Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: erozande`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I go by many nick names I have gathered over the years, but my real name is Bethany.
I am a casual, relaxed player looking to enjoy role playing with others players for a change instead of always playing retail. I've never done much role play, but I have always wanted to. I am fifteen, and currently a sophomore in high school, hoping to go to DigiPen after I graduate and achieve a bachelor of arts in video game design. I'm an artistic person with an open mind and I love to meet people. I enjoy horseback riding, drawing, camping, and love playing video games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the United States, in the state of Florida. My primary language would be English. I'm of a mix of German, northern European, and Swedish decent.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
One of my friends from childhood introduced me to World of Warcraft about four years ago. That was when I had developed a true craving for fantasy. The lore is rich and expansive and I know much of it. I'm well educated in how the lore functions.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I had tried several other private servers and grew sick of the thousands of players online at once. I admire quiet, small servers. I'm mainly looking to forge good friendships.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I imagine I would like all forms of role play. I like to make the best of any situation I'm thrown into and fend for myself. If my character were to be faced with a sticky situation of any sort with another player's character, assuring communication with them via OOC whisper would be just fine.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races include Forsaken and Draenei, and my lesser favorites include Bloodelves and Nightelves. But I admire all the races for their qualities and quirks. I've enjoyed Forsaken because of their morbid senses of humor and their ability to kill with little remorse. Sylvanas Windrunner is my all time favorite and most loved Warcraft lore figure. I love playing Draenei as well because they have a calm, cheery temperament and I think I would enjoy a lot of RP as one. Nightleves used to be a favorite of mine, but the stereotypical bubbly attention hoe of a restoration druid in a raid kind of ruined the feel. That's just one of several other reasons why I faction changed my hunter on retail.
My favorite classes are Hunters, Druids, and Shamans, due to their natural relations with the world around them. I'm an earthy girl who loves mountains, sunshine, creeks, bugs, snakes, and usually any crawling critter as long as I know it won't harm me. The only class I have deeply played into is the Hunter. I am inexperienced in the fields of Druids and Shamans, but would love to learn more about them. I love all of nature's creatures, but if they're part of the exotic pet trade, (we have a HUGE problem with that in South Florida where I live) I want them gone and to stop eating all of our native wildlife.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to meet players who are fun to run around with, be it sitting by a river in Nagrand or meandering through the Grizzly Hills, and mature people with good background stories for their characters. I do not enjoy jazzy drama at all. I've had enough run ins with that, and none of those situations even concerned me, but destroyed the guilds I was in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I admired your rules for respect greatly. It is an important value to me and has convinced me this server is just the place I'm looking for. For example, I once queued for Pit of Saron on retail and ran into a nasty holy paladin who loved to criticize everyone as though we were not human beings. How can someone be so rude? Mind boggling. 'Course karma got him in the end and he died on a boss fight for a stupid reason because he wasn't paying attention, and justice was served (and he even admitted it). That's what I hope I never encounter on this server if I am accepted and allowed to join.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here is a short story and a daydream I have often had float through my head when there's nothing else to do. This is not the RP character I would exactly intend to create, it's just a dream I have thought up, inspired by the bond my hunter and her spirit beast have:

Rivanth lay in the grass, staring up at the moons and planets in the darkened skies of Nagrand. Lockenvyr was curled around her, his eyes but faint slits of glowing, frost light. Her head rested against side and she could hear his deep, relaxed breathing. Just think. One day the rest of the world will be like this. And soon we will be able to free Harkoa and my kits. He spoke to her, lifting his massive head and locking her gaze. She lifted a hand, reaching behind her and scratched his left cheekbone fondly. We will. And you're right; its amazing at how peaceful Outland has become after Illidan was defeated.
The massive spirit beast leaned his head ito her touch and a deep, soft growl rumbled from his chest. I'm grateful you came along when you did. I got so lonely being separated from Harkoa. You ease my pains, and there is no other hominid I'd rather be with than you. After a few moments, he rolled onto his stomach and stood in a low crouch. Climb onto my back. Let's go for a run along the hills.
With a grin, Rivanth slid onto his back and gripped his nerveless scruff of fur. That doesn't bother you, does it? She asked, situating her seat on his back. Move up some--there you go. Perfect. He need not to give her instructions, she rode Shardra enough and she had impeccable balance on the back of many animals. He started down the hill at an easy walk. She listened to the sound of his massive paws pressing into the meadow grass below. From the edge of the trees they strode outward North, and Oshu'gun glittered lavender in the moonlight.
Once they had neared the bottom of the low hill, Lockenvyr took to the sloping, vast land of green paradise with a joyous run. His body sunk lower to the ground, his stride long. Rivanth laughed, looking out to the outlandish, stunning moonlit world before them. The blades of grass glimmered blue, and the floating islands in the skies hovered silently, their waterfalls plummeting down until gravity eventually divided the pillars of water in fine mists.
Lockenvyr ran for the east side of the large clearing, heading for the trees. She could feel his body moving underneath her. She lowered her body, looking between his tufted, large ears. He continued to the twisting, magnificent trees and Rivanth felt her heart skip a beat when he leapt for the great, sloping trunk of a tree. He dug his claws in to the smooth wood, climbing up the slowly inverting trunk. She laughed and then noticed there was a long, silvery purple feather nestled into a cluster of leaves.
Wait a moment, she thought to him and he paused. She plucked the feather from the vegetation and he set off at his climbing again. Find a treasure for us to keep? He asked, feeling her emotions of happiness and satisfaction purr in his thoughts warmly. I certainly did. She wove the feather into her dark, wild curls, tying it securely with a strip of cord from her pocket as he walked upon a level branch. She took hold of his thick mane again, and he jumped for a higher branch. He followed the tree's twisting curves, and then jumped to the outstretched branch of a neighboring tree. The feel of weightlessness that came with each leap sent her heart into dancing beat and cheery exclamations of the thrill. They shared and fed off of their mental connection of the endorphin rush.
While some cats find themselves stuck in trees, I'm not such a case. He commented, and began to run along a giant, thick branch. It began to slope downwards, and once they had reached the end, he launched himself into the fifteen foot drop. She giggled and he landed with a graceful thud, all four paws steady and absorbing the shock of the ground. He then took off through the trees. He leapt over low branches, and she would lower down into her jumping position for each one, savoring the thrill of being in the air.
They zipped out of the lightly wooded area and he took to a bridge, his long limbs carrying them to another section of the mainland. She soon found soothing, trance like beats and chimes fill her head. She looked up at the sky, the glowing purple contrails flowing and twisting over the land, hundreds of feet and miles upward. She saw stars glitter, and meteorites streak across the sky. This was living, more than she ever imagined. The soft lights of the heavens above reflected in her eyes, and made the world quietly glow with life.
She began to feel a light rumble in her chest, and saw a herd of talbuk galloping across an open field. Lockenvyr caught scent and averted his direction to the mass of animals. She felt no hunger from him, and watched as they closed the gap, and then he put on a burst of speed, sprinting right next to the galloping talbuks. Few of them spooked, and continued running as the massive snow leopard thundered beside them. The rumbling grew into a roar as the earth shook beneath her and Lockenvyr. Their hooves sounded clear into the night, and the spirit beast dodged into the midst of them.
He lifted his head, and from deep within let out a roar that echoed and it's ghostly notes carried to the far mountains and back. With him she let out her own feral cry, the spirit magic shifting her voice into that of a spiritual howl.
He lifted off into the sky, as though wishing to claw the fabric of stars and run amongst the clouds and the heavens. The herd scattered and formed small groups that slowed to trotting and eventually walked to relax themselves. Lockenvyr tossed his head, zigging and zagging too and fro, his long tail hovering above the ground, keeping his balance and acting like a rudder as he would turn on the pads of his feet and swerve in circles, racing across the field.
Finally he slowed to a walk, reaching the edge of another lightly wooded area, and climbed into a tree. There was a vast hollow within the trunk, and he climbed into it with her asking, How did you know this was here? He let out a proud gruff as she slid off of his back and unrolled a thick blanket from the light backpack she'd strapped on when they had set out. I just know these things from time to time.
He lay down on a bed of plush moss, and the highelf curled up close to his side, her back pressed against his thick, coarse fur. His tail swished around, and tickled her nose affectionately. She laughed softly, nestling into her blanket and they watched the sky outside through the opening of the large hollow chur and twist with it's vibrant flurries of sparkle and color. Lockenvyr felt his companion drift to her world of sweetened, ethereal dreams, and soon he had left consciousness as well, their imaginations intertwined for a night of peace and rest.
This was living.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope my age doesn't make you think twice. I have shown myself I am not like other teenagers to older players before, and I hope to show it to you all as well if I am accepted. If there are any grammar or spelling issues, well shoot, I checked them plenty. *insert embarrassed laughter here* I am now having last second nervousness. I might be wrong in my thinking, but here goes.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.

Your age don't matter, it's your maturity and RP we're looking at.