Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DarkAngelRising`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am a relatively new player to World of Warcraft. I have played many RPG's in the past, however. Most notable of these has been Neverwinter Nights. With over three-thousand hours spent on servers role-playing almost constantly. I started back when the game was out in 2001, and have been playing ever since. While in different servers such as Empires of Eternity, Stormnexus, Realms of Ruin Rebirth, and Blackstone Keep, I have been privy to watching many great role-players and wonderful people.
On my own, I'm not much to speak about. RL or IG, either way its not extremely impressive. Simply a good guy who likes fantasy literature and writing in too much quantity to be healthy. "I come not to see what there is to see, but to feel with my own two hands what this world is made of," I am willing to give Conquest of the Horde a good shot at playing, and possibly I could make the community slightly better with my presence.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I currently reside in Bakersfield, California, in the United States. Born and raised, I speak English and a tiny smidgen of 'gringo' Spanish mixed with some random Japanese and Drow(Undercommon- no need to go into the story of how I learned that.) While being of primarily German descent, unfortunately, I do not possess that language in my repertoire.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Originally, I had no inkling to play WoW at all. Since the deaths of children in China linked to addicted players, I had a moral stance against the game. However, a friend of mine has recently gotten me to agree to give the game a chance. Hence, why I am applying here. I wish to make them happy and possibly get to meet a new crowd of role-players to chat with and learn from.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Like the answer to the other question, I am applying to Conquest of the Horde mostly because a friend wished me to. I did play on a trial server once-upon-a-time, but I hardly remember it, much less the actual name of the place. Gods grant me a memory like a steel trap, and I still may not have had a chance in Baator to remember that useless tidbit.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay. The most fun kinds I've ever had would be in fight-RP. Of course, this can only be done with very understanding individuals who have a clear concept of their character's limitations and abilities. As well as an iron-hard will in order to not god-mod or win every single battle. Recently in Neverwinter Nights, I have been role-playing the evil side, the Drow who want to take over the surface and destroy the elves on the surface. Back when I started role-playing, I did the easy thing and was myself, usually playing Paladins and good Rangers. I have been working on Role-playing the more challenging things as time goes on, the things I can least be in RL. I still haven't got how to get every little kink out, but that sort of thing takes time.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I haven't picked either, yet, since I haven't really played the game. But in theory, I like the night elves and the Draenei. I played Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 before WoW, and I happen to like the burly characters. The tanks, those who stand in the fore of a battle and kill enemies before they have a chance to do anything to anyone else. In Dungeons and Dragons terms, the equivalent of a Fighter/Weapon Master, or a Devastating Critical-based character build.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't know what to expect until I get in the server. I have had a lot of bad luck with forums in the past, so I have only read this server's forums on the required posts, and enough to post this introduction. A character bio may come later, when I do have a character set up with a proper back story. So far, from simply the rules and the single player I happen to know, my expectations are good.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The favorite rule is the golden one. Showing respect to others. I may not agree with a person OOC, but I won't get nasty about it. IC things stay IC, and OOC things stay OOC. Some of my best friends have characters that mine get in fights with all the time.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
<< I do have a short story thought up for a character that I wanted to try, I don't know if it meets the storyline, or anything. My friend that does play here said it was generally alright, and corrected a few facts for me.>>
Khra'vel "Grace" would hop off of the ship, landing on the ground and digging deep hove-impressions into the ground. Her shod feet would then start to move, towards the human settlements, to follow many of her kind. Her legs are large, muscled things, made to take her anywhere she would like to go while wearing heavy items. Her plate mail was relatively new, never worn in battle before. But she strode with purpose. Before now she stayed with the stragglers, those who wanted to stay in the ship and try running further. Until she had been shown a sign. Now she knew what to do, and she put on the plate. It covered her from neck to mid-thigh, out to her elbows. The thin tendrils around her neck were wound around the charm that hung between her breasts, hiding between the cleft of them in the plate mail breastplate. Her stomach wasn't uncovered, but the muscles were hidden behind a much thinner leather covering to show off the shape. Around her hips rests a thick leather sword-belt, wound twice around and pulled tightly. Not that it has a chance to slide off of her wide hips, the belt is merely tied that way so it would not have a long tongue hanging down. From it rests a sword, and a soft-silky skirt that would cover her inner thighs, the muscles of which were finely grown, covered in layered, painted plates. Her forearms and lower legs would be uncovered of all except bracelets and anklets of charms and wards against misfortune.
Her head would also be uncovered, showing softly glowing blue eyes, long white hair that is usually brushed and cleaned, and held with an ornate, worthless silver-gilded clasp. As she walked into the human village near Stormwind(Also known as Goldshire), her armor would creak and shift, her hair and the untested steel shining in the sunlight. The tall Draenei would be travel-worn; her armor and gear dusty from the long trek across land and water to reach a human settlement. From this new place, she hopes to find someone to teach her- to guide her, so that she may follow the signs of the Light and stop the evil plaguing the lands of Azaroth.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
There isn't really anything else I'd like to clarify or add, honestly. The rules of your server are straightforward, easy enough to follow. The only issue you may find from me is possible griping every once in awhile and a side-ways rant to a player. Possibly some rather obscene jokes (Some of which are Harvard-Lampoon worthy.) Or some carting off of single players to an abandoned area far out of the way. *Insert whatever you like for a reason here, its all happened on NwN before, from storyline plots, to fistfights, to looking for a dropped gold coin.*
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.