Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Windfury`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name is Jack McDermott and I was born and bred in Scotland. Currently I am at University studying Video Game Design. I am an experienced gamer and RPer and have grinded my way through a few MMO's in the past before settling in with WoW. Roleplaying inspiration for me comes from the movies I watch, not nescessarily fantasy though I do enjoy Lord Of The Rings and I like to consider myself a bit of a Lightsaber geek.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Being from Scotland I speak English as my first and only fluent languages. I only carry a bit of High School French around with me, which isn't much.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I wasn't into the original Warcraft, when they were out I was a kid and I preferred consoles at that time to be honest. I had always known it existed and one day I found the cinematic of WoW and was really taken aback, so as curiosity goes I made a Trial account and have been playing on and off since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, to the compliments of the people here at CotH you seem the most organised and serious amongst the few RP servers out there. Being honest though this site is the first thing that pops up in a google search of "wow prrivate rp server."

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Fighting roleplay is extremely boring to me because let's face it, nothing is actually happening. The quantity of people RPing doesn't bother me in the slightest. What I really enjoy is having an adventure across Azeroth sometimes walking sometimes running on majestic mounts and stopping off at encampments or tavern's along the way to rest/eat/sleep/talk.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
On my retail I play a Shaman so I must say that is my favourite class, I love how unique they are form all the other classes (totems, spirit wolves, weapon buffs etc.)
For race my favourite is the Troll partly because of the accent though I don't use it when I RP as a Troll, they seem to be laid back and independant which I like.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to equal or beat retail WoW RP which shouldn't be hard but mostly I expect to meet fun people and be free to let my imagination take me around Azeroth.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All players on this server should have a high degree of competence in typing. This is a roleplay-centric server, and as such we need to have high standards of personal expression. Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling all count. Nobody's perfect, but everyone is capable of improving. Emoticons are not an acceptable substitute for a well-posed emote. Please try to type out words, such as "you" rather than "u" and "thanks" rather than "thx". You are expected to use proper spelling and grammar in the official OOC channels (/Chat and /LookingForGroup) as much as possible. If you are asked to stop abusing the language more than once, you will be kicked and directed to this rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I think I'd rather wait until I play as my character because the story I plan to write will be about my character and a situation he/she has been involved in.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thanks for reading!
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.