Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: lowerclasspunk87`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, me, I am 20 years old, and they call me Tony.
As a player of RPG games, I began Blizz games at around 5th grade, the basic Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft.
I have been playing Magic the Gathering since I was 7 or 8.
Been playing D&D 4e for about 2 years, Dungeon Master for about a year.

I am sure I am leaving some stuff out.
On the more personal side, I drink too much coffee, and am shamelessly Irish, living in California, with my girlfriend and her very, very Japanese family.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the US of A. I speak English pretty well, I would imagine, and I am also pretty fluent in Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first encounter with Warcraft was many years ago when Warcraft 2 came out for the Playstation. I played it to the extreme, not knowing the downsides to system play on a computer oriented game..

Then when Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne came out, I played and beat both. It was around then I became fascinated with the lore.

I got WoW about 2 years after it had been out, with no Roleplaying experience to speak of. I had never even considered it until the first time I logged onto a RP server, and I was hooked. I went on to host a Troll-only Heavy RP guild on Moon Guard called Shadowtusk Tribe. At it's height had about 80 players, with 45 of them being almost every day participants.

After a year or so, I moved out of my house and was forced to sell my laptop, so I haven't played in a while, but began playing D&D right afterword, so my roleplaying hasn't suffered. :D

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, in moving out here to California, I lost my D&D group, so I decided to get back into WoW.
I decided to look into Free RP servers, as compared to paying the $15 a month. I found this site pretty quick, and after seeing the Wiki (especially on roleplaying) and Forum, decided it is a good bet that you guys have a good community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Honestly, any kind. From you every day street encounter to leading a raid on so-and-so's keep, it's all good to me. After playing D&D for such a long period of time, I am pleased to roleplay in any situation that arises.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race wise, I like Trolls, Blood Elves, and Night Elves.
I like Trolls because of the voodoo thing they have going on for their religion, their accent is also fun to use, it adds some flair to typing out their dialogue.
Blood Elves are fun because everything that happened to them at the hands of Arthas. At first, I was bummed to see them end up on Horde, thinking they would go better on Alliance, but after seeing their new personality, I couldn't be more pleased. Being cold hearted and self centered is easy with Blood Elves.
Night Elves Druids are my third favorite, I mean, who doesn't wanna roleplay being different animals at will? Nothing better than playing out an Owlbear!

What are your expectations of this server?:
A decent roleplaying experience. Number of players means little to me, compared to quality of the roleplaying itself, honestly.

I am not into WoW for the end game, the instances, or anything else, just for the ability to immerse myself in a world I have been familiar with for years.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I liked how you guys have a full blown section for character creation on the server. You also don't demand lore-fiends, just that the candidate has some knowledge of the world around them. If only Blizz could try this? :P

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Deep, deep down in the jungles of the Stranglethorn, a predator stirred. A lanky, gnarled figure crept slowly up on it's quarry, a lazy silverback, lounging amongst the squat fruit trees near the forest floor, oblivious to it's situation. The troll that stalked the mammoth ape had been sent to collect regents for his tribes next offering to Hir'eek, the Bat God, their patron Loa.
As he slowly closed the distance between himself and the great beast before him, he could feel the adrenaline flood his veins, could already taste battle on his tongue, and he quivered, preparing his wickedly sharp spear for the lunge...

I would write more, but I am in the middle of installing Warcraft! If you guys need more, feel free to ask me.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I was just curious, what is the multiplier for experience on the server? It isn't a huge deal, I just failed to find it after some looking around.

Thanks for readin my application! I hope to hear from you guys soon! :)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy

P.S.The multipliers are in the top right hand corner in a pretty little chart!