Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: LilyLovelock`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'd rather not get too personal just yet, since I don't know if you guys will let me on, though I do hope so. I try to be very laid back, very fun and playful. I most certainly don't act my age... sometimes. I tend to act a tad childish sometimes, but at the same time I try to be understanding in everything told to me; I hate conflict, unless, of course, it's part of the Roleplaying itself. :3 I'm a little bit rusty in my Warcraft lore, I haven't played in some time and I just now started googling about for a decent RP server, and came across this, which, hopefully, could turn out to be my holy grail of WoW RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Born and raised here in the United States, though I'm proud to have both German and Irish blood. :D

How did you get into Warcraft?:
WoW was and is my first and only Warcraft adventure. Found it on the shelf at walmart and heard a few friends talk about it... to be honest, at first, it was like looking at something evil... I heard about people getting 'addicted' and doing absolutely nothing but playing WoW all day, no friends, no life, etcetra... then I thought realistically, 'It's just a game, pick the darn box up and pay the money.'

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, I was sort of throwing it to fate. I was googling for WoW Private Servers, Roleplaying servers more specifically, and poof, lo and behold, the first thing I see on the search page is Conquest of the Horde. I swear, the blue link positively glowed with potential. :3

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Really it depends on the people I'm Roleplaying with, and the setting itself. In WoW, I primarily go for things that just feel sort of... I don't know, Lore-y. Things that feel like, say, I'm playing as my typical female orc warrior, going for a gritty sort of hired hand, her alliance falling to the highest bidder.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm not sure that it's my FAVORITE, per se, but I do find myself playing a female orcish warrior a lot. Something about the females just screams a sort of Demi Moore in G.I. Jane sort of feel, very masculine in attitude with a feminine touch that makes things a bit more interesting than some big green muscle-head snorting about blood and thunder. (no offense to the male Orc players!)

What are your expectations of this server?:
As I mentioned earlier, I'm deeply hoping this turns out to be my holy grail of Roleplay, that which I've sought in WoW for so very, very long.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
In a direct quote: "Generally, any type of RP is allowed, AS LONG AS EVERY PARTICIPANT IS COMFORTABLE WITH IT." This is perfect by my way of Roleplay, I believe that just about anything could go (PG-13-wise, as per the rules, of course), as long as all of those participating are cool with the direction it's going. Making this a rule ephasizes people thinking, talking about likes and dislikes in a setting, and thinking before you post something.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dukah drops the various twigs and tender collected from the arid sands surrounding her, cracking her neck lightly. She grunts, kneeling and setting them up in a simple pattern, one to make a small fire to keep warm for the night. No tent to set up this time, only the scrap-leather bedroll she managed to barter off of some Troll whom apparently had just started the leather-working trade. From her pack she takes her flint, crouching over the small collection of tender and striking it with a small knife, small enough that even a Gnome would most likely be embarrassed to call his trusted weapon. A spark, and a flame, followed by a slight grin from Dukah herself. "It will be a long night..."

She mutters to herself, a tendency she developed to keep herself from going insane on trips where she's particularly lonesome. About three sunrises, she recalls, she's been traveling about the desert, hunting up some particularly large boar she's been tasked with finding. "One in which I won't sleep well."

She observes her bedroll with a sigh, already it's beginning to wear out and tear at the stitches... truly, made by an amateur. Those hazel eyes of hers soon find themselves watching the sun set, already imagining the chill of night to come...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to Roleplaying on this server! If there's anything wrong with anything I posted here, I'll gladly read it over and attempt to make a correction. Again, my lore is a bit rusty... I had to wiki-search a few bits and pieces, but I'm slowly re-learning it all. Made up the story out of the blue and wrote it as it came to mind, so it's probably not my best work.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.