Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: UrsusSolaris`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
((My responses will all be OOC))
I am too old to be called "a playa," and have been around computers since before you had to solder them together from either a parts list or a kit. I currently only play three computer games, and for three separate reasons.

1. I play Lord of the Rings Online because once upon a time I was considered knowlegable in Tolkien's worlds and languages, and the thought of walking through places I have read and even studied about is too great an attraction.
2. I play Star Trek Online because it enables me to game online with my grandson, who lives three time zones away, and is even more addicted to Roddenberry's universe than I was Tolkein's.
3. I play WoW becuase the story is everything, and the World of Warcraft has a powerful story. When I play, I enjoy interacting not as a spectator to the story, but as part of the ongoing Warcraft saga of good overcoming evil.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Having been born in Southern California, many people in the US would disavow me in a heartbeat; however, I guess I qualify as a US citizen.

If you had asked me my primary language 40 years ago, my answer would have been Middle English, the lnaguage of Chaucer's England. In the late 70's that evolved into a reasonable fluency of Tolkein's Quendya, where I used my skill in calligraphy to translate and transcribe letters and documents for fellow fellow questers. In the current age, I am continuing to becoming familiar with the ever-changing Common Speach so poorly described as English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My eldest son gave me a copy of the original World of Warcraft (retail), and for serveral years we were able to quest together while he served in the US Navy on various deployments. I fell in love with the rich lore of the game, and when playing solo, created toons on what Blizzard called "RP servers." With Blizzard refusing to enforce the RP policies on RP servers, I grew more and more saddened as one by one, the RP servers became overrun with "raiders" "and griefers." I eventually stopped playing, and let my other son have my retail account.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Until recently, I did not know there were "free" servers. Earlier this week, I plugged in "Private WOW RP Servers" into Google, and what came up was Conquest of the Horde and Millennium WoW. I read both your websites, and didn't feel that Millennium WoW was for me. I understand their stated gameplan about giving users GM powers "to enhance thier RP," but with all the changes they are making to the game, is it still WOW?

The Conquest of the Horde website seemed more what I was looking for, with CLEAR rules and guidelines about open behavior, and statements of consequenses. This is something I could have only wished for with Blizzard. Only time will tell if Conquest of the Horde is what I am looking for, or if I am what you are looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Decades ago I played the Original Dungeons and Dragons, Swords and Sorcery, and a host of other, real-time RP games. As a group, we would "play" our characters, with voice, and sometimes actions. When on the Blizzard RP server, I have found that I become my character, reacting to others in chat as my character would. Rather than typing the line "/em walks over to Tarrik and slaps him," I would actually have my character walk over and get in Tarrik's face and use "/em slap" My reasoning was that I was playing a game with characters that moved around; I was not playing a game from a notebook.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Recently, my favorite race/class is my Blood Elf Rogue. He watched others fall to the hunger, dependant on the arcane energy lost with the destruction of the Sunwell. Using only willpower, stealth and energy, he refuses to fall back into the addiction that has taken so many of those he once loved. His cause is his own, and as a hired assassin, fights the war in his own way.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have limited time to play WoW. I am looking for the oportunity to join a community that does not demand "daily play" or "You must participate in X number of raids", etc. I am what is called a casual gamer. I have a full REAL live, and enjoy escaping to the immersive World of Warcraft even when I have only a few hours to devote to it. When "in personna," I try to experience the game from the viewpoint of my character, role-playing within the events as the unfurl. When you are questing with a group, you never know how everything is going to come out, and if you can stay "in personna" when everything hits the fan, then you have had a GREAT experience.

On the other hand, I am not someone that will live online, as all those years ago, I took William Shatner's advice and got a life!

What I would like is a family-oriented world of adventurer's looking to take back all of Azeroth and Outland from the Scourge.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
What appeals to me about your rules and regulations is that there is some talk that you actually enforce them. As I have stated, If Blizzard would have enforced their own rules, I would probably still be a customer.

With so many different kinds and aspects of RP, I hope to be able to find that I can become part of the community, and perhaps become a better RP'er

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
When the human Arthas invaded Quel'Thalas with his undead army, my teacher ordered me to take the younger students and get them to safety. Our master created a portal, and we lept to safety not knowing he would close it behind us. Stranded in unforgiving lands, we waited for the portal to reopen, to bring us home. It never did.

On our return to Quel'Thalas, so much had changed, but one thing had not. I would learn those things I needed to never rely on others. I would learn the use of the blade, the way of the shadow. For though I was home at last, I would need to control my rage, as I learned to control my hunger for arcane energy. The danger remains, so slowly and quietly I will one day get my revenge.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As a backstory framework, a while back I published a letter from my Rogue, Maradyr to his brother, a Farstrider Ranger. This letter can be found at (http://www.roleplayerprofiles.com/maradyr)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy