Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: tigerslayer`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I love World of Warcraft only for the rp, nothing else about it really makes it too fun. I am a pretty good rper, and I know IC, OOC, metagaming, and godmodding. I love to rp in good looking gear, and I rp as a lot of different things at different times. Whether it be a gnomish engineer, an orcish warrior, or a human paladin. As long as I am in a good rp, I am happy, and do my best to be a great rper to enhance the rp =] I also hate rping with people who don't use proper grammar Icly, and I really hate when people use shortcuts like lol or wtf or something. I believe in OOC, grammar shouldn't matter too much, but IC, grammar is one of the most important aspects of rp. I also believe first impressions should be based on somebody's IC acting, not their OOC, like if they use bad grammar OOC, you can't say "I don't want to rp with you, your grammar sucks." If you haven't seen their IC even a little bit. (I mean, if they mispell everything then ok, but if they use shortcuts ooc then you can't base first impressions on that.)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, and the only language I speak is english =] I speak it very well to!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Actually, my dad introduced it to me, for a few years I didn't rp, but when I actually got into rping, I realized how much I loved it, and was actually pretty good at it! I love these fantasy games, and especially fantasy roleplaying games!

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have tried many roleplaying servers, most of them failed. I searched "Wow rp private server" And this was the first I saw, I clicked on the link, and read about it. It actually looks pretty good! And organized, and it looks like you won't get these people running around with stupid looking OP gear like in many other "rp" servers I've been in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Wow, I love a lot of rps! Depending on my character, actually! Sometimes I'll be a peaceful citizen in a small town, or maybe even becoming a guard to fight off nearby dangers! I may be a soldier, fighting off the opposing army, but what I love most of all, is those rps where you have so many choices, like for example:I am a peaceful citizen at Lakeshire. I need money, so I have many choices, should I be a fisherman? Should I be a guard? Should I be a salesman? I love the rps where you have a choice to do whatever you want, and what makes it more exciting is when there is a nearby threat to the town, such as the orcs. I love rps where it makes it actually seem like World of Warcraft!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I always favor being a human paladin, because they always seem heroic and brave, and respected! I especially love making a backround to that as well, such as a young man who wishes to become a paladin, and trains night and day to do so, so he can fight a certain battle, feel needed, or something along those lines. A human paladin to me, seems like one of the most exciting roles one could have, depending on their backround, and a backround is what every good rper needs! :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to see better rp then I have, without people constantly asking "What is IC and OOC?" or using fail grammar, and I expect to not see as many metagamers or godmodders, and the worst thing possible....lore rape. I hate seeing somebody walk into an rp with frostmourne or ashbringer, or with names like "Thrall the Warchief" or "Arthas the prince" or saying they are related to them in ANY way. "Oh, I got trained by Uther himself." No, they couldn't have, that didn't happen, I don't see it in the lore that he had another student named Laul or something.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I love all of your rules, to be honest, I love how you want your roleplayers to be mature, respect eachother, and so on, and I really love how you guys point out that IC personalities mean the character's personality, not your real one, I have seen many people who hate eachother OOC because of IC issues. And I love how you want to fix this issue, I am really looking forward to joining you! And by the way, this whole question thing is really good to!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Great, I love this type of thing! Please note my story will not be too long, but I hope I can show you what I am capable of, atleast somewhat!)

Prologue
As he gazed upon the tome, his eyes widened. Before leaving, Thuradon's father passed down a large tomek to Thuradon, that somehow would help him accomplish what he was meant to do. The tome lay on top of the old, wooden desk, as Thuradon gulped, he pulled out an old key, opened the lock, and flipped open the cover of the tome.

Thuradon
"Fresh fish for sale! Only 1 silver coin per fish!" a dwarf yelled, Thuradon wrapped his arm around his stomach. Sighing, he realized he had only 5 copper coins. It's been three years since Thuradon's father left, and soon it'd be three years since Thuradon left the small cabin he and his father lived in, the journey was hard, and he had barely enough food to live on. Only getting by with small pieces of bread, usually moldy bread. He had gotten 5 copper for doing some yard work at an old woman's home, and hoped to be able to spend it on something. Thuradon looked around the small village. With only what looked like three houses, one inn and a few stands, a drink must be very cheap. Thuradon stared at a sign hanging from the top of a large building. It read "The Golden Eagle Inn". Thuradon shrugged and walked in.
The place wasn't neat at all. Spiderwebs hung freely from some of the corners. and small mats were used as beds. The innkeeper himself looked rather mean as well. Thuradon walked up to the man. "How much for a drink here, sir?" The man sighed and stated rather bluntly, "Three copper, probably much more than you can afford, boy." "Also, you look young, too young to be wandering around here, what brings you here?" Thuradon put three copper onto the counter, and replied calmly, "I am just a traveler, and I'm seventeen, old enough to take care of myself." The man looked at Thuradon and grinned. He walked over to a keg, filled it with some cold ale, and slided it over to Thuradon. "Let's just hope the guards don't find you dead on the road, boy." Thuradon took a sip from the mug, and looked at the man, "What, is there something wrong around here?" The man looked at Thuradon, seeming annoyed. "You are unlucky to have come here, and I'm surprised you haven't heard of the many deaths and robberies caused by a local bandit gang!" Thuradon sighed as he placed his mug onto the counter. "Well, I guess I should leave soon, huh?" "But I am curious as to why you reside here, this place is very low populated, and I doubt you have good business." The man looked down, sighed and stated, "I can't leave here, it's where I was born and raised." "I am rather attached to this small village." He gave a small chuckle. Thuradon finished his drink, handed the mug back to the man and nodded in appreciation. "See you around." The man just gave a slight nod, and started to wipe down the counter. Thuradon dusted off his thin, gray linen pants, turned and walked out of the inn, and ran his hand through his long brown hair. He shivered, and continued down the long path.

(Hope you like it, not my best work, but hopefully enough to show you what I am capable of =) )

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't wait to join this server, I look forward to roleplaying on your server if you accept me!
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.