Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: xwizzard`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a casual gamer who looks for a story above anything else. I love RPG's and enjoy the immersive quality gameplay has on telling a story. I also enjoy strategy games, both turn-based and real-time. I played Halo for the story and left it lie. Competition is good in some games, but a non-stop kill fest without a reason or plot is not my idea of fun.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from a land of great diversity, the U.S.A. My home is Ohio, a region known for it's friendly inhabitants and unpredictable weather. My primary language is English. I know a few expressions from other languages, but nothing major.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I took the plunge right after the release of Burning Crusade. The client bundle at local stores dropped in price with the expansion's release and I decided to try the "new rage" in online games.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I played on the official WoW server and a few private servers before seeking out a private RP server. The official server was too crowded and chaotic for me. Most of the players were more concerned with items and levels. The private server was very competitive; constant duels and sneak attacks from opposing factions. I'm sure I sound like goldilocks looking for the "just right" server, but I have a feeling this is the place I fit in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything that promotes a story. I'd problably enjoy a small group best. Stories from a few other characters to develop and follow. Large groups might be confusing to start in, but may be easier with time.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That's pretty tough. I like the story behind each of the races. To see the reasons behind each faction and why they ended up where they did. If I had to choose just one character, it would have to be a draenei. The tragedy behind all of the races really begins with Sargaras recruiting and corrupting the eredar race. Without the man'ari the burning legion would be without the military strategy and magical prowess it currently has. In the face of the legion's destructive malice the fact that the draenei exist serves as a sign of hope for all enemies of the legion.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I believe this server will provide me access to other gamers with the same respect, enthusiasm, and love for a good story that I do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. I'm a honorable and respectful gamer, and expect to be treated similarly. I'ts wonderful to see a community that promotes this value.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
On a small secluded island there lived a pink murlock. Like any pink creature in the company of non-pink colored creatures, he was the center of much torment, the subject of many jokes, and the object of much gossip. Pinkie, which of course was the murlock's name, managed to live miserably for 2 years under such abuse. He would sleep during the day, go fishing late in the afternoon, and sit up all night trying to find a way out of his miserable state. Once while fishing he found a bed of seaweeds with exceptionally large leaves. He had heard the children's tale of giants in far away lands who wore colored skins and built great huts to live in. He figured if the giants could change their skins, he should be able to do the same. He gathered as many of the plants as he could carry and found a place away form the others to work. Several days passed, and the murlock village began to wonder what had become of their colorful neighbor. The gossip was full of speculation, the jokes became stale, and his absence became more and more noticable. One morning the village was greeted by a stranger. He seemed to wear skins like those of the giants from their fables. He told them that he was from an island far away where all of the murlocks were dressed like he was, and was suprised to see them all without a second skin. He instantly became the center of attention within the village. The mulocks gathered around the stranger and gaped at the cleverly crafted seaweed skin and the delicate shards of seashell which held the suit together. They each set out and began making their own suits, each with a slightly different pattern. When they were finished they gathered around the stranger and asked his approval. The stranger looked at them with a smile and said "We all are same aren't we?" The other murlocks looked around and saw that they all were, in fact wearing seaweed suits. They looked back to the stranger and agreed that they all were the same.

At that moment, nearly 10,000 miles away the battle between the Burning Legion and Kaldorei reached a critical point in their battle. The well of eternity collapsed, splitting the world apart, and destroying the small island and its inhabitants.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What IS the ultimate question; to life, the universe, and everything?
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.

And the answer to the question is 42.