Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zrog`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I like to enjoy myself. If it means beying annoying, I will be annoying (of course, with limits and not making enemies), if I want to be drunk IC (if my character is indeed in favour towards that), I will be drunk... I think you get the ideia.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Well... I'm from Portugal so... I will have to say that my primary language ain't english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into warcraft 3 years ago, with the world of warcraft. I have always played on original european realms and, until 1 year ago, I tried roleplaying there... I played warcraft 3 first, then the expansion, read wowwiki, asked questions so that I could know the lore behind this great universe.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The roleplayers in the original realms are not real Roleplayers. Blood Elves want novels and dramas... the alliance just wants lore behind the Light and Paladins in general... there ain't no real Roleplay there... and Blizzard doesn't do anything about the other players that ruin the experience, like off-topic, naked dancers... you get the ideia.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Tavern Roleplay
Small group conversations
A talk between me and a friend about life

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Class:
-Mage and Rogue
Mage because I like the mistery behind magic... and sometimes use magic skills, not to fight, but to impress the people.
Rogue because I like to sometimes be the out-going rogue that haves a couple of drinks and likes to party... but deep inside, hes a sensitive guy and would die to defend his friends with agility.

Races:
- Blood Elf, Dwarf or Tauren:
Blood Elf because of their lore. Nothing else to say.
Dwarf because I always liked their out-going and "relaxing" ways of living. Their city is my favorite of them all. The beard (joke).
Tauren because of their believes, the Earth-mother and the spirits.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well... since this is a private Roleplaying server, I expect it to have Game Masters ready to help making the server a better place for all.
I hope it haves a large amount of people that think the same way.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule about Maturity...
People need to be mature, not immature enough to say "I am in charge, I am god, I do what I want and if I say I kill/shoot/injure you, then you better accept that fact"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Two decades ago, two orcs felt in love and thus, they married and had two strong childreen: Zrog and Kruul.
Kruul decided that, when he grow older, he wanted to be a orgrimmar grunt. Zrog, in the other hand, was lazy and never cared about his future. Zrog helped his parents at the farm in Dorutar since he was 6 years old. When he made 13, they moved to Orgrimmar and his parents decided to open a inn. He helped his parents at the inn while his brother, two years older than him, was busy learning how to use a axe with his former Tauren warrior neighbor. Zrog didn't like his brother because he felt that his brother was too lazy enough to actually work with him and his parents so he asked his parents if he could learn how to fight with the help of a family friend named Mojin, a local troll living near Orgrimmar, in Sen'jin Village. In order to do that, he had to live there for some time. His parents allowed that and he moved to Sen'jin Village when he was 14 years old. There, he learn the art of stealth and assassination with his friend. He stayed there for 4 years, in other words, until he was 18 years old. When his training was over, he went back to Orgrimmar and visited his parents. Still at the local inn, things where the same... except his brother did joined the Horde army, leaving his family in Orgrimmar. Beying his parents old, he stayed there for only 2 years and decided to live on his own. He now lives in small inn's... looking for jobs... it can involve assassination, stealing and spying.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Question: If you accept me, does that mean I have to stop playing on the "original" european realms? I have learned how to do it (joining your private server) but I am kinda confused how to join your server then, when I want, go back to the original, then if I want, comming back here... I think you get the question.
Approved!

Be sure to read the rules, wiki, FAQ, policies and the like if you haven't already.

As for going back to the original realms? Just change your realmlist back to the Official Blizzard one!
Two new questions if you may:
1st - I have updated to patch 3.3.3 when it came, what now? (since you play 3.3.2) Remember, I still want to play on the retail european realms.
2nd - I heard that I have to create a character profile before I hit level 40... where do I do that?

That is all and thank you for the aproval.

EDIT: Nevermind... found the answer to question number one.
Still, need a answer for number two :oops:
Character profiles can be submitted at any time during a character's existence. You can do this when the character is freshly created or just as he hits 50, which is this server's pre-Gruntship level cap. While some people never submit profiles and keep their characters below the level cap, this isn't advised. Being 80 is awesome!

Character profiles are ways for the staff and community to accept another person's character: his background, his personality, his physical traits. It gives us the opportunity to ensure that everything is up to snuff and appropriate within both the universe and the server's standards. That sounds much more intimidating than it really is, but that's essentially what happens.

Once you have a profile created, you will post it in the Character Profiles section of the forums. It should use the character sheet template found on our wiki. If you need help, you can use the numerous resources found on the Creating a Character article. If you're only looking for feedback before making an official submission, you can post in the Workshop instead.

As you twiddle your fingers anxiously waiting to see if your character will be approved or denied, the community may post replies to your thread with feedback. This is intended to help you! If there are any glaring inconsistencies, they'll be noted and you'll be encouraged to change them. Some time during your wait, staff members will look over your profile. They'll either give you an Initial approval, suggestions to change, or outright deny your application. The latter only happens in rare cases where certain rules were blatantly disregarded. If suggestions were made, make the appropriate changes and reply to your post!

Once you get initial approval, your profile will be bumped to this section of the forums. This will give other staff members the opportunity to review your profile and make the final decision. This is typically where the real wait begins; my last profile has been in that section for, phew, almost two weeks now. However, once it's approved, you'll be able to level your character to 80 -- assuming that you've also completed your requirements for Gruntship.

A Grunt is the next level up from Peon, which is the rank that you typically hold after having your introduction accepted and made visible by the staff. As a Peon, your characters are incapable from leveling past 50. If you do so (in other words, if you continue leveling past 50 in a single sitting), you may log in to find your character locked. This is done to encourage players to become Grunts, who have no such restrictions. They are able to level select characters to 80 (specifically, ones with accepted profiles) and be rewarded for their efforts.

People can apply for their Gruntship as soon as one month after their initial acceptance. There are, however, a number of requirements that must be fulfilled:
A bit long, but a thorough answer to your question, Zrog. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask!
Given a brief look, yups! Looks like you've got it, Zrog; you even used the template, which is awesome. At this point the community will look over the profile, provide helpful suggestions if anything should be changed, and then hopefully a staff member will do the same. In particular, Rigley and Lucelia (the server's newest trial GMs) have been excellent at providing prompt feedback to profiles (and we love them for it!), so hopefully you'll see something within the next couple of days.

Good luck with your profile process!