Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cyzarine`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I am not sure what all to tell. I have been Role-playing in some fashion or another for nearly ten years. I am also an aspiring author, so I try to come up with good characters and work from there. Admittedly, I can sometimes care a little much about what happens in the RP, but it's all just temporary artist's passion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from America, and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Kind of a funny story. One of my very good friends with whom I first learned how to RP with discovered it when she moved out of state. She had me try it, so it could be a new means and media to communicate and exercise our creativity. So, I created an account and delved in, and within two days, I had a full subscription and was running wild.

What made you seek our server over others?:
First of all, I rather like the fact that it is a true RP server. I've been on three different other RP servers, and while they start out alright, it always seems to end poorly. The fact that people who want to be here actually have to make an effort to get in is an amazingly good idea, and will, I think, make the entirely more enjoyable.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It's hard to decide on what exactly is my favorite. I think that small groups of 3-5 people or in pairs is how I manage to work the best. Anything larger than that, and it just seems to me that people get overlooked, and eventually split off into small groups and pairs anyways. Organized larger events can be fun, however, but the key word in that one is organized. It's not very often you can find a group with enough availability and attention span for such a large undertaking.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
There are two, that I have an incredibly hard time picking between. The first would have to be Draenei Paladin, because my one and only main character that has been with me since the Burning Crusade has been one. I know the ins and outs of it well, and it is a flexible enough class to allow for a lot of things. The second would have to be a Night Elf Hunter, even if it's terribly over done. I am not even terribly sure why on that one. To me, it always comes across as a versatile, fun to play class. There are aspects of warrior, rogue and mage, all wrapped up into one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of the server are to both provide and nurture a place for avid, creative Roleplayers to enjoy the aspects of the game. I also expect that there will be some level of accurate reward for being one of the good ones (which by all I can tell, it would seem this is the case).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think the rule that appeals to me the most, though it is hard to choose, is the 'Knowing when to quit' rule. So many people really don't know how to accomplish this, but I am glad that is has been pointed out. Along with the other few that pertain to keeping OOC drama out of the game, I would have to say that is one of the best.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Lamec narrowed her eyes, watching the motes of tell-tale dust rise just over the hill. She was secure, pressed against the trunk of a large tree, its boughs of leaves screening her from view. The faint snuffling breath of her companion filtered up to her straining ears, creasing her weathered face in a brief smile. At least she was never alone. But the time for thought was over, as she saw the first glint of sunshine off of polished armor as the small phalanx of humans turned the bend, the metallic thud of their marching steps sweeping past her on the breeze.
A low whistled slipped her lips, the waiting beast beneath her perch taking his cue. The panther did his species proud, vanishing into the thick ferns and brush like a shadow. Standing, the huntress knocked an arrow and sighted, waiting. In the middle of the procession was everything she would give her life for, and in some ways already had. Just a little longer, Joniyra, Mommy is coming.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Mmm... I'm not good at questions on the fly. I am pretty sure I read it somewhere, but I am easily addled. How exactly does one progress through the ranks of levels?
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.
If by ranks you mean what rank you possess on the forums, the next (and probably only) level you should be concerned about is the Grunt. Grunts are full fledged members of the Conquest of the Horde community; for example, they may use the Shoutbox and their approved characters are able to be leveled to 80 by any staff members.

In order to obtain your Gruntship, you must:
  • ☐ Be a member of the community for a minimum of one month following the posting of your introduction post,
  • ☑ Have a story either in your introduction or linked from your introduction,
  • ☐ Post a character profile that has gone through the entire acceptance process, and
  • ☐ Complete and submit the questionnaire (but only after one month has passed)

Once you have done all of these, the staff with more or less gauge your place in the community. In the vast majority of the time, assuming that you haven't been disruptive or a complete ass, you will be promoted to Grunt and be granted all of the perks of said rank. It may take a week or two for them to do so after receiving your completed questionnaire, so don't be too worried if you don't get a reply immediately.

Once you have been promoted to a Grunt, any character that possesses an approved profile can be leveled to 80. In order to do so, you must log into the game on that character and then submit a ticket requesting to be leveled. In time, a staff member will appear and level you to 80. Once that is done, you may visit Warsong Gulch (our primary Out of Character zone) and talk with a NPC to get your ten silver tokens and 2,000 gold. The silver tokens will allow you to request the staff to provide you with almost any item within the game (exceptions including items that are Legendaries).

As far as I am aware, the ranks past Grunt are reserved for our wonderful staff.

Hope that this helps, Cyzarine. Congratulations on your acceptance!