else that I need to know.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you have find your way around the server, making sure to drop by our wiki, FAQs, Rules/Policies, and spent time reading the stickies found around the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The community is always helpful!

Oh! And make sure to /join chat when joining the server. It is our OOC chit-chat channel.

<333

Cressy