Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Valthoran90`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
In truth this was the part of this I dreaded the most, mostly because I only like explaining myself to those I like or respect. Otherwise I'm very withdrawn and shy.

I'm a man who has always dreamed of being something of dreams, that's why I play as a Elven Wizard since that is what I am at heart.

I have been roleplaying for about a year and a half so I wouldn't call myself a veteran but I've been told that I have a natural talent for it. Of course I will let you decide that for yourself.

Of my hobbies that do not include the computer, I enjoy writing stories, driving my truck, hanging with friends, and following the development of blue roses.

I do my best to be honest and true in all my interactions. While I am rather proud of my internet self, I shall do my best to curb my enthusiasm. Haha.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from the United States of America, on the western side to be more specific. My primary language is English but I know some American Sign Language too, although I doubt that will help me out on the internet.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My two best friends had been into WoW since Vanilla times and finally got me to play. I started right before Blood Elves lost the 'Mana Tap' ability if that gives a better time-frame. I played retail until almost two years ago on the US PvP server Coilfang. PvP is not my forte, PvE and RP are my favorites by far.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I came here at the suggestion of a close friend of mine. I have been on a few other private RP servers and been a GM on one of them, but as with all things times get rough and people drift away.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy just about all forms of roleplay. I don't really like fighting and danger roleplay due to fact that i try to avoid such situations by the use of words and logic. But aside from that more light-hearted styles such as adventure and tavern are much more my speed.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Of all the races in WoW I would have to say that my favorite race is the High Elves. I know that they aren't normally playable without some kind of modification, but I really respect those who refused to become Blood Elves. I rather well versed in their lore so I try to be one as often as I can.

When it comes to classes my favorite is Mage with Warlock coming in at second place. Being able to wield powers beyond sight and reason is quite a draw for me. In roleplay I usually call myself a wizard and defend that fact firmly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are a bit simple I suppose, I wish for a friendly and helpful community who takes Roleplaying seriously.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I thought that all the rules seemed quite sound, but if I were to pick a top three of the most appealing to me I would choose: Humility, Keyboarding skills, and Maturity.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
In a lone tower far away from most towns there lived an Elven Wizard. He was a very wise and respectful man, but he held many secrets and did not permit visitors into the upper stories of his tower. A strange presence permeated the area about his tower so only those who were bold came near to visit the strange man.

On dark rainy nights a light can be seen from the upper windows of the Wizard's tower. On these nights the Wizard sits at his elegantly carved desk while reading ancient tomes written in languages long forgotten by most of the world. As he reads the dim candle-light plays off his delicate features and odd shadows dance amidst the rows of dusty bookshelves.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My main question is this: Are players allowed to be High Elves on this server? I won't run away if the answer is no, I can always play other races.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Valthoran! To answer your question about high elves, our wiki states:
Quote:There are two other normal player-available elf races available. We know there are still High Elves, but you will not be able to convince us to allow you to have one. Period. If you are going to leave the server because you can't play a High Elf, then you have stumbled across one of the reasons we don't allow them.
Hope that this helps!