Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dimetrix`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hey everyone, my name is Nick. I'm 18 this year and am entering college in May to pursue a diploma in accounting and then a degree in management accounting cum CIMA. I've been text role-playing for a few years now on various creative writing forums. When I just started out I was still infected by the Japan fad and my role-plays tended to be anime or video-game based role-plays. I grew out of that eventually and now I'm ready to take on the wonderful world of warcraft. I've always been a fantasy/sci-fi person with Lord of the Rings and Warhammer 40k being major influences for me. I have a pretty wild imagination if I say so myself. I love playing the guitar and recently got into skateboarding. I'm also a crazy football fan (soccer, but I don't like calling it that ; neither does the rest of the world.)

I've never played World of Warcraft before. I've played Warcraft 3 and I actively play Defense of the Ancients (DotA) online, but I've never played WoW (retail or private). I hope this will not prove to be a hindrance. I've played other online games before so game mechanics and stuff shouldn't be too hard to pick up.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Malaysia. It's bloody hot in this country. It's where the Petronas twin towers are. There's a F1 race here every season too : in Sepang. Malaysia is a multi-racial country with the Malay language being the national language. The general populace have no problem conversing in English though broken-English is widespread. I am Chinese. I can speak and write in the English language, Malay language and mandarin.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I think I played Warcraft 2 when I was really really young. I'm not that sure. It's just a shadow of a memory. Anyways, I played Warcraft 3 while I was still in high school, mainly playing DotA.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well the answer would definitely be 'role-playing'! I love to role-play. I love people who role-play. People who role-play are generally nice and are usually pretty knowledgeable and thus less annoying then certain gamers who only play to level up ; to bully new players ; or even worse, the kind who like to shout profanities and act like spoiled brats.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmmm. I guess my kind of role-play would be adventure role-play, with lots of action and suspense. I'm ok with both crowds and pairs.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night-elf. Why? Because of their feral grace. They are the ferocity that lies within the tranquil ; the calm that belies the unstoppable storm. Class? Probably archer, though warriors and druids are favorites of mine too. I also really like Orcs and Taurens.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to befriend nice people with considerable skill in both role-playing and writing in general and in doing so improve my own skills with the pen. Most importantly I want to have loads of fun and meet new and interesting people!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. Believe me, I've seen all sorts of immature behavior in all kinds of games. It annoys you. Truly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(OOC: This is actually an intro I entered in another creative writing forum not very long ago. It's not very long but it is fairly recent and is probably a good measuring stick for my current skill and style of writing. Also, I'm too lazy at the moment to write something else from scratch haha.)

The tavern door bursts open with a strong, solid thud. The once-muffled sound of the rainfall blows into the room, as loud but not as sharp as the sound of the lightning that fills the room with a dazzling white light for an instance. A cloaked stranger steps into the tavern and shuts the door behind him, strangling the voice of the rain yet again. He pulls his hood down and combs his wet black hair with his fingers. His brown eyes scan the room, unperturbed by the many orbs who were no doubt doing the same to this newcomer.

With a hand on the pommel of the sword hanging by his waist, Dimetrix walks over to a vacant table and takes a seat. Before the bartender can even ask if he would fancy some ale, he waves him away, saying ''Where I sit, ale does not. It has floored me more than once,'' he chuckles ''some water will be nice. My body does not take kindly to spirits.''

The bartender shrugs and brings him a mug of water. ''Where be your destination friend? You look like a man ready to kill.''

''Life is a battle my friend. I may wield a blade and wear plate, but that does not mean I am prepared to rip the gift of life from another man's heart. It means that I am ready to be defeated by life, as we all will be in the end ; it means I am ready to die and not regret the actions which have shaped me into what I am.'' says Dimetrix. He drains the mug of it's contents and lays it back down on the table. ''I am here to seek a company of men. Men like me. Word has traveled on the wind that there is a company that calls themselves...the *insert forum name here*.'' Dimetrix's brown eyes meet with the bartender's eyes. '' My blade would be theirs if they would deem it worthy.''

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
1)I've not played World of Warcraft before so I might not be up to speed with certain classes/items/events.

2)I'm naturally a confident guy. If I ever verge on or step into arrogance please don't mind too much (though I don't think I'll do that a lot. I used to be bloody arrogant when I was young but I've matured a lot since then. Anyways, I'm just stating this so that if I ever come off as arrogant, I don't mean it.) .

3) Once I enter the game do I just walk into town like a normal *insert race here* and do my thing until I get dragged into someone else s story/RP or do I find a group of people to RP with outside here first? That is to say, do I just play like I live in the WoW and let the wind bring my character where-ever his destiny is or do I agree to RP(including rough plot outline and roles and stuff) with a certain group of people before-hand?
Welcome-- To Conquest of the Horde!
Hello, my name is Walluce and I hope you have a fantastic time here with us on our humble roleplaying server. If you have any comments, concerns or questions not already answered on the wiki feel free to private message one of us colorful GM folk!

Happy roleplaying and I hope to see you in-game!
Lemme try and help clarify some of your questions.

1: No worries about it! Just before you make a character, try checking out the race on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowpedia.org]www.wowpedia.org</a><!-- w --> It has alot of good lore information that could help your character fit into the Warcraft world more!

2: Cool, cool. We're rather light here, no one gets worked up too much. It is the internet, after all.

3: It's all up to you! However, there are a number of guilds you can join which might bring you closer to the community and generally help you find some fun RP. If you are ever without RP, press 'o', go to 'who', and hit 'search'. It will tell you where alot of people are, and gives you an idea if it's a busy day or not! If that fails, try asking where people are RPing in the 'LookingForGroup' chat channel!

I hope this helped!
Thanks :D I hope I'll have a lot of fun role-playing with you guys :)