Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: dirroh`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As A WoW player I am relatively new. I have a basic understanding of WoW lore from the initial story line, to The Burning Crusade and through the Wrath of the Lich King.

My role play has been exclusively D&D and so I am excited to try it out on a larger scale.

In WoW, I tended to spend most of my time exploring and crafting. I'm not really big on pvp and generally choose healing or buffing classes.

I'm excited about trying out the druid class on the horde side. Moo Moo buckaroo. Ha ha.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States. I speak a bit of Spanish but English is my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends that I used to game with (AD&D) were into WoW. I was more of a pencil and paper jockey, but once I saw Teldrassil, I stood there gaping like a fool and asked, "Where do I sign up?"

I have played over the years sporadically hoping to find a RP server that actually focused on RP. Tragically, this was never to be and so I ended my subscription.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have been seeking a REAL, RP server for some time. It wasn't easy to find this one. I was overjoyed as I read through the wiki and the rules.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
For me, role playing is about diversity. Just as life is diverse. In the past I have played the irascible veteran. The sly and mocking rogue, the brutish but well intentioned Half-Orc who's answer to every problem is a nicked and worn Battle Axe. This time, I want to play a druid. Connected to the earth and student of balance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the blood elves. There is a gritty reality to their addiction to power and a desperation as they try to reclaim what they thirst for. My favorite class thus far has been the priest class. The ability to heal and support but with the double edge, that any one who knows how to heal must also know how to hurt.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are no more than the tenets that this server espouses. I look forward to a new world where I will find my place, make a few friends(I hope), and have a few adventures to tell over my pint and my pipe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. I vacillated between respect and maturity. However respect is given and earned, while maturity... happens.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here is an excerpt from a book I am in the process of writing:

Keelan stared out at the empty room from under the brim of his big floppy hat. He slouched down in his over sized wooden chair which was festooned with brightly colored pillows, leg slung nonchalantly over the arm. His eyes red rimmed from lack of sleep as he brooded over the latest in what was bound to be a long chain of events this day. Stretching luxuriously he once again ran over his mental to-do list, restructuring, prioritizing. He glanced at the slatted bars of the high window noting the predawn grey.

Morning.

There was nothing noteworthy about his appearance. Average height, average build, chin length ash brown hair and brown eyes. His cheeks were scarred with the marks of a branded thief. He had a witless look to his face that immediately led one to believe that he was slow of thought. Until you looked into his eyes and saw the cold calculating intensity of a killer. He was a killer. Orphaned at birth by the death of his mother and raised by her fellow whores at The Lusty Lady, he fell quickly into the rough lifestyle of a street urchin.

His first years were spent cutting purses and filching whatever was at hand. Until the day he was caught by Thay, one of the city watch and taken to the local authorities and put on public display as hot irons with a hand emblem were pressed onto his rosy youthful cheeks. Marking him forever as a criminal.

And not a bad deal it was.

If he hadn't been branded at such a young age and forced into a permanent life of crime, then he wouldn't be what he was now... the undisputed reigning power head in Lothan.

He grimaced and sucked in a deep breath.

“Faeldus!”, Keelan yelled.

No reply forthcoming he sighed to himself as he rose from his chair, arching his back and yelling once again, “Faeldus!”

“Where in the hells are you, you no good misbegotten spawn of an ass?”

Keelan walked over to the great iron bound oak door and pulled up the latching bar. Grunting as the door sluggishly pulled open.

“Faeldus!”

Ahh there he is. Keelan smelled the odious little man before he saw him slouched down at the end of the corridor sleeping in a disheveled heap. A thread of spittle hanging from his dirty unshaven face, pooling and camouflaged amongst the stains adorning his threadbare tunic.

Keelan walked over to the snoring midden heap and pulled back his foot to kick him and the stopped reconsidering the nasty smelling man and the pristine cleanliness of his boot. Taking a deep breath he bent forward as close to the little man's ear as his sense of smell allowed and and yelled once more,

“Faeldus!”

The little mans eyes widened as he shot straight up off of the ground still in a sitting position. His head shaking back and forth in panic as a hoarse scream leaped from his throat!

“Aaiiiieeeii!”

As his eyes took in the shadowy figure of Keelan he instinctively flinched and threw his arms out crying, “Mercy!”

Keelan watched the whole debacle with a mixture of amusement and disgust. Finally producing a perfumed kerchief seemingly out of thin air and putting it up to his nose.

“Enough fool!”, Keelan spat at the now fawning imbecile. His voice lowered and grew cold and hard, menace lighting up his eyes. “You have been warned about sleeping here before.”

Faeldus's Sallow skin went an even paler shade. Gulping, his eyes darting nervously to and fro seeking escape he slurred, “I know yer lordship... I know. Shjust that yer been havin me called an all and me remebrin the last time I did miss, well ahh, that one time I dinna show up due to..” here he paused carefully picking his words knowing he was treading dangerous ground. “ahh... straneous circumstances...yor honor”

Keelan grinned an even more malicious grin and said, “And it is good that you made it this time, on time. Very good. I have an errand for you.”

Faeldus gulped and nodded, wringing his hands together.

“I need you to bring me Jax and I want him here before the sun shines over the city wall.”

Faeldus winced and pleadingly looked up at Keelan, “Before the s-sun is over.. your worshipness, Faeldus is knowin how much Jax doesn't like his sleep disturbed. Might'n you be wantin to-”

The sharp crack of the butt of Keelan's dagger cut short anything the rodent like man had to say. Keelan's face was like a thundercloud and his eyes flashed ominously as he roared, “Jax doesn't like? Jax? Doesn't like...”

Keelans rage evaporated as quickly as it had appeared, replaced by an icy coldness that Faeldus felt in the pit of his stomach.

“Let me tell you what Jax likes”, he spat enunciating the word. “Jax likes whatever I tell him to like. Now you go and get him."

Gibbering, Faeldus lurched to his feet using the wall to support himself. He nodded his head and gulped convulsively before turning tail and shambling as fast as he could towards the exit.

"Faeldus!", Keelan called.

"Y-yes yer worship?", he asked , eyes averted.

"If I ever catch you sleeping in my foyer again...", his eyes glinted like daggers, "I will kill you myself."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to joining this community, Even if it means another 6 hour install since I own a mac and am at patch 3.3.3.

Apart from gaming and writing, I also make music, love a good pint and a pipe load.

If anyone is in the Maine region of the USA and is into D&D or jamming by the fire then look me up. I also happen to be a fabulous chef and just so happen to enjoy cooking for people. My kitchen is always open.
Welcome to CotH! :>

But I will need to tell you that Half races aren't allowed on the server, I'm afraid,