Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Price`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am a roleplaying lunatic I cant get egnouph of it. I started roleplaying almost 2 years ago and I just got hooked. When I roleplay I make sure everything goes just right and that everyone is included. I make sure everyone knows their roles and what they want to be and where they want to be. I like to make sure everyone is dressed appropriately if there not then I will get them to. I would love to join the server ive herd about it from alot of people.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I speak English only. and I am from the United States.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Me and my friends came home after work and one of the guys said "hey wanna check out this new computer game I got" so we all sat and played World of Warcraft for about 6 hours.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have herd about this server alot and I love to roleplay its one of my favorite things to do. Like I said I cant get egnouph of roleplaying. So I decided to see if I could get in this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy relaxing roleplay I love to just kick back and hang with friends and have roles in a town. Like with a mayor and towns people and such.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class out of all of them would most likely be the Human race. They are better for roleplaying in my opinion. They are more like us then all the other races so therefore I think they are better.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Im really hoping this server will be as great as people have told me it is. But i havent been on it and so... But I think it will reach my standards because i love roleplaying and this is really the only roleplaying server out here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity I can not stand it when little kids come on to a server and act like 4 year olds. Or when people fight over the dumbest things it really gets on my nervs. I am trying to find a server with a more people that dont act like 4 year olds.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Darin watched nervously from the corner of the room as Master Zhifar welcomed his family home. Darin had come to Zhifar two weeks ago, and the Master had explained then: all the family except himself was on a journey to visit other relatives in Alanis' sister-city across the desert. He had named their names for Darin, described them all... But Darin had been unable to imagine the room filled with so many, and their sudden appearance had caused him to retreat to the corner in confusion, uncertainty sticking his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

He felt a tug on his tunic, and looked down. A pair of bright black eyes stared up at Darin with curiosity. "Are you sick?" the child asked.

Darin smiled, charmed out of his shyness by her forthright curiosity. "No," he said, crouching down to look at her more levelly.

The child frowned. "It grows like that?" She reached out and tentatively patted Darin's hair, fine and soft and brown.

Darin grinned. "It grows like that." He glanced up at Master Zhifar, still engaged in greeting his wives and husbands and children - a tangle of embracing and kissing. The Alani were physical people, Darin thought. Surely no one would mind if... He reached out and returned the child's innocent caress, stroking her thick black hair.

She grinned at the touch, as if reassured, and threw her arms around Darin's neck, latching on as if for dear life. Darin, whose experience with children had been severely limited since his own childhood, looked almost desperately back at Master Zhifar.

Zhifar was engaged in lively discussion with a young man whose long nose matched his own. A short, wiry woman saw, however, and detached herself from the group. "Missa, come away," she called, laughter in her voice. "You're upsetting the honored guest."

The girl - Missa? - shook her head and hid her face against Darin's neck. He looked up at the woman. She did not seem upset, only amused. His heart skipped a beat - Yes, this, I belong here, thank you gods and blessings on the Chained - and he stood, lifting the child and holding her only somewhat awkwardly. "It's all right," he said quietly, smiling at the woman. "If you don't mind."

Zhifar finally looked around. "Ah! I forget. My apologies - my loves, this is Apprentice Darin, come to us from Karandistahn by way of the Chained Antonov."

Questions and exclamations exploded, and Zhifar laughed. "Yes, the Chained is back - he spent a year in Karandistahn and has come home to cleanse himself of the taint." Zhifar spat once to indicate his opinion of the Karand. "About two weeks ago," he replied to another excited question. "The Chained saw him there and felt he had some talent that was languishing, and brought him out of Karandistahn, to me, for training."

One husband frowned slightly. "Horses?" he asked. Darin heard the unspoken question - Or thievery? - without even looking at him.

Zhifar smiled enigmatically. "Horses, and whatever else I care to teach him." The husband looked over at Darin appraisingly. He was beginning to feel nervous when the child in his arms squirmed around to look at her family. "He's not sick!" she announced loudly. A ripple of laughter washed through the room, dissolving the tension. Even Darin managed a smile.

Zhifar took four long strides across the room and gently pried his daughter from around Darin's neck. He put one hand on Darin's shoulder, and Darin met his eyes with less effort than it had taken two weeks earlier. "You need not stay," Zhifar whispered, "if they are too many. I did not know they would return this early."

Darin looked past Zhifar at his peculiar family - a large group, even for Alanis: four husbands (including Zhifar) and three wives, a dozen children of varying ages, pets and babies underfoot... He wanted to be part of it. Everything about Alanis pulled at his heart, whispering to him of home... Even if his pale skin and fair hair made it obvious he'd never been here before.

He looked back at Zhifar and took a deep breath, forcing himself to remember once again that apprentice was not slave and that Zhifar's title of Master was an indication of skill, given out of respect rather than required obedience. His voice that shook only a little. "I'd like to stay, if you don't mind."

Zhifar smiled encouragingly and squeezed Darin's shoulder. "It's up to you, Apprentice," he said. "If it gets to be too much, just excuse yourself." Darin nodded, a slight smile hovering around his lips as he watched Zhifar returning to his family.

He remained on the outskirts of the reunion for most of the evening, their love - obvious in the open Alani way - warming him even if it did not include him. Missa, obviously enamoured, returned a short while later to introduce him to her doll and then fall asleep in his lap. He felt a quiver of affection, and began instinctively to quash it...

And stopped himself. The Alani were an open, friendly, caring people. Their ways called to him. Why shouldn't he allow himself to care about this sweet child nestled against his arm? Zhifar's lessons in the last weeks had been demanding, but the man had never shown so much as a spark of cruelty.

The Chained Antonov had warned him of this, on their brief journey. "You have a caring heart, Darin." They had been on a mountain path, getting their first glimpse of the desert. "But you keep it shielded. Alanis may be difficult for you, until you can learn to drop that guard. But it's worth it."

Darin looked down at the black-haired, bronze-skinned child in his lap and gave her an impulsive hug. He looked up quickly, but no one else seemed to mind, or even to have noticed. Missa herself only smiled sleepily and snuggled closer. When one of Zhifar's wives came to take her to bed an hour later, he turned her over with something like reluctance, and managed to return the woman's smile without too much hesitation.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sorry if my story is long. I just really like to get into Roleplaying.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.