Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: PoeticRedemption`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'll start by saying 'Hi'. Always a great way to start if you ask me.
I'm an 18 year old guy and is currently in my senior year of High School. I'm a gamer and spends quite a bit on time on it. Genre-wise, I generally play RP and Survival/Horror games. Even better if it's a mix of both.

As a person, I've often been called a Jokester and the likes. And it's true, I love to make people laugh.
I'm a 'Mr. Social' type of person, and am quite fond of talking. And listening... But mainly talking.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Denmark and Danish is therefore my primary language. Then again, I have a tendency of mainly speaking English when at home.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, five years ago, I saw my brother sitting by his computer. On the screen, this awesome, rogueish Troll was sneaking around, stabbing dinosaurs. And I though: 'Damn, that looks awesome!'
So I asked if I could try it, but he threw me out of his room.

A few weeks later, I bought the game myself, and has played it ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, to be perfectly honest, I kinda just stumbled across this server by an accident. That being said, I almost fainted out of joy when I saw it was a dedicated RP server (To be honest, RP in retail WoW has kinda died). So, I started reading around the web-page, and the combination of seriousness and maturity made me forget any plans I had of finding other server.

So, kudos to you. ;-)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Ooof, that's a tough one. I generally enjoy any type of roleplaying and would be up for trying just about anything. Oddly enough, even though I love Warcraft lore, lore-heavy RP irritates me. But that's generally because people try to alter lore. Damn them for ruining it!

Now, to answer your question properly, roleplays involving the 'minor' factions of the Warcraft universe is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Be it the Defias Brotherhoods eternal struggle to stay in control of Westfall or The Scarlet Crusaders battle against anyone that doesn't wear their tabard, creating a hindrance for soon-to-be heroes is the most fun one could get.

Another type of RP I like, is bringing life to the world. I've once been in a guild, dedicated to create atmosphere in Duskwood. That meant random intrigues between the towns younger citizens, to the battle against The Undead that the elder has to face everyday. Oh, and those select few who decided to trot around on the roads, saying frightening things to those who might cross their path. Ahhh, good times.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Another difficult question...
... But I'd have to say The Forsaken, as a race. Their lore is just so breathtakingly awesome. And on top of that, Roleplaying as a Forsaken allows you to do so many things. I mean, you're dead, but then again, you're not. What that mustn't do to a person.
And as a cherry on top of the sundae, their leader, Sylvanas Windrunner, is one of the coolest characters in Warcraft history.

Class-wise... Rogue or Druid.
Rogues, because there's nothing cooler than being a leatherclad sonnuvabeetch, able to melt into the shadows. And the way I usually see it, one can never be too sure of what a Rogue is thinking.

Druids, because they're so in touch with everything around them. I could've chosen a Shaman for this aswell, but the Druids beat them be a dream. An emerald one, at that. ;-)

What are your expectations of this server?:
First and foremost, Roleplaying. Serious, realistic roleplaying. I also expect to meet somewhat equal-minded people, in the whole sense of honouring the lore behind Warcraft. And honouring the World in which it takes place.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's a tie between Tolerance and Humility.
Tolerance, because I'm so tired of the various insulting racial slurs and the like. Especially the abuse of the word "Gay". Remember when it meant "Joyful"?

Humility, because the world doesn't revolve around one person. I guess this kinda ties to my desire to 'Bring life to Azeroth'.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
She looked at him, curiously. He looked really out of place. He was tall, bulky, and his tail looked like it had a mind on its own, constantly knocking things to the ground. Awkwardly, he attempted to apologize to decaying man whose shop he was, accidentally, tearing apart. The Forsaken one just growled in Gutterspeak and pushed the huge, furry creature away from his wares.

She smirked at the Taurens obvious embarrassment.
'He doesn't belong here,' she thought to herself, before looking back down at the golden locket she was holding in her hands.
'Warm blood and Brill just doesn't go well together.'
She sighed. Oh how she missed the warmth. She missed the warmth of Lordaeron summer, as she frolicked about in the fields of the nearby farms. She missed the warmth of her barnyard animals, as she was grooming them and preparing them for labour. But more than anything, she missed to warmth of life.

But that was all over now. No more frolicking. No more animal handling. No more family. No more proper food. No more life. No more warmth.

She heard foot steps behind her. No, hoof steps.
"Are you okay?" a gruff voice asked in Orcish.
She looked at the Tauren. He looking concerned.
She got up and walked towards him, which caused him to back up a little.
But she managed to get close to him. And when she was few inches from him, she embraced him. His body stiffened, and he made a weak attempt to push her away...

... But she didn't care. He was warm...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, to be honest, I don't think I've ever had this much fun filling in a questionnaire. Thanks. ;-)
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.