Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Storyweave`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm the type of gamer that didn't skip cut-scenes while playing any game, the type of player that reads all he can about the world he is preparing to introduce his creation to, to sum it up... I'm a role-player.

I "weave" stories, I give life to characters that have both a face and a persona, and when they interact with others, they are interacting with characters like themselves, characters with a background, a purpose and a spirit of their own.

I shall quote a friend, regarding why I seek to role-play instead of simply spending time and money on a game to augment some sort of virtual personification of myself:
"I enjoy role-playing because I enjoy playing against people, not machines who repeat the same tasks throughout their existence, machine who bother not to seek the purpose of said actions"

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Portugal, though my primary language is, therefore, Portuguese, it might as well be English (or so I've been told by every foreign language teacher I have ever had)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, the first game I tried of the series was Warcraft 2, though at the time I had no idea what it was or that it was part of a series, a few years later, however, I played Warcraft 3: The Reign of Chaos, the game ensnared me with it's stunning visuals, interesting story and overall fantastic game-play.

I sought there and then to play it's expansion as well (The Frozen Throne), and, eventually, it's predecessors Warcraft 2 (and it's expansion) and the original Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.

I have only recently entered the World of Warcraft, for some time I have been playing (and will continue to play) on official RP realms, however the lack of proper Blizzard moderation or community interest has, to say the least, disappointed me... The Realms fill with "guilds" based on Raiding and PVP themes over Role-Play, many join the realms specifically to ruin RP events...

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'd have to say the R.P. aspect of course, it seems like it has a nice, dedicated and very knowledgeable community, not to mention that I was not seeking any specific "Free Realms" but rather realms that possessed the elements I found lacking in other alternatives.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be perfectly honest, I enjoy all kind of actual Role-Playing, but the ones that I participate in the most are usually relative to the type of character I develop.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ah, this is rather difficult to choose...
I'd say I role-play best with the Forsaken, I have made a few successfully developed Forsaken characters and the race itself demonstrates a curious "hypocrisy" at times (such as serving the "Dark Lady" unquestionably while claiming to praise their free-will over everything, which only allows for the development of more interesting characters).

As for class... I'll have to say Priests present the most dual-sided class and therefore one of the most interesting they have many "basic traits" to choose from and develop, I have a particular interest in developing Priests that specialize in the "Shadow" talents of their class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a quaint and small yet high quality and properly organized Warcraft Role-Playing Community, I trust I shall not be disappointed.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I found two of your rules particularly interesting, as it references something I find official realms to be... lacking:

"Maturity" and "Role-playing". At least in the way you describe them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I believe I shall accept the offer of completing this task... somewhere in the near future, when I seek to acquire the status of "Grunt"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Lovely little project you have here.

/smile
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.