Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: inconcinnus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well I am a recreational player. I workout after school 6 days out of the week in hopes to be a college football player, so playing games competitively also would be an overload. But I have been a gamer my entire life, I love interacting with the online scene and playing with my friends. I played World of Warcraft for about 2 years but stopped that because it was too competitive. I respect role-playing and I want to be a part of it very much. This would be good for me, and I would be good to this server, because I respect what it has going on and I think I share some of the same Ideals.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I speak English and come from America. I have lived in Arizona my entire life.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was always a gamer, it started off as console games as a child. Then in about 4th grade I played Runescape, which lasted for over a year. Eventually one of my Runescape friends (IRL friend) showed me World of Warcraft, and it was a great expansion from any other game I had played.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I did not want to play World of Warcraft competitively, which is why I quit the game to begin with. I actually had an idea of starting guild wars in retail this summer, by myself making an alliance guild and a friend making a horde guild on a role-playing retail server, and hopefully drawing attention. But then my friend found your site and turned me to it. What appeals to me the most about yours it commitment, I used to hate it in retail when we would fail in a raid and people would just say "F-this", and leave. You guys seem like the kind of respectable people that want to build up an awesome community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well I enjoy the more fighting roleplay. I love having guild wars and just finding information. I wish for my characters name to be Inconcinnus, which transfers to absurdity from Latin. Because I want my character to be a force. I want him to be a rogue, quiet and sneaky, can cause problems to enemies. I want to distract foes, and hide in the bushes while they wonder what just happened. I want to be absurd, I want to work alone and with a team. I want to go on missions, to find rare spawns throughout the game. I want to be respected as I walk through my hometown.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well I would say Humans for alliance and Orc for horde. My favorite class is a Rogue. Why? Because they are riotmakers. They are the ones who you are afraid of. You never know if a rogue is watching, you never know if a rogue has better gear than you. If you happen to catch a glimpse of a rogue, you do not know if they have better gear than you, how could you? It was only a glimpse.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have a great deal of fun. I expect to interact with people who also just want to roleplay over a great landscape, and do what they can to have a great time. Mainly I just want the interaction with the people, but I also want it to be my quiet time. I want to be able to spend some time alone on the island of dread, just thinking. I want this to be an alternate reality.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like how you want this to be PG-13. Because you don't have to be a PG-13 person to come to this server, just act like one on it. So you could bring people from all personality types together in harmony by laying down rules like this one. It just helps set peace to the server, and I like that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I was the child of a poor family, my mother gave birth to me at home, in Westfall. she died in the process. My father was so sad he did not name me, but wept over his loss. He was a simple farmer, so she was all he had. He was too sad to mend to his crops that year, so we became short on food. In his hunger my father went to a local market, and stole us food to last a week. He had to continue to do that until it became time to plant the seeds again, but this time he did not plant them. He traded all of his seeds for robes of black and all of the gold he could. He became a night bandit, the working life was over for him. We began to live on streets, as he no longer wished to return to the home in which his wife had died. This continued for a large part of my childhood, and eventually when I was 2 my father brought a chicken to the alley in which we were staying. I could barely walk, and yet when he turned his back for 1 moment, I took a knife and stabbed that chicken. It was the craziest thing he had ever seen, and this he named me Inconcinnus, which meant absurdity in Latin. Growing up as a child I loved knives, but I never used them against anything besides animals, I found no need to. I loved to climb, and sometimes I would try to climb up onto the roofs of Stormwind, only to be yelled at by the guards. But I got the best of them. I assembled an outfit made out of fine leather, and black as night. I climbed the entrance tower to Stormwind one night, and in the morning threw an apple at one of the guards. They had no idea where I was, and they would never know, but the self-satisfaction was unmatched.
It was at that point my father and I began to raid farms, when I was in my teens. We returned to the farms of Westfall, and to those near Goldshire, and we would kill a cow every now and again. The farmers always thought it was the wolves. The farmers would always leave some tinder outside of their homes. We would light kindling, and run it over to larger logs that we had, as to cook the meat. One day the farmer took his tinder inside, but my father insisted we eat anyway. I did not, and I also insisted we wait until morning, perhaps he would have it out then. But my father was hungry, and thus he ate the meat raw. He developed a nasty parasite, and died. I buried him 30 meters west of the Stormwind graveyard, but you wouldn't know it. No one would ever know it.
By the time he left me I was 19, ready to be out on my own. I wanted to enter society and get a job, now that I had no one. But how could I do that? I had never really interacted with a community of people before, only been a child outlaw on the run from God knows what. and that is where my story begins with you, a Rogue boy who wants to enter society and become a man, who has lost most everything, and just wants to have value in this world. This is where my story begins.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope I got the question right of my as a player being me in real life. If you didn't want that I am sorry, but I thought that was what you meant and I hope I get approved! I liked my story! You guys should read it.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy